The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Do you ever smoke Mayfair or pall mall ?
Reply 21
Original post by bigbanghowwie
Do you ever smoke Mayfair or pall mall ?

No, i've only smoked GV (mostly), Benson & Hedges and Winston. I might do in the future though
(edited 7 years ago)
I'm guessing you don't regret it (...yet)?
Reply 23
Original post by champ_mc99
I'm guessing you don't regret it (...yet)?

I probably shouldn't have started but I do enjoy it
Original post by ajsmith171
I probably shouldn't have started but I do enjoy it

I'm pretty curious since I'll never do it: can you describe the sensation and what compels you to smoke? Also how many a day?
As the title suggests, as a smoker, ask me anything...

Reason for smoking?)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 26
Original post by Impressive
Reason for smoking?)Posted from TSR Mobile

A couple of my mates smoked so I started too
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 27
Does it not scare you, considering the potential consequences? I work in care, but even before that smoking terrified me. I am curious how you get past that, and don't mean to be rude or want to influence your choices at all.
A couple of my mates smoked so I started too

Will you ever consider quitting?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 29
Original post by HFBS
Does it not scare you, considering the potential consequences? I work in care, but even before that smoking terrified me. I am curious how you get past that, and don't mean to be rude or want to influence your choices at all.

To be honest, at the moment I enjoy smoking and allthough I fully know what the potential consequences it doesn't worry me too much. I don't want to smoke for the rest of my life and I would like to give up in the next few years. When I started, I didn't really focus or think about the consequences, which maybe if I had thought it through more, I wouldn't have started.
Reply 30
Will you ever consider quitting?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, I hope to in the next 2 years or so. Probably easier said then done though!
Did you enjoy smoking on your first day , or it became a habit after some timee ?

I've tried it once and i didn't quite like it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Why are you voluntarily killing yourself?
I understand that you already know that smoking damages your internal organs. Does this not scare you?
Reply 34
Original post by champ_mc99
I'm pretty curious since I'll never do it: can you describe the sensation and what compels you to smoke? Also how many a day?

It's a weird thing to describe, but I find it quite relaxing and pleasant and you also get a buzz from it (a nicotine rush). My first couple though felt really bad, it really burnt the back of my throat and I went really light headed (that's putting it lightly).

I smoke about 5-6 a day at the moment
Reply 35
Did you enjoy smoking on your first day , or it became a habit after some timee ?

I've tried it once and i didn't quite like it

Posted from TSR Mobile

I really didn't like it the first few times but I put up with it as my freinds smoked and then after a few I began to enjoy it and get a pretty big buzz from it.
Did you enjoy smoking at first or did you have to endure it before you came to like it ? I've heard a lot of smokers didn't like it at first but kept at it and eventually it went soothly for them. Just don't understand why you would keep smoking if you didn't enjoy it at first.

EDIT: never realised someone already asked that question lol, never mind.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 37
Do you bun up as well or nah?
How do you afford it?
Reply 39
Original post by Alipattzr5
I understand that you already know that smoking damages your internal organs. Does this not scare you?

I sort of take life as it comes, and I don't tend to worry much about things so not too much but I don't really think about it much. I hope to give up it up in the next couple of years, I don't want to smoke for the rest of my life.

Latest