The Student Room Group

Cue the witch hunt.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-36416350

"The mother of a boy who fell into a gorilla enclosure at a US zoo has become the victim of online abuse after zookeepers shot the animal dead.

Some even called for Ms Gregg to be dismissed from her job.
Ms Gregg posted on Facebook after the incident and at about the same time a Facebook group called Justice for Harambe was set up.
An online petition signed by more than 300,000 people was also created, calling for her to be held accountable for Harambe's death"

Scroll to see replies

Nice to see she makes no reference to who had to pay the price.
"I keep a tight watch on my kids" ~ clearly.
Reply 3
I'd make her do a speech on TV. No god ****, just a reason as to why she was this idiotic. It wouldn't in any way justify her actions, but it would at least make her think twice about bloody doing it again!
Reply 4
People love finding someone to resent and blame. The hatred is palpable.

It's an upsetting story but vitriol towards the mother/zoo will not change anything. The child is safe, the zoo made the correct call, and there probably should have been better measures in place to prevent this from happening. Yes, the mother should have kept a closer eye on her child after he repeatedly expressed desire to climb into the exhibit yet she also had other children to consider. Onlookers shouldn't have stirred up such a fuss.

Mistakes were made, and tragically an endangered species has lost a member, but there are more pressing issues to consider in the world. Move on.
No parent is perfect. No parent can keep a watch on their child 24/7. The situation could have been avoided but it wasn't and measurements had to be taken. Pretty sure they feel guilty enough, outsiders don't need to keep criticising.
Reply 6
Original post by Namita Gurung
No parent is perfect. No parent can keep a watch on their child 24/7. The situation could have been avoided but it wasn't and measurements had to be taken. Pretty sure they feel guilty enough, outsiders don't need to keep criticising.

Her words don't really express much guilt in my eyes. "Accidents happen",
Original post by Jebedee
Her words don't really express much guilt in my eyes. "Accidents happen",

What do you want her to do then? Cry in public? Donate money towards the zoo as an apology? Who knows what she could be feeling inside?
I'm not trying to say that the parents aren't at fault because they were. I just don't think it's acceptable either how much the public is criticising them.
Would she still live her god if the gorilla had ripped the boys arms off? She's stupid. Social services should take the child away and sterilise the parents.
How could she let the kid fall in?
lol at the petition, those people are the definition of losers. get on with your life ffs
Original post by thunder_chunky
Would she still live her god if the gorilla had ripped the boys arms off? She's stupid. Social services should take the child away and sterilise the parents.

how do you know its her fault? The boy could hve just jumpe in when she turned her back for a few secs.

Do you expect her to constantly be staring at her son 24/7 or something and be standing right next to him holding his hand 24/7
Original post by Namita Gurung
What do you want her to do then? Cry in public? Donate money towards the zoo as an apology? Who knows what she could be feeling inside?
I'm not trying to say that the parents aren't at fault because they were. I just don't think it's acceptable either how much the public is criticising them.

Make a public heartfelt apology, drop the god shite and take responsibility. Not brush it off like "it was an accident kthxbi".

If you kill someone accidentally, you get 6 years for manslaughter. If someone dies due to your negligence, that also carries a sentence. Same with if a baby dies under your care.

They should be thanking their lucky stars they aren't in a cell and if I had my way they would be.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by The Roast
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-36416350

"The mother of a boy who fell into a gorilla enclosure at a US zoo has become the victim of online abuse after zookeepers shot the animal dead.

Some even called for Ms Gregg to be dismissed from her job.
Ms Gregg posted on Facebook after the incident and at about the same time a Facebook group called Justice for Harambe was set up.
An online petition signed by more than 300,000 people was also created, calling for her to be held accountable for Harambe's death"

Its a bit rich calling it a witch hunt, when in fact you are the one starting a thread on the subject.
Original post by Screwsocietyy
how do you know its her fault? The boy could hve just jumpe in when she turned her back for a few secs.

Do you expect her to constantly be staring at her son 24/7 or something and be standing right next to him holding his hand 24/7

It is her fault. It's her child, her responsibility. If he even looked for a second like he was going to jump over and in then she should have been on him, holding him close to her. It's her responsibility. If it were my child, I'd hold him close to me at all times, irrespective of whether or not he was even thinking of climbing the rails.
The problem these days is that there is no accountability or responsibility. Everyone is a victim, everything is someone else's fault. No, this is her fault. She is a moron.
Lol no one gave the MCCann parents this much of a hard time for leaving there child unattended and that ended in a tragedy. The hypocracy is unreal.
Original post by 999tigger
Nice to see she makes no reference to who had to pay the price.

Who? ****ing lol.

I take it you are a vegetarian.
Original post by Asuna Yuuki
"I keep a tight watch on my kids" ~ clearly.

Inb4 something along the lines of: "there were a few gaps here and there but no parent is perfect".
Ridiculous reaction. Children can quickly get lost in busy places regardless of how careful the parent is being (why do they have 'lost child' services at theme parks in the UK if this didn't happen?). It just so happened this time that the child ended up with a dangerous animal. It's the zoos job to ensure the enclosures are built to prevent this exact kind of thing happening, especially when children are around. It can take seconds for a kid to disappear, and they have no sense of danger. I really don't understand the whole business of 'investigating' the child's parents. What are they expecting to find? What a waste of time and money.
Can you do witch hunts on TSR?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending