The Student Room Group

What to do after exams???

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sunshine774
Are you serious? Because I am not going to touch a textbook until September!

Lol, yeah I like the a levels that I will be doing soon hopefully.
Original post by Divinchi
dam bro is that how much you love studying? xD

Not really lol, I hate GCSE's and I'd prefer to actually study for A-Levels
Yes that sounds like a great thing to try! Thanks!

No problem! You should get instagram and post your pictures there! :smile:
Original post by zXcodeXz
Not really lol, I hate GCSE's and I'd prefer to actually study for A-Levels

Ha ha that is how I feel right now. I think it is because I want a 'fresh start'- if you know what I mean?
Lol, yeah I like the a levels that I will be doing soon hopefully.

Which A levels are you doing? I am doing Biology, Chemistry, Maths and Economics.
Reply 25
I am hoping to study Biology, Chemistry, Maths and Economics. I am actually really excited to do Economics because I took Business Studies at GCSE and I have loved it!
Do you think these A levels are hard and what changes have been made?

Well firstly I study biology. chemistry and maths and I am in year 13. So this means I am studying for the second half of my a levels.
I'm sure you've heard some changes such as there being no exams at the end of the first year, they're all at the end of the two years ( year 1& 2 exams inclusive).There also no coursework but you may do some required practicals that arent assessed ( youre very lucky)

you might here from others that the jump between GCSE and year1 is massive... believe them but its not hard to cope and get good grades if you start from day 1. In my chemistry class last year I was the one with the lowest gcse score but still came near the top. Anyone can do it.

one more tip with a levels you become way more independent so no more spoon feeding from teachers. Probably wont care as much but you should.
Ha ha that is how I feel right now. I think it is because I want a 'fresh start'- if you know what I mean?

Yeah that's exactly it, I've had enough learning about the same things over
Original post by Guls
Well firstly I study biology. chemistry and maths and I am in year 13. So this means I am studying for the second half of my a levels.
I'm sure you've heard some changes such as there being no exams at the end of the first year, they're all at the end of the two years ( year 1& 2 exams inclusive).
you might here from others that the jump between GCSE and year1 is massive... believe them but its not hard to cope and get good grades if you start from day 1. In my chemistry class last year I was the one with the lowest gcse score but still came near the top. Anyone can do it.
one more tip with a levels you become way more independent so no more spoon feeding from teachers. Probably wont care as much but you should.

Thank you so much! I will remember this for September!
What do you think of maths- how hard is it compared to GCSE?
Reply 28
Still in the middle of GCSE's though

lol I was joking. next year during your a levels you'll make the same joke to this years year10 :tongue:
Which A levels are you doing? I am doing Biology, Chemistry, Maths and Economics.

Nice, I want to do Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Maths (almost the same as yours!)
Original post by Guls
lol I was joking. next year during your a levels you'll make the same joke to this years year10 :tongue:

Yeah lol, true about that!
Reply 31
Thank you so much! I will remember this for September!
What do you think of maths- how hard is it compared to GCSE?

if you love maths its more easier to cope because youll stay on the problem for longer but its more 'advanced'
This sounds like a really stupid question but I have seen so many people saying what they will do - I really don't know!
I don't just want to watch TV for 12 weeks, and I will get a job but I don't turn 16 until August.
Any suggestions for new hobbies to take up? I really want to spend my time productively and learn something new!
Thank you in advance!

I know this sounds cheesy but maybe make a scrapbook of your summer. I think someone previously said photography so with the pictures you could make a whole book of the memories. That's what I'm going to do. I'm a collector so I'll probably make tonnes of scrapbooks and categorise things like movies, my fav peeps, places to travel etc. This summer's gonna be great :cool::cool:
Original post by Guls
if you love maths its more easier to cope because youll stay on the problem for longer but its more 'advanced'

I find maths interesting, but I don't love it... not yet anyway!
Thanks for your advice!x
Original post by Ella_08
I know this sounds cheesy but maybe make a scrapbook of your summer. I think someone previously said photography so with the pictures you could make a whole book of the memories. That's what I'm going to do. I'm a collector so I'll probably make tonnes of scrapbooks and categorise things like movies, my fav peeps, places to travel etc. This summer's gonna be great :cool::cool:

That is a really good idea and not cheesy at all!:biggrin:
I am a very nostalgic person and I do love looking through photographs- brings back good memories!
That is a really good idea and not cheesy at all!:biggrin:
I am a very nostalgic person and I do love looking through photographs- brings back good memories!

Cool, it'll be perfect for you then (: yup you can't beat photos :cute: Are you doing gcses now? The summer will be such a nice break from all the work! All the people in this thread who are saying they'll be revising... wtf? No way.
CHILL
literally just CHILLLLLLLL
Original post by Ella_08
Cool, it'll be perfect for you then (: yup you can't beat photos :cute: Are you doing gcses now? The summer will be such a nice break from all the work! All the people in this thread who are saying they'll be revising... wtf? No way.

Yep I am doing GCSE's and I have 12 weeks off!!!
Revision? No way will I be revising! Like I said before, I will not be touching a textbook until September!

Best of luck in your exams and have an amazing summer!x:biggrin:
Reply 38
I have heard they are much harder than gcse's. But surely if you start working from day 1 you should be fine?

Yes you will be absolutely fine if you start from day 1. how early you start isn't the limiting factor. It's how interested you are, and how motivated you are to learn new things!
Yep I am doing GCSE's and I have 12 weeks off!!!
Revision? No way will I be revising! Like I said before, I will not be touching a textbook until September!

Best of luck in your exams and have an amazing summer!x:biggrin:

Same! I haven't even counted how many weeks i have yet lol. Soooooo excited. Exactly, the only book i'll be reading is the atlas or some weird fanfiction crap. Cheers, all the best to you too, we're nearly there :flower2: x

Quick Reply

Latest