The Student Room Group

Instagram

Despite having a decent phone camera, I don't really post much on instagram. I don't take selfies and I won't go out of my way to take pictures on a night out.

I want to use it more as it's quite a good platform. Most of my male friends barely use it, so my feed is taken up of gym selfies and cocktails from the girls, adverts or cool photos from the few celebs I do follow.

I want to start taking more photos...but..of what?! I love seeing pictures of food but don't like to take them.

What do you guys snap to keep your feeds interesting? I bore myself with my own photos.

Inspire me :smile:
I think if you want a platform you'll have to be those obnoxious people who don't live in the moment and are always rudely on their phone.
Memes
e
m
e
s
Original post by xobeauty
I think if you want a platform you'll have to be those obnoxious people who don't live in the moment and are always rudely on their phone.

Yeah i get what you are saying. I don't live on my phone I don't use social media that much.

But I want to actually have something tangible to show for my travels and experiences. Ive travelled to so many parts of the globe, met some great people etc and lived in the moment, but now i want to start documenting it a bit better.
Original post by BirdIsWord
Memes
e
m
e
s

I really really dislike memes. I made a 'why are people obsessed with memes' thread once and people responded by posting loads of memes.

I feel like i'm a bit too old for that sort of content?

:dontknow:
Original post by hezzlington
I really really dislike memes. I made a 'why are people obsessed with memes' thread once and people responded by posting loads of memes.

I feel like i'm a bit too old for that sort of content?

:dontknow:

Never too old for memes :frown: But how old are you? I'm 18.
Original post by BirdIsWord
Never too old for memes :frown: But how old are you? I'm 18.

:excited:

Internet humour is just not funny to me. This is probs a wildly unpopular statement seeing as people here love to post/collect 'dank memes', but in all honesty it makes me cringe. I'm as bitter as it gets.
(edited 7 years ago)
My phone camera's supposed to be good but I think I just don't know how to use it to my advantage when it comes to taking pictures, haha.
I mostly post pictures of food and skies/trees but it just depends on the day, tbh.
I have the odd few collages (of selfies with family/friends), some colouring, drawings, jewellery, silly videos of me talking to myself, etc.

tl;dr a bit of everything. It's more like a messy scrapbook than anything.
Original post by Mochassassin
My phone camera's supposed to be good but I think I just don't know how to use it to my advantage when it comes to taking pictures, haha.
I mostly post pictures of food and skies/trees but it just depends on the day, tbh.
I have the odd few collages (of selfies with family/friends), some colouring, drawings, jewellery, silly videos of me talking to myself, etc.

tl;dr a bit of everything. It's more like a messy scrapbook than anything.

What camera do you have? Mines an S6 galaxy and supposed to be good but I have no idea how to use it.

I'd take more selfies but i'm incredibly unphotogenic so shy away when I can.

Yussssss seeing your yakni pilau made me miss home so bad. :sexface:
What camera do you have? Mines an S6 galaxy and supposed to be good but I have no idea how to use it.

I'd take more selfies but i'm incredibly unphotogenic so shy away when I can.

Yussssss seeing your yakni pilau made me miss home so bad. :sexface:

I have the S6 Edge! :lol:
I've seen so professional photos online taken with an S6 and I'm like...how tf?! o.o

Excuse you, you're definitely photogenic, pssshhh!
I have the S6 Edge! :lol:
I've seen so professional photos online taken with an S6 and I'm like...how tf?! o.o

Excuse you, you're definitely photogenic, pssshhh!

Is the S6 edge waterproof? I didnt really look into the differences..other than the edge haha. I really want a waterproof phone. I want to get snaps of my rowing and surfing.

Mine always come out grainy/sorta pixelated. I've played around with the settings but :dontknow:

I promised to post a recent selfie instead of old ones when the summer holidays start but i'm going to put it off for as long as possible...
Is the S6 edge waterproof? I didnt really look into the differences..other than the edge haha. I really want a waterproof phone. I want to get snaps of my rowing and surfing.

Mine always come out grainy/sorta pixelated. I've played around with the settings but :dontknow:

I promised to post a recent selfie instead of old ones when the summer holidays start but i'm going to put it off for as long as possible...

I have no idea, haha. I wanted the S6, not the Edge but my dad was due for an upgrade so he bought me this. >.>
Have you tried Googling 'waterproof phones'? :lol:
I know what you mean about the graininess - you try and zoom in a little bit and it looks awful.
There are some articles on Google on how to get the best out of your phone camera so maybe have a look and play around with the settings?

Don't break that promise! :angry:
I have no idea, haha. I wanted the S6, not the Edge but my dad was due for an upgrade so he bought me this. >.>
Have you tried Googling 'waterproof phones'? :lol:
I know what you mean about the graininess - you try and zoom in a little bit and it looks awful.
There are some articles on Google on how to get the best out of your phone camera so maybe have a look and play around with the settings?

Don't break that promise! :angry:

Yeah the s7 came up! By the time i qualify for an upgrade the next one will come out and it will be like..space proof.. My timing with phones is awful.

I'll have a play with settings.

:beer:

Quick Reply

Latest