The Student Room Group

Dalai Lama says Europe has accepted ‘too many’ refugees

Tibet’s spiritual leader, the Dalai Lama, thinks that Europe has accepted too many refugees, saying that they should stay only temporarily and return to rebuild their home countries once the conflicts there have been resolved.
“Europe, for example Germany, cannot become an Arab country. Germany is Germany,” he said. “There are so many that in practice it becomes difficult.”

https://www.rt.com/news/344983-dalai-lama-refugee-crisis/

Oh, look. There is a one more islamophobic, homophobic, cis gender racist!!!!
Reply 1
In my opinion migrants
Original post by slaven
Tibet’s spiritual leader, the Dalai Lama, thinks that Europe has accepted too many refugees, saying that they should stay only temporarily and return to rebuild their home countries once the conflicts there have been resolved.
“Europe, for example Germany, cannot become an Arab country. Germany is Germany,” he said. “There are so many that in practice it becomes difficult.”

Not the first time he said something aweful.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by slaven

Haha, well the Dalai Lama is obviously correct. And he's being consistent. He has previously expressed concern about mass immigration to Tibet being used to dilute Tibetan identity and culture. He can see the same is happening to suicidal Western countries.
Reply 4
Original post by Chi019
Haha, well the Dalai Lama is obviously correct. And he's being consistent. He has previously expressed concern about mass immigration to Tibet being used to dilute Tibetan identity and culture. He can see the same is happening to suicidal Western countries.

Dalai Lama is crazy and does not know what he says. He should be happy for the chinese Han immigrants. They are culturally enriching Tibet.
tbh it wasn't just "mass immigration" happening in Tibet back then. It was invasion. Tibet was being illegally occupied by China because it was an isolated country prior to that and not many people knew about it. So, Tibet's case is different from that of Germany. About the Dalai Lama's statement, I'm sure he mentioned that instead of just constant immigration, it is wiser to look for a solution to the cause of the problem i.e. war etc, and solve that so that people from the middle east wouldn't have to be exiled in the first place. If people just keep immigrating into Germany, then Germany will eventually become congested. It may affect their economy and then they wouldn't be able to help other people in need either. I am sick of people taking the Dalai Lama for a clown because he laughs a lot and has a sense of humour. They are the prime examples of people who judge a book by its cover. Beneath that appearance, there is still a wise, kind and educated Buddhist monk. He has studied constantly for a long time and has a lot of knowledge and experience.

Original post by slaven
Dalai Lama is crazy and does not know what he says. He should be happy for the chinese Han immigrants. They are culturally enriching Tibet.

Tibet already had a rich culture way before the Chinese immigrated.
Original post by slaven
“Europe, for example Germany, cannot become an Arab country. Germany is Germany,” he said.

Dalai Lama has some pretty balanced views. He seems like a decent guy too. Love the way he sends his followers to study neuroscience, because it actually really fits in with some of Buddhism's ideas of there not being a self. Of course he's correct here as well, but only some 16yr old Green Party supporting Guardianista would disagree.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by slaven

Definitely a racist 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
I hate emotional statements like that. I agree with it, but when leaders just talk without supportive evidence, it all sounds biased and vacuous to be honest. How exactly is Germany becoming an Arab state by accepting 1 million refugees/migrants (most of whom are not even Arab) against the already present 60 million Germans?

He's right, but not because Germany is going to become an Arab state, but because the German state has proven unable to maintain large masses of refugees and preventing them from committing crimes. This sounds like a soundbite Nigel Farage would say.

What happened to people like Noam Chomsky and Sam Harris? People who end every sentence they say with supporting evidence? People who rely on logic to make arguments, not simplistic emotional drivel?
Original post by paul514
Definitely a racist 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

You can't surely think that can yo mate? Or sarcasm?
Original post by AlphaCenturion
You can't surely think that can yo mate? Or sarcasm?

Sarcasm.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wait a minute, have you also been commenting on political issues on YouTube? I think we have commented each other before, about the EU nonetheless!
Original post by AlphaCenturion
Wait a minute, have you also been commenting on political issues on YouTube? I think we have commented each other before, about the EU nonetheless!

No sorry that wasn't me

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ha what a racist

You can never get enough doctors, lawyers and engineers!
He's right.
Original post by TelAviv
Ha what a racist

You can never get enough doctors, lawyers and engineers!

Or cheap labour from the former Soviet block, for the rich.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending