The Student Room Group

Is this racist?banker claims black people are just not clever

Scroll to see replies

Original post by WBZ144
See? That wasn't so hard! :h:

But it was so hard for you to formulate a fair question? I don't see why you saw fit to attack me and paint me as a white supremacist when all I care about is facts and what is scientifically reasonable and observable.
Original post by Jebedee
But it was so hard for you to formulate a fair question? I don't see why you saw fit to attack me and paint me as a white supremacist when all I care about is facts and what is scientifically reasonable and observable.

If there is nothing discriminatory or supremacist about your views, you shouldn't view it as an "attack". Or even if there was, you should embrace it and own who you are, as opposed to beating around the bush :smile:
Original post by RasputinReborn

I do not believe any people are born intellectually superior to anyone else.

Dyslexia, Microcephaly?

Touche, I should have added that I am not counting any kind of defects.
Original post by HanSoloLuck
I can tell you this for certain, denial of the situation will mean we never get the answers you posit. The more we know, the better.
Here we go. I’ve always noticed. There always has to be at least one mention of “the deniers” or “lefties” "or liberals"

We never really drill down to the nuts and bolts that need to be asked of the people who believe in human bio-diversity and they kind of like that.

Because they never have to actually put their ideas out there on the line to be scrutinized. You can always claim ideological martyr status for being shouted down as being iconoclasts in the public square.

I say let’s have the debate on what it would actually mean in public policy terms. Let’s see how these people intend to address the problems of our time and indeed things they see as problems.

Because if you think science can settle ethical and moral questions, or public policy disputes, you need only look at the debate over climate change, or what were long considered settled matters (like evolution) to see how wrong such an assumption can be.

But to honest. I don't think they will because the reason you and others believe in this is because you need a new theory of racism that allows you to separate yourselves from the hardcore stormfronters. So they come up with this high sounding “Scientific” theory.

So let me take a wild guess. You’ll concede that blacks are better at bouncing balls, running fast, and brute strength and also funny, but not that smart.

Right ?

Asians are human calculators and are therefore good at science. They’re smart, but can’t think individually and aren’t creative.

Right ?

But whites are really the genetically chosen ones.

What a surprise

The people who have the best mix of genes and abilities to make them the natural leaders of the world. Their genetics makes them overall dominant, even if they do make a few small concessions to other races here and there (lol)
Original post by PrincePaul678686
Here we go. I’ve always noticed. There always has to be at least one mention of “the deniers” or “lefties” "or liberals"

We never really drill down to the nuts and bolts that need to be asked of the people who believe in human bio-diversity and they kind of like that.

Because they never have to actually put their ideas out there on the line to be scrutinized. You can always claim ideological martyr status for being shouted down as being iconoclasts in the public square.

I say let’s have the debate on what it would actually mean in public policy terms. Let’s see how these people intend to address the problems of our time and indeed things they see as problems.

Because if you think science can settle ethical and moral questions, or public policy disputes, you need only look at the debate over climate change, or what were long considered settled matters (like evolution) to see how wrong such an assumption can be.

But to honest. I don't think they will because the reason you and others believe in this is because you need a new theory of racism that allows you to separate yourselves from the hardcore stormfronters. So they come up with this high sounding “Scientific” theory.

So let me take a wild guess. You’ll concede that blacks are better at bouncing balls, running fast, and brute strength and also funny, but not that smart.

Right ?

Asians are human calculators and are therefore good at science. They’re smart, but can’t think individually and aren’t creative.

Right ?

But whites are really the genetically chosen ones.

What a surprise

The people who have the best mix of genes and abilities to make them the natural leaders of the world. Their genetics makes them overall dominant, even if they do make a few small concessions to other races here and there (lol)

It's ultimately what they want to say, though they will rarely admit to it. So instead they will beat around the bush and avoid direct questions. You will get the odd outburst when the right buttons are pushed, which they would probably end up blaming on the booze.
Original post by WBZ144
It's ultimately what they want to say, though they will rarely admit to it. So instead they will beat around the bush and avoid direct questions. You will get the odd outburst when the right buttons are pushed, which they would probably end up blaming on the booze.

Nice, so you know what I'm thinking without me saying. OK.

Ever thought about putting this superhuman ability to use, maybe if you really worked on it you could start up a super group, be sorta like Professor X.

You and PrincePaul could help each other, given he has this superpower as well.

images (3).jpg
Original post by WBZ144
It's just that. It's the fact that they think that THERE idea of what makes intelligent is all that matters.

How about if I dropped them down in the Nile delta and asked them to please farm the desert ?

How about if I asked them to survive by wandering the Sahara, or to avoid becoming prey on the Serengeti ?

Strangely, none of those things seems to take much intelligence in their view because they can answer questions like "If Adam is taller than Bill and Bill smaller and Bob and Bob is smaller Jack. Jack is smaller Jill - Who is the tallest?"
Nice, so you know what I'm thinking without me saying. OK.

Ever thought about putting this superhuman ability to use, maybe if you really worked on it you could start up a super group, be sorta like Professor X.

You and PrincePaul could help each other, given he has this superpower as well.

images (3).jpg

I have more than enough experience with the likes of you, no need for superpowers :h:

Besides, if we were to apply the logic that you have been applying throughout this thread, would it mean that White males in the UK generally lack the intellectual capacity to get into higher education, considering that they are now a minority group at universities?
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education/universityeducation/9484597/White-males-now-classed-as-a-minority-group-at-university.html
I can tell you this for certain, denial of the situation will mean we never get the answers you posit. The more we know, the better.

This is at least the second thread in which you've been told by multiole posters than IQ is a poorly constructed attempt at defining "intelligence" with a single value, which is simply not possible in any meaningful way.

Instead of really responding to these points or looking at the consqeuence of them for your arguments, you keep repeating "IQ data shows that..." in multiple threads.

I'd say denial is ignoring information that doesn't fit your IQ-orientated agenda and just persisting to spout the same unscientific nonsense.
It's just that. It's the fact that they think that THERE idea of what makes intelligent is all that matters.

How about if I dropped them down in the Nile delta and asked them to please farm the desert ?

How about if I asked them to survive by wandering the Sahara, or to avoid becoming prey on the Serengeti ?

Strangely, none of those things seems to take much intelligence in their view because they can answer questions like "If Adam is taller than Bill and Bill smaller and Bob and Bob is smaller Jack. Jack is smaller Jill - Who is the tallest?"

True, I would like to know how stupid people managed to survive some of the harshest conditions and adapt to them so well.
Original post by WBZ144
I said that IQ cannot measure intelligence, you have suggested that it can, hence you are suggesting a "difference" in intelligence. This would make some races genetically superior to others. Like I said, no need to beat around the bush, have the guts to come out with what you want to say.

The studies also show that IQ results often reflect socioeconomic backgrounds. I score quite well on those tests, being from an educated, middle class family. Someone from a deprived background is not going to have the required knowledge to answer most of the questions correctly. It's simple common sense, however if you wish to cling onto your claim to feel better about your own lack of achievement and reassure yourself that you are superior to Black people then be my guest

You cannot teach IQ and intelligence. You silly leftists :biggrin:

Yu are indoctrinated by your PC beliefs, it is actually quite amusing.
Well that's how racism works. They say things RIGHT UP UNTIL it's clearly a racist statement. So they don't say "Black people are less intelligent" but they will say "Black people have a lower IQ" they wont say "Black people are savages" but they will say "Black people have higher violent crime rate"As to IQ - In neurology no one takes IQ seriously. It is archaic and only really useful to social scientists. Neurologists who have a better understanding of how the brain works because they spend decades of their lives studying it have little to no use for it, but to the public at large it is so important. Because the public is only concerned with what feels like it should be true rather than what is actually the case in realityIrony is Alfred Binet created IQ test’s to see which children weren’t profiting from the Parisian school system, not so that they could be labeled stupid but so new educational programs could be created to help those childrenHe was afraid that his tests would be misused for nepharious reasons. He must have been psychic because once certain ppl got a hold of it, it took on a whole new meaning.
I think that you will find many in neurology take it seriously, you are just defensive as you are a black supremacist, who doesn't like how facts go against him on this issue.Blacks do have a higher crime rate by the way, that's also a fact.It is a fact that blacks have lower IQ's on average than East Asians and whites, learn to deal with it. Facts are not racist. You don't see me getting but hurt that Japanese generally have higher IQs than French people.Most geniuses are also men by the way, that's also proven.
Original post by offhegoes
This is at least the second thread in which you've been told by multiole posters than IQ is a poorly constructed attempt at defining "intelligence" with a single value, which is simply not possible in any meaningful way.

I never contested this, and it's an argument from authority. The right answer or position is not predicated on how many people in the thread disagree with you.

Instead of really responding to these points or looking at the consqeuence of them for your arguments, you keep repeating "IQ data shows that..." in multiple threads.

What point haven't I responded to

I'd say denial is ignoring information that doesn't fit your IQ-orientated agenda and just persisting to spout the same unscientific nonsense.

Which information have I denied to accept because of my bias.
Original post by WBZ144
If there is nothing discriminatory or supremacist about your views, you shouldn't view it as an "attack". Or even if there was, you should embrace it and own who you are, as opposed to beating around the bush :smile:

It has nothing to do with who I am. I just follow the evidence to a conclusion without trying to impose my personal feelings onto the matter. I don't think its a particularly nice or popular truth but a truth nonetheless.
Not only is it not racist but he is spot on, there are millions of civilised black people who do not participate in this urban gang culture, I think he can be excused for thinking it is mainly black people, and the statistics do actually support him anyway, but poverty in this country is not what it used to be, the working classes one hundred years ago worked 16 hour days and many had very respectable morals.
Original post by WBZ144
True, I would like to know how stupid people managed to survive some of the harshest conditions and adapt to them so well.

You don't have to be clever to adapt to things well. Clearly these people are stupid compared to other countries. What did Africa amount to without white help? Or the aborigines. It seems to me that you are confusing intelligence with instinct and innate ability.
Original post by pelaitsc45
You don't have to be clever to adapt to things well. Clearly these people are stupid compared to other countries. What did Africa amount to without white help? Or the aborigines. It seems to me that you are confusing intelligence with instinct and innate ability.

I cannot stand the talk which commonly comes up here about how the empire was responsible for destruction of nations. The empire brought many of these countries out of poverty and warfare, the myth of the noble savage is precisely that, a myth, there is an enormous amount of evidence that many tribes practice extremely brutal warfare practices (which were limited by British ideals of liberty), now, I am no apologist for actual crimes committed by empire, you will never find me supporting the Leopold II Belgium campaign for example, but it is patently wrong to say that these countries have been held back because of us.
Original post by George VI
I cannot stand the talk which commonly comes up here about how the empire was responsible for destruction of nations. The empire brought many of these countries out of poverty and warfare, the myth of the noble savage is precisely that, a myth, there is an enormous amount of evidence that many tribes practice extremely brutal warfare practices (which were limited by British ideals of liberty), now, I am no apologist for actual crimes committed by empire, you will never find me supporting the Leopold II Belgium campaign for example, but it is patently wrong to say that these countries have been held back because of us.

Exactly, whilst empire's did commit some atrocities, they did build huge amounts of infrastructure like roads and machines for when they were there. Now most have gone, what have they done with it? Nothing substantial. Watch the documentary on China in Africa and just look at the work ethic. It's called 'Empire of dust' it's on youtube. Why is the Chinese ethic so efficient and productive but in Africa it's completely reversed? It has to be racial.
Original post by pelaitsc45
Exactly, whilst empire's did commit some atrocities, they did build huge amounts of infrastructure like roads and machines for when they were there. Now most have gone, what have they done with it? Nothing substantial. Watch the documentary on China in Africa and just look at the work ethic. It's called 'Empire of dust' it's on youtube. Why is the Chinese ethic so efficient and productive but in Africa it's completely reversed? It has to be racial.

I haven't watched it so I will be sure to take a look, I think the rise of China to be a very interesting case. I don't yet have enough information to decide if it is racial or not, I should like to think not, and I should not treat anyone differently for it, but facts are facts, and I should like to remain as impartial as possible.
Original post by The_Opinion
I think that you will find many in neurology take it seriously, you are just defensive as you are a black supremacist,
You’re saying black IQ is lower, in general, because blacks are “naturally” less intelligent. that sort of exceptionally radical statement needs exceptionally radical proof to back it up proof which you simply don’t have.

If you are trying to ground IQ as a genetic product of race OR prove that it has no biological link at all, the very first thing you need to do is offer up a genetic or biological definition of race

Something no-one done, nor has any study but maybe you will shock me because I ALWAYS invite IQ fanatics to give such a definition, mainly because their pathetically fumbling attempts to define race point out just how ridiculous subjective such definitions are. In close to a decade of debating race with racists.

I have yet to see any person, no matter what their scientific credentials, offer up an acceptably neutral definition of race.

They don’t do this because, as has been shown time and again by forensic anthropology, it can’t be done. It’s like trying to claim that astrological signs determine someone’s IQ.

Whenever you say “Black People” you are not talking about one genetic race. You are talking about several diverse races that are even more different from one another genetically than any of the lighter skinned races.

So, basically between the bushmen of Kenya and Bantu of the Congo, you can find more genetic variation that you can find between say a Chinese man and a Frenchmen, than say a German and an Italian, than say a Dane and an Icelandic. Thus you may be more genetically similar to black in the Congo - Honest it's true.

Yet, IQ fanatics try to treat black people as one massive genetic race, who is somehow genetically advantaged or disadvantaged

The African genetic diversity dilemma is inescapable kryptonite to guys like you.

Original post by The_Opinion
on this issue.Blacks do have a higher crime rate by the way, that's also a fact.It is a fact that blacks have lower IQ's on average than East Asians and whites, learn to deal with it. Facts are not racist. You don't see me getting but hurt that Japanese generally have higher IQs than French people.Most geniuses are also men by the way, that's also proven.
Let's say you are correct.

Let's say that you are smarter than any black person. Let's say that whites are smarter. Since you want to believe this so much. I'll give it you. White man - You are the man. You are smarter than I'll ever be. You are the man dude. You are the man.

Now what ? You are smarter than any black person. So what are you going to do with all the dumb black people ? The doing part.

But that's the thing just keep on rolling with this as long as they never get to the doing part
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending