The Student Room Group

WJEC GCSE History Unit 1- The American West

Hi. There is no group that I have found, so I thought that I should create one so people can discuss what they think or revise things through it.
Original post by Tom1699
Hi. There is no group that I have found, so I thought that I should create one so people can discuss what they think or revise things through it.

Hi! I moved this to the History forum for you - you're more likely to get a good discussion here :h:
Reply 2
Original post by Fox Corner
Hi! I moved this to the History forum for you - you're more likely to get a good discussion here :h:

Thank you. Not likely, I think it is only my school which chooses this topic.
Reply 3
HI! I'm doing WJEC history and I am doing USA, Russia and Germany in Transition. Having a little bit of a panic attack about the order of the exams - its USA tomorrow, right?
Original post by hespa001
HI! I'm doing WJEC history and I am doing USA, Russia and Germany in Transition. Having a little bit of a panic attack about the order of the exams - its USA tomorrow, right?

Hi I am as well but no it is the Germany paper tomorrow
Original post by shaninerox
Hi I am as well but no it is the Germany paper tomorrow

Original post by hespa001

Is the history exam you have tomorrow source based? If so, do you know how to/or where I can find how to answer the 'why was this source produced at this time' and 'how far do you agree with this interpretation' questions please?
Original post by nettogrof
Is the history exam you have tomorrow source based? If so, do you know how to/or where I can find how to answer the 'why was this source produced at this time' and 'how far do you agree with this interpretation' questions please?

Yeah it is source-based. For the 'Why was this source produced in (certain year)?' [6 marks] we learnt the structure :

C-content (what is in the source? What does it say?)
C-context (in the year they have given you what was happening? how does it relate to the source)
O- origin (who created the source?where was it created?)
P- purpose (why was it created? inform/persuade/entertain/boost morale)
R-reliability (depending on who created it, is it trustworthy?)
A- audience (who was it aimed towards? women/unemployed/youth)

For the 'how far do you agree with this interpretation?[10 marks]':

1. Look at the interpretation they have given you then label each of the 3 evidences to whether the support or go against the interpretation they have given
2. For the answer write 3 paragraphs (first the evidence/s which support, then the evidence/s the go against)
3. Each paragraph should include:
C- content
C- context
O- origin
P- purpose
R- reliablity
I- interpretation (is it objective/subjective?)

I hope this helps :h:x
Reply 8

This is for the American West paper, but the same rules should apply for each source exam for the interpretation.
Our teacher, which is an examiner, has said to get 5/10, say what each of the interpretations mean.
For 8/10, you do that and explain why each of the 3 differ with their provenance and purpose.
For around 10/10 you do them both and write a little conclusion to answer the question.

Quick Reply

Latest