The Student Room Group

Is this racist?banker claims black people are just not clever

Scroll to see replies

Original post by HanSoloLuck
To accept that socioeconomic status played such a huge factor is paradoxical, every group everywhere in the world started off poor, only black societies stay that way. The counter arguments are all completely unfalsifiable and unprovable.
OK. So you think white people are smarter than black people ? So let's say you are smarter than me or any black person ? Since you want to believe this so much, I'll give it to you. You are smarter than any black man or women alive.

Happy now ?

So taken your argument a step further than means, we have lots of black people who are by nature not very smart

So what is your solution ? What should be done ? The doing part.
(edited 7 years ago)
Hadn't thought about it, I tend to treat people as individuals and on a relatively even ground regardless of race.

Being said, the majority of blacks I have met, not all, have fit the negative stereotypes.

The data on black demographics is pretty hard to escape or brush over, my opinion is based in facts and evidence not personal experience or bias. The IQ difference is real, it correlates with race and it explains all of this apologetic nonsense, it has evidence to back it up, it follows logical reasoning.

To accept that socioeconomic status played such a huge factor is paradoxical, every group everywhere in the world started off poor, only black societies stay that way. The counter arguments are all completely unfalsifiable and unprovable.

So you are saying that, never mind coming up with all our inventions, the blacks are of course too stupid to invent these things, but they are even too stupid to use them?

The irony is you talk about logical reasoning and evidence, and bias, and yet you are the one selecting the "evidence" that suits your racist opinions best.
Original post by WBZ144
In America the most highly educated group is the African immigrants. So yeah, that banker hasn't a clue what he is talking about.

Slightly misleading statistic, considering native-born African-Americans are the second-least (after Hispanics) educated group. Even more so, considering there are far more native-born blacks than immigrants.

At the end of the day, we either recognise that educational attainment mostly comes from socio-economic status rather than intelligence, or we ignore it. You can't have your cake and eat it.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by inhuman
So you are saying that, never mind coming up with all our inventions, the blacks are of course too stupid to invent these things, but they are even too stupid to use them?

The irony is you talk about logical reasoning and evidence, and bias, and yet you are the one selecting the "evidence" that suits your racist opinions best.

Well no, you are trying to reinterpret what I said and inject bias on my part, you are adding a motive to try and discredit my points. Can't you see that ?

Stop trying to read between the lines and just read what I'm typing lol.

Also motives can be wrong, but the conclusion can be right, this tactic is so childishly naive.

If a racist says 2 + 2 = 4, is this person wrong because he is racist. I have explained quite expansively why I hold my position, and all I have had in return are insults and nonsense apologetics that are completely transparent.
Well no, you are trying to reinterpret what I said and inject bias on my part, you are adding a motive to try and discredit my points. Can't you see that ?

Also motives can be wrong, but the conclusion can be right, this tactic is so childishly naive.

If a racist says 2 + 2 = 4, is this person wrong because he is racist. I have explained quite expansively why I hold my position, and all I have had in return are insults and nonsense apologetics that are completely transparent.

Where have I insulted you, other than calling you a racist?

Multiple people on here have over and over tried to explain to you why your "evidence" is flawed, yet you refuse to accept that.

http://www.tylervigen.com/spurious-correlations

Here, go sue Nicolas Cage for celebrating his movies by drowning people. The evidence is overwhelming, stats don't lie.
definitely racist. no question about it. FULL STOP.

How about “White people?”

They are certainly less genetically diverse than Blacks, but they obviously have genetic variance between say… Scandinavians and Italians or Anglo Saxons and Spaniards… but evidently, those genetic differences are somehow never linked to intelligence ?

How convienent.

Nope you don't wants to theorize on which group of White people are the least intelligent. That is only used for talking about black people. Right ?

Who are the genetically dumber and disadvantaged Whites ? If there is enough genetic difference for white people to have different hair color, eye color and different average height, then why not intelligence ?

The answer is because this is not science, it’s politics and to ask that question does not serve the political goals of racist Whites. You don’t want to face the idea that you might belong to the dumbest group of white people in your little hierarchy, so you theorize that “Whiteness” simply makes all Whites just as capable, and all Blacks equally disadvantaged.
(edited 7 years ago)
Regardless of race your potential to be great is always there. Fair enough, it may be harder for some because of circumstance so it's important to put things into context . But by no means should one person or group of a particular race be representative for the entire race. Everyone is their own person and should be defined by their character within than their outer appearance. Finally, if there's a problem it's best to try solve it than try to justify it.
Original post by inhuman
Where have I insulted you, other than calling you a racist?

Multiple people on here have over and over tried to explain to you why your "evidence" is flawed, yet you refuse to accept that.

http://www.tylervigen.com/spurious-correlations

Here, go sue Nicolas Cage for celebrating his movies by drowning people. The evidence is overwhelming, stats don't lie.

Eh, fine whatever. Shoulda seen that coming. You got nothing so begin talking about Nicolas Cage like that other guy, what exactly does that link have to do with anything. I am on my phone and can't open it.
Original post by Mr...
Why should minorities have to work to prove people wrong?His logic and reasoning is narrow and racist

Yeah, minorities shouldn't have to work !!

That guy is such a racist.
Eh, fine whatever. Shoulda seen that coming. You got nothing so begin talking about Nicolas Cage like that other guy, what exactly does that link have to do with anything. I am on my phone and can't open it.

It is evidence that Nicolas Cage drowns people in pools after every movie he makes.

There are others in there. It also shows that doctors of civil engineering celebrate their graduation by eating mozzarella.
Original post by inhuman
It is evidence that Nicolas Cage drowns people in pools after every movie he makes.

There are others in there. It also shows that doctors of civil engineering celebrate their graduation by eating mozzarella.

So, because civil engineers eat cheese, I'm wrong...

Because you have proof Nicolas Cage murdered someone, this to somehow proves how I am wrong.

OK, fine.
So, because civil engineers eat cheese, I'm wrong...

Because you have proof Nicolas Cage murdered someone, this to somehow proves how I am wrong.

OK, fine.

:facepalm:

It's to show that just because something may look like x in the data, it doesn't mean that x is actually true.

You know what's aggravating about you, you are insincere. At least be genuine, and sincere in your racist views. Don't hold them (and publicly spread them) but pretend otherwise.

Have a nice life.
Original post by inhuman
:facepalm:

It's to show that just because something may look like x in the data, it doesn't mean that x is actually true.

You know what's aggravating about you, you are insincere. At least be genuine, and sincere in your racist views. Don't hold them (and publicly spread them) but pretend otherwise.

Have a nice life.

So now you are boiling your argument down to 'correlation doesn't equal causation' ?

Sometimes it is a very good indication though, this does nothing for anyone's position. It could equally be turned on any of the apologetic arguments we have heard so far.

The stats should be taken in corroboration with all other evidence, the other evidence also does point toward a racial pattern, and not a socioeconomic one, being the catalyst.
Hey guys, just thought I'd come and join the party.
First, the argument about Whites having a larger cranial capacity and/or brain size than Blacks is irrelevant - as any biology student could tell you, it's not the brain size that matters, it's the number of neural pathways within the brain.
Also, something from my own experience - a Black girl in my senior school is the smartest girl in the whole school. She has a diploma in violin and is predicted to get >10 A* GCSEs.
And one of my best friends from junior school, a girl from Ghana, played the best game of chess I've ever seen, trouncing me, older children and our chess teacher every single time. She was basically a mastermind - and she had serious skill at science.
I've known three Black kids who could join Mensa, and for all I know, probably already have. One enjoys degree-level chemistry and wants to go to Harrow.
Lastly, again in Junior school, a Black boy won the prize for mathematics and was in Maths Enrichment (a gifted and talented group that I was also in).
Given that Blacks are a tiny minority at our school compared to Whites, South and East Asians, they represent a disproportionate percentage of our gifted students. Just thought I'd put that out there.
So now you are boiling your argument down to 'correlation doesn't equal causation' ?

Sometimes it is a very good indication though, this does nothing for anyone's position. It could equally be turned on any of the apologetic arguments we have heard so far.

The stats should be taken in corroboration with all other evidence, the other evidence also does point toward a racial pattern, and not a socioeconomic one, being the catalyst.

Says who?

Pretty much any study I have ever read on this says otherwise.

Or how else do you explain that within subgroups of the same race, i.e. poor white people have lower IQs than rich white people? Oh right, for you it's they are poor because they are stupid.

This is incredible. I will mute you, else I'd just get a warning for replying how I really think of your "arguments".
Original post by HucktheForde
What about an irish accent?

Posted from TSR Mobile

There is a difference between a accent and speaking incorrectly
Original post by inhuman
Says who?

Pretty much any study I have ever read on this says otherwise.

Or how else do you explain that within subgroups of the same race, i.e. poor white people have lower IQs than rich white people? Oh right, for you it's they are poor because they are stupid.

This is incredible. I will mute you, else I'd just get a warning for replying how I really think of your "arguments".

Socioeconomic status can be a factor, but this is predicated on IQ relative to other groups to first establish a hierarchy.

Even then it has been within the power of other demographics to attain an average or above average IQ in a fraction of the time that blacks have had, despite starting from a similair level, and still they have not caught up. Irish, Chinese etc.

Add to this that this racial Iq pattern is not localised, its a global phenomenon. It seems obvious that it's racial.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending