The Student Room Group

Is this racist?banker claims black people are just not clever

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Serine Soul
I listen to Beyonce and Jay Z and my brain cells aren't that dead :sad:

Investment bankers have a special brain cell probe which even top doctors don't have access to and can detect that some have died even when you, the owner of the brain cells, didn't realise.

Also investment bankers are able to hear Radio 3 through their dental implants.
Original post by Jebedee
Quote it then.

Go on then, give me a benchmark which you would consider to be fair. As not only IQ but median income shows exactly the same trends I think you're going to have to do better than to conclude that is simply a coincidence.

No.

You are proposing: "look here is a link this is why".

You have absolutely no story other than some observed correlations. You are the one who has to prove something here, not we.
Original post by Jebedee
Quote it then.

Go on then, give me a benchmark which you would consider to be fair. As not only IQ but median income shows exactly the same trends I think you're going to have to do better than to conclude that is simply a coincidence.

Seriously mate, find it yourself.

Really? You're repeating arguments to another person that people have already disputed and shown how wrong you are?
Original post by inhuman
x

Mate save yourself and ignore him, he's using arguments that people on this thread have already countered. He's a bigot and a moron, let him think he's superior but i bet he's to stupid to see the irony of it all.
Original post by lolatmaths
Mate save yourself and ignore him, he's using arguments that people on this thread have already countered. He's a bigot and a moron, let him think he's superior but i bet he's to stupid to see the irony of it all.

Yea, I am realizing that too now.
Original post by inhuman
No.

You are proposing: "look here is a link this is why".

You have absolutely no story other than some observed correlations. You are the one who has to prove something here, not we.

Every species of animal geographically separated over a significant period of time develops differences due to natural selection and other factors. YOU have to prove why intelligence is the exception to that rule.

Original post by lolatmaths
Seriously mate, find it yourself.

Really? You're repeating arguments to another person that people have already disputed and shown how wrong you are?

I was the last person to respond in that discussion. You're just lying now and making a fool of yourself.

No, you reject all proposed benchmarks thus far because it conflicts with your view. So why don't you give an example of an acceptable benchmark in your eyes? No, the last person I asked also ducked the question. I wish I didn't have to repeat myself but I guess people are incapable of reading.
Original post by Jebedee
Wrong, I responded in page 10 and you had nothing to say back to me. Concession.

Sure it does. If you genuinely believe that genetics/race have absolutely no bearing in differences then how do you explain sickle cells, epicanthic fold, lactose intolerance in native Americans...etc? The onus is on you to prove why intellectual capability is an inexplicable exception to the rule.

Clearly you don't know how the burden of proof works. You and other racists made a claim (ie Black people are less intelligent than other races), hence the burden is on you to prove that this is the case, not those denying your claim. So far you have not.
Original post by Mr...
Why should minorities have to work to prove people wrong?His logic and reasoning is narrow and racist

I don't but I don't cry around about racist this and racist that. I certainly don't expect my adopted countries to bend over for me :smile:
Original post by Nidhoggr
Totally inconclusive.

You cant actually compare intelligence amongst races unless you control for all factors that could impact intelligence, in other words, the person's entire upbringing, which is obviously impossible to do in real life.

And even when you try to adjust for it, e.g. comparing middle class black kids to middle class asian kids etc, results are still inconclusive and you typically dont get enough data points to conclusively say race causes differences in intelligence.

Yes yes, I know and I agree, and I never said or thought otherwise. Go back and read my posts. How did you manage to conclude that I was saying something contrary to your utterly irrelevant comment? All I did was supply the statistical data. It's like your looking for someone to disagree with.
Original post by TrueDetective01
Shouldn't this serve as motivation for blacks to prove this banker otherwise? As usual, people on here are getting emotional for no reason

why should we have to rpove ourselves to any white person lol bye
Original post by WBZ144
Clearly you don't know how the burden of proof works. You and other racists made a claim (ie Black people are less intelligent than other races), hence the burden is on you to prove that this is the case, not those denying your claim. So far you have not.

You've already been dusted mate. But I'll entertain you this time for fun.

My claim is that all races on average have advantages and disadvantages due to separated evolution. The benchmarks of intelligence discussed have reflected this and in the same order.

Your claim is that despite it being true that separately evolved animals have differences; intelligence is the ONLY exception to the rule.

My claim is in line with the theory of evolution, while yours flies in the face of it. Hence the onus is on you.
Original post by Jebedee
Sure it does. If you genuinely believe that genetics/race have absolutely no bearing in differences then how do you explain sickle cells, epicanthic fold, lactose intolerance in native Americans...etc?
Well that would never have probably been effectively triggered had it not been for the introduction of certain foods into the indigenous diet which they had not ingested before the period of colonialism and conquest. So there’s always an interaction, that’s true for most any trait.

There is no reason to believe that those tendencies cluster on the basis of “race” for the simple reason that the racial designations that we currently use are principally based on three characteristics.

1) Facial structure
2) Skin colour
3) Hair texture.

Those are things that are controlled by six genes out of thirty thousand genes in the human genome and those genes have never been shown by any geneticist on the planet, any biologist on the planet, to be connected, or what geneticists call “concordant,” with any other trait known as intelligence or known as temperament or behavior or ethics or morality or any of those kinds of things.

So - YES - even though individuals absolutely have certain genetic predispositions towards everything from certain diseases to the ability to sing, to play music, to jump high, to run fast, there’s no reason to believe that those things would cluster on the basis of this thing that we now call race.

It’s the reason why you’ll find African Americans dominating in the NBA but you won’t find many West Africans, who are certainly “blacker” and according to the racist theorist, athleticism and blackness somehow run together, you would expect West Africans to dominate the NBA and African teams to dominate international basketball competitions. They don’t - because these things are not concordant on the basis of race.

Original post by Jebedee
The onus is on you to prove why intellectual capability is an inexplicable exception to the rule.
The onus is one you to prove because if you’re saying black IQ is lower, in general, because blacks are “naturally” less intelligent. THAT sort of exceptionally radical statement needs exceptionally radical proof to back it up proof which you simply don’t have. If you assume “race” as a biological subspecies you would have to assume a taxonomic hierarchy within the human species.

Even Darwin already extrapolated that such hierarchy is incompatible with evolution theory.

The only living subspecies of the species Homo sapiens is Homo sapiens sapiens. That is current scientific knowledge. And it is very likely to remain the only one, unless Sasquatch or the Yeti decide to walk into a science lab for a DNA test one day.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Jebedee
Every species of animal geographically separated over a significant period of time develops differences due to natural selection and other factors. YOU have to prove why intelligence is the exception to that rule.

I was the last person to respond in that discussion. You're just lying now and making a fool of yourself.

No, you reject all proposed benchmarks thus far because it conflicts with your view. So why don't you give an example of an acceptable benchmark in your eyes? No, the last person I asked also ducked the question. I wish I didn't have to repeat myself but I guess people are incapable of reading.

Thats not how burden of proof works. Besides, people have proved it wrong on this thread already, so dont act like no one has.

Seriously? moron.

I reject the benchmarks because there was a good reason to do so, something you initially admitted before bringing up again. People have continuously shown that but you choose to play dumb and maintain your silly fallacy that you're intellectually superior.

As i said, you can keep believing you're right but realise that in reality that's objectively false. Sums up all the racists really.
Original post by inhuman
Yea, I am realizing that too now.

funny thing about that idiot is that he picks and chooses what he replies to and acts stupid when really he's coming across as a bigot who cant accept it.

he's so simple minded but that's how racists are and we shouldnt waste time on them.
Original post by Appazap
why should we have to rpove ourselves to any white person lol bye

Where did I say that? I don't prove myself to anybody. Stop getting emotional
Original post by Jebedee
You've already been dusted mate. But I'll entertain you this time for fun.

My claim is that all races on average have advantages and disadvantages due to separated evolution. The benchmarks of intelligence discussed have reflected this and in the same order.

Your claim is that despite it being true that separately evolved animals have differences; intelligence is the ONLY exception to the rule.

My claim is in line with the theory of evolution, while yours flies in the face of it. Hence the onus is on you.

So this is your "evidence" that Blacks are less intelligent? Well, it's not that I expected you to come out with anything supported by a reliable scientific source anyway.

Every race has "advantages and disadvantages"? I can see where this is going: Blacks are "funny" and have physical strength, hence our purpose is to serve and entertain you superior Whites, while you use your superior intellectual abilities to handle the important things :lol:
Original post by Jebedee
Every species of animal geographically separated over a significant period of time develops differences due to natural selection and other factors. YOU have to prove why intelligence is the exception to that rule

Not at all. There is no "rule". Sickle cells are somewhat beneficial against malaria for example. When humanity moved north that was no longer needed so a change happened. One. For a specific thing. What does this have to do with intelligence? Are you somehow suggesting that in order to survive in Europe (with its better climate) humans had to become more "intelligent"? Lol'd.

There are a finite number of differences. In fact, as another poster pointed out, many scientists have tried and failed to classify "race". There are simply not enough genetic differences to do so.

So it is up to you to prove that "intelligence" is one of these differences.
Original post by george-90
Yes yes, I know and I agree, and I never said or thought otherwise. Go back and read my posts. How did you manage to conclude that I was saying something contrary to your utterly irrelevant comment? All I did was supply the statistical data. It's like your looking for someone to disagree with.

Of course I am looking for someone to disagree with.

How long have you been using the internet mate? That's what online discussion forums are about. How do you not know this? :lol:
Original post by Nidhoggr
Of course I am looking for someone to disagree with.

How long have you been using the internet mate? That's what online discussion forums are about. How do you not know this? :lol:

There are plenty of people with contrary opinions who you could be arguing with. That way to don't have to argue with an imaginary opinion that you have assigned to someone.
Original post by WBZ144
x

Original post by inhuman
x

Lol guys just leave it, education has failed him there's nothing we can do about it.

Ultimately, even if there are variations in intelligence (which there isnt) its never going to be so significant to the point where one group of people are significantly better at something when given the same level of education so this argument is completely pointless, given what he has said is true (which is completely false). Ultimately the smartest blacks, smartest whites and smartest asians are going to be somewhat equal when given this job, with similar levels of education and competence.

So forget him, you have succumbed to the racist idiots that you'll find lurking on the internet with no life.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending