The Student Room Group

What to do after exams???

Scroll to see replies

Original post by xylas
Yes you will be absolutely fine if you start from day 1. how early you start isn't the limiting factor. It's how interested you are, and how motivated you are to learn new things!

Yep I have serious problems with motivation. I have only done night before/on the day revision for all my exams so far but they have suprisingly gone really well!

I keep telling myself I will NOT do this next year as if I do this little work next year I will definitely get U's!
Honestly the world is your oyster. You really haven't put much thought into this cos I've come up with all these ideas already:

Go shopping
Go to theme parks
Eat out with friends and family
Trips to the park when the weather is nice
Travel to new places
Visit friends and family
Start a blog or other creative passion - writing, knitting etc
Get involved in public classes/groups - fitness, dance etc
Go to the gym
Play sports
Go to festivals
Volunteering - you don't need to be 16 to do this

And on top of that, you can watch TV/films and play games in your down time.
Original post by Ella_08
Same! I haven't even counted how many weeks i have yet lol. Soooooo excited. Exactly, the only book i'll be reading is the atlas or some weird fanfiction crap. Cheers, all the best to you too, we're nearly there :flower2: x

I feel so excited too- it is literally the only thing that is getting me through revision and exams!
In fact I am so excited that I am so happy nowadays, even when I am doing exams.... I really can't wait!!!!!!!!!!
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 43
Original post by sunshine774
Yep I have serious problems with motivation. I have only done night before/on the day revision for all my exams so far but they have suprisingly gone really well!

I keep telling myself I will NOT do this next year as if I do this little work next year I will definitely get U's!

It's fine, I'm like that too! Why else would I be on TSR right now :P
Original post by asif007
Honestly the world is your oyster. You really haven't put much thought into this cos I've come up with all these ideas already:

Go shopping
Go to theme parks
Eat out with friends and family
Trips to the park when the weather is nice
Travel to new places
Visit friends and family
Start a blog or other creative passion - writing, knitting etc
Get involved in public classes/groups - fitness, dance etc
Go to the gym
Play sports
Go to festivals
Volunteering - you don't need to be 16 to do this

And on top of that, you can watch TV/films and play games in your down time.

Thanks- I will make sure I do everything on the list!
Original post by xylas
It's fine, I'm like that too! Why else would I be on TSR right now :P

Ha ha yes! TSR is the best form of procrastination!
Worry about "Results Day".......
Reply 47
Ha ha yes! TSR is the best form of procrastination!

Nothing wrong with that :biggrin: Here's to enjoying life our own way!
Original post by Bulletzone
Worry about "Results Day".......

Just remember that you will have done your best! You cannot change what is in the past, so instead look to the future. I am sure you will get the grade you deserve and the grades you are aiming for!
Remember to relax and ENJOY your summer! You will have earnt it!

Spoiler

I feel so excited too- it is literally the only thing that is getting me through revision and exams!
In fact I am so excited that I am so happy nowadays, even when I am doing exams.... I really can't wait!!!!!!!!!!

Ahahah!! Yup same i'm soo bored of history, trying to revise it now :/ i know what you mean tho, exams can be relaxing..... ironically.

But yeah Omg it's gonna be incredible, like i think we have to have a positive mindset about all the time we have. So much freedom. I'm also doing NCS if you've heard of it which is terrifying but exciting!!!!!
Original post by Ella_08
Ahahah!! Yup same i'm soo bored of history, trying to revise it now :/ i know what you mean tho, exams can be relaxing..... ironically.

But yeah Omg it's gonna be incredible, like i think we have to have a positive mindset about all the time we have. So much freedom. I'm also doing NCS if you've heard of it which is terrifying but exciting!!!!!

Yeah I have heard of NCS! I am not doing it but it does look amazing! Like you said It is good to have a positive mindset- but my friends think I am crazy because i am just so happy and chilled... and everyone else is stressing out.
I think the amount of freedom we have is the most exciting bit!!!

Hope you enjoy NCS!:biggrin: What kind of things will you do?
(edited 7 years ago)
Im not lying but ill probably be thinking what ums mark i got on each paper and whether i got into my firm :tongue:
Just remember that you will have done your best! You cannot change what is in the past, so instead look to the future. I am sure you will get the grade you deserve and the grades you are aiming for!
Remember to relax and ENJOY your summer! You will have earnt it!

Spoiler

It's just French I'm worried about :frown: but thanks I guess.
It's just French I'm worried about :frown: but thanks I guess.

Trust me you WILL be fine! Just be positive!:biggrin:
Trust me you WILL be fine! Just be positive!:biggrin:

If I'm not fine you owe me a cookie?
If I'm not fine you owe me a cookie?

What do you mean?
Original post by Ayaz789
Im not lying but ill probably be thinking what ums mark i got on each paper and whether i got into my firm :tongue:

Well just remember to relax. You will be fine!:biggrin:
Yeah I have heard of NCS! I am not doing it but it does look amazing! Like you said It is good to have a positive mindset- but my friends think I am crazy because i am just so happy and chilled... and everyone else is stressing out.
I think the amount of freedom we have is the most exciting bit!!!

Hope you enjoy NCS!:biggrin: What kind of things will you do?

Cool! I'm going with my friends so it should be less intimidating haha. You're not crazy :tongue: It's good to b chill, ever thought they might be slightly crazy for being stressed? Ikr, once in a lifetime opportunity. I'm also going to do running, hopefully i can keep it up! Thanks, I'm sure it'll be good. Not really sure tbh, i think we go to Scotland to do water sports, (canoeing). But it's 4 weeks so we also stay in a uni for a week, then volunteering :smile:
Original post by Ella_08
Cool! I'm going with my friends so it should be less intimidating haha. You're not crazy :tongue: It's good to b chill, ever thought they might be slightly crazy for being stressed? Ikr, once in a lifetime opportunity. I'm also going to do running, hopefully i can keep it up! Thanks, I'm sure it'll be good. Not really sure tbh, i think we go to Scotland to do water sports, (canoeing). But it's 4 weeks so we also stay in a uni for a week, then volunteering :smile:

Sounds fun- wish I could come! It sounds like a great way to spend your summer! Best of luck!:biggrin:
Sounds fun- wish I could come! It sounds like a great way to spend your summer! Best of luck!:biggrin:

Yeah, wish you could!! :wink: Limits my freedom a bit but i don't mind. Thanku :biggrin: what u doing now? I'm doing history ://// i'll be happy to wave good bye to exams

Quick Reply

Latest