The Student Room Group

Is this racist?banker claims black people are just not clever

Scroll to see replies

This whole thread is racist. I appreciate some people are trying to defend blacks and their intelligence, but there are too many racists on the thread for it to be a productive and logical discussion.

If you are discussing black people and intelligence, many factors have to be taken into account. For a start, during times of slavery, the blacks were not allowed to be educated as the slave masters felt as though this would give blacks 'ideas' of trying to escape from slavery (people still had these ideas anyway because naturally there would've been smart members of the group coming up with innovative ideas i.e Harriet Tubman). These mentalities still exist today.

It's a very complex topic and people always do not understand these complexities (due to ignorance) and start to say stupid irrelevant things such as 'whites have a higher IQ than blacks' which makes one sounds like a Nazi. Do black people even take IQ tests seriously, do you think they have time to think about IQ tests when they're struggling to find jobs due to institutionalised racism, do you think they care about IQ tests when they are too busy getting stopped (and maybe killed) by the police?

Let's talk about what matters please!
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by femalephilospher
This whole thread is racist. I appreciate some people are trying to defend blacks and their intelligence, but there are too many racists on the thread for it to be a productive and logical discussion.

If you are discussing black people and intelligence, many factors have to be taken into account. For a start, during times of slavery, the blacks were not allowed to be educated as the slave masters felt as though this would give blacks 'ideas' of trying to escape from slavery (people still had these ideas anyway because naturally there would've been smart members of the group coming up with innovative ideas i.e Harriet Tubman). These mentalities still exist today.

It's a very complex topic and people always do not understand these complexities (due to ignorance) and start to say stupid irrelevant things such as 'whites have a higher IQ than blacks' which makes one sounds like a Nazi. Do black people even take IQ tests seriously, do you think they have time to think about IQ tests when they're struggling to find jobs due to institutionalised racism, do you think they care about IQ tests when they are too busy getting stopped (and maybe killed) by the police?

Let's talk about what matters please!

Meanwhile, black people stereotypes everyone for having a smaller penis and physique.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HucktheForde
Meanwhile, black people stereotypes everyone for having a smaller penis and physique.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Black don't do this. Black people have no such power to even create stereotypes - the media does this. You only ever hear white people talk about how black men have big penises or asian men have small ones. Don't blame the blacks for creating stereotypes, when no one even listens to blacks.

And it's not even a stereotype that white men have small penises or small physique. Not sure where you heard that.
Original post by Jebedee
It has nothing to do with who I am. I just follow the evidence to a conclusion without trying to impose my personal feelings onto the matter. I don't think its a particularly nice or popular truth but a truth nonetheless.

Sure, sure :smile:
Original post by pelaitsc45
You don't have to be clever to adapt to things well. Clearly these people are stupid compared to other countries. What did Africa amount to without white help? Or the aborigines. It seems to me that you are confusing intelligence with instinct and innate ability.

What do you count as "White help"?
Original post by inhuman
But it's not a truth.

You don't follow any evidence.

Your conclusion is wrong.

Many people have pointed numerous flaws in your line of argumentation, and yet you still say "muh facts".

Be ashamed of yourself, you closet racist.

And I have out-debated every single one of them. My standpoint is the default position, ergo the burden of proof is on others.
Original post by HanSoloLuck
Socioeconomic status can be a factor, but this is predicated on IQ relative to other groups to first establish a hierarchy.

Even then it has been within the power of other demographics to attain an average or above average IQ in a fraction of the time that blacks have had, despite starting from a similair level, and still they have not caught up. Irish, Chinese etc.

Add to this that this racial Iq pattern is not localised, its a global phenomenon. It seems obvious that it's racial.

No-one is arguing that there are no IQ difference between races

The question is how you interpret them because if you say "Well look black people have a low IQ than other races, they are not intelligent - Look at facts. I'm all about the facts. I'm Mr facts. I'm Lord Facts - Now try and prove me wrong"

So what exactly are you saying ? Are you saying black people are separate unique race ?

Well DNA studies do not indicate that separate classifiable subspecies (races) exist within modern humans. While different genes for physical traits such as skin and hair colour can be identified between individuals, no consistent patterns of genes across the human genome exist to distinguish one race from another.

That's why blood transfusions and bone marrow transplants work. This is why Asians can give blood to African descended people and so on. This is why a “black persons blood can save an Irishman’s life with a transfusion.and do so on a daily basis.. Some blood types have an affinity for certain groups of people…but the genes are the same.

There also is no genetic basis for divisions of human ethnicity. People who have lived in the same geographic region for many generations may have some alleles in common, but no allele will be found in all members of one population and in no members of any other.

Many "scientists" have tried to come up with taxonomies that adequately describe human genetic variability and all have failed. This is because in any human group which is sufficiently large to be declared a subspecies (or race), genetic diversity within the group is going to be greater than genetic diversity between the group and another group. So you maybe genetically more similar to a black masai in Kenya, than your white next door neighbour.

If I can classify 100,000 humans as a race and then discover that the genetic diversity between any two of them is as great or greater than the diversity between any one of them and any other random human on the planet, then NO, we don’t have a biological subspecies, no matter what those people look like.

Furthermore, every advance in biology over the last 100 years has moved us farther away from some unified theory of human biological diversity, such as race. Certain scientists might still hold out hope that we’ll find a relatively small set of underlying genetic patterns someday, but that looks increasingly unlikely.

What we know for sure is that even if these patterns eventually DO show up, they won’t be concurrent with “black”, “white”, “asian”, or anything you consider to be race. And all the smart-ass rhetoric in the world isn’t going to change that one simple fact.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by HanSoloLuck
So, this is what playing tennis without the net feels like, 'the likes of me' should know better than to argue with special folk like yourself.

Instead of pointing to problems in the reasoning for my position, you make hyperboles and try to change the topic, that's when you aren't telling me what I think then generalizing me on for it...ffs this is just gold.

You wont read this until tomorrow when you log on, but you should know that when you do, I'm probably still laughing.

Everything I posted is perfectly in line with the topic, as it addresses what you and others have posted. You simply lack the guts to outright admit what you are. Overt racists are even more worthy of respect than you are :smile:
Original post by BodhiUtah
So I was tweeted this on Twitter and had a read and don't know what to think to be honest? I agree with a lot of it but it seems well out of order. Here's an extract of the funnish bit but check it out: http://www.citysharks.co.uk/2016/05/31/investment-banker-on-black-people-in-banking/

Would you personally hire a black person?Possible, if they could do the job, but as soon as I hear any ghetto like language their gone. That’s why education is paramount as it irons out the poor character traits and polishes a person for a potential career in investment banking.I understand totally but most black people come from deprived backgrounds?I don’t buy into that crap you can make it wherever you’re from. If you want to kill your brain cells by listing to Beyonce and Jay Z and walk around with a knife then your damaging your own chances in life. Plenty of black people life like civilized human being’s, it’s just that black people choose to live less so. Just walk around London and your see it’s mainly always the black people that need to be avoided. Just look at the prisons, black males are just a criminal and lazy men on average.

Definitely a generalisation, imo its racist
Original post by Jebedee
And I have out-debated every single one of them. My standpoint is the default position, ergo the burden of proof is on others.

No you haven't.

No your standpoint is not the default position.
Original post by inhuman
No you haven't.

No your standpoint is not the default position.

So you don't believe in evolution then?
Original post by StrangeBanana
Slightly misleading statistic, considering native-born African-Americans are the second-least (after Hispanics) educated group. Even more so, considering there are far more native-born blacks than immigrants.

At the end of the day, we either recognise that educational attainment mostly comes from socio-economic status rather than intelligence, or we ignore it. You can't have your cake and eat it.

Not misleading at all, as I clearly stated "African immigrants" as opposed to Blacks in general. My point is that if Blacks are naturally stupid, those Africans would not have been able to achieve everything they have, despite being from more privileged backgrounds than African Americans. Their lack of intelligence would not have allowed it.
Original post by ServantOfMorgoth
Are you white?

no, im Asian so apparently im intellectually superior to everyone now.
Original post by Jebedee
I will interpret your lack of response as a concession.

what lack of reply? Go back.
Original post by Jebedee
So you don't believe in evolution then?

That has got absolutely nothing to do with your flawed logic.
Original post by george-90
It is East Asians, not all Asians. The average for East Asians is 106, Whites is 100, Blacks is 85 (in USA).

The difference in cranial capacity between whites and east Asians is 1 cubic inch - not significant. The difference in cranial capacity between whites and blacks is 5 cubic inches.

https://www.udel.edu/educ/gottfredson/30years/Rushton-Jensen30years.pdf

Totally inconclusive.

You cant actually compare intelligence amongst races unless you control for all factors that could impact intelligence, in other words, the person's entire upbringing, which is obviously impossible to do in real life.

And even when you try to adjust for it, e.g. comparing middle class black kids to middle class asian kids etc, results are still inconclusive and you typically dont get enough data points to conclusively say race causes differences in intelligence.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by lolatmaths
what lack of reply? Go back.

Wrong, I responded in page 10 and you had nothing to say back to me. Concession.

Original post by inhuman
That has got absolutely nothing to do with your flawed logic.

Sure it does. If you genuinely believe that genetics/race have absolutely no bearing in differences then how do you explain sickle cells, epicanthic fold, lactose intolerance in native Americans...etc? The onus is on you to prove why intellectual capability is an inexplicable exception to the rule.
Original post by Jebedee
Wrong, I responded in page 10 and you had nothing to say back to me. Concession.

Nope, you'll find i did. And i love how you're continuing this discussion using evidence from disreputable sources and when numerous times. people have pointed out flaws in your logic. But no one has time for that, you can keep holding your wrong, bigoted views.
Original post by Jebedee

Sure it does. If you genuinely believe that genetics/race have absolutely no bearing in differences then how do you explain sickle cells, epicanthic fold, lactose intolerance in native Americans...etc? The onus is on you to prove why intellectual capability is an inexplicable exception to the rule.

What onus? "Intelligence" is not even properly defined in this thread other then "muh IQ".

You trying to compare biological facts with how certain people score on a man-made "test" shows that maybe you are the one that lacks what is discussed here.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by lolatmaths
Nope, you'll find i did. And i love how you're continuing this discussion using evidence from disreputable sources and when numerous times. people have pointed out flaws in your logic. But no one has time for that, you can keep holding your wrong, bigoted views.

Quote it then.

Original post by inhuman
What onus? "Intelligence" is not even properly defined in this thread other then "muh IQ".

You trying to compare biological facts with how certain people score on a man-made "test" shows that maybe you are the one that lacks what is discussed here.

Go on then, give me a benchmark which you would consider to be fair. As not only IQ but median income shows exactly the same trends I think you're going to have to do better than to conclude that is simply a coincidence.

Quick Reply

Latest