The Student Room Group

Transferring from russell group to non russell group uni

Currently in my first year of study at uni. Wanted to leave this uni because I really don't enjoy it. The only uni I have properly considered is a non russell group one which will let me transfer directly to the second year of study doing the same course.

I want to get into teaching... Am i making a bad choice?

Posted from TSR Mobile
What's bad about Warwick if you don't mind me asking?
Reply 2
I cant really speak for the uni as a whole, but the course im doing... Film and Lit is quite pretentious. Like mind you I knew the course to be one you have to ******** your way through as with my experience in gcse and a-level... But this environment is just too superficial for me. The people seem pretentious both in a social sense and how they interact intellectually, and even though the lecturers are experts in their fields I feel like they expect us to be in this bubble... Maybe its just a personal thing but I don't feel the environment is right for me.

I didn't know what to expect when I first applied but this year has been a wakeup call for me and I don't see myself here... Do you plan on studying here?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by shaf6565
Currently in my first year of study at uni. Wanted to leave this uni because I really don't enjoy it. The only uni I have properly considered is a non russell group one which will let me transfer directly to the second year of study doing the same course.

I want to get into teaching... Am i making a bad choice?

Posted from TSR Mobile

What are the unis? There's a fairly big difference between going from Oxford to London Met (which would probably reduce your expected starting salary by £20k or so), vs Liverpool to Bath (which might be an improvement for some courses).
Reply 4
Original post by sweeneyrod
What are the unis? There's a fairly big difference between going from Oxford to London Met (which would probably reduce your expected starting salary by £20k or so), vs Liverpool to Bath (which might be an improvement for some courses).

I am currently at University of Warwick but thinking of moving to Birmingham City. I am loosely aware of the wage gap, but thought because it was my intention to be a teacher at inner city schools, this wouldn't impede too much in terms of pay?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by shaf6565
I am currently at University of Warwick but thinking of moving to Birmingham City. I am loosely aware of the wage gap, but thought because it was my intention to be a teacher at inner city schools, this wouldn't impede too much in terms of pay?

Why do you think you'd enjoy City more than Warwick?

Quick Reply

Latest