The Student Room Group

Using the specification to revise?

Is anybody else doing this?

I've always just copied notes from Bitesize, but I've found that some things aren't on there. So to be safe, I'm basically just learning off-by-heart everything in the AQA specification for my sciences.

Is that safe to do, because they can't ask you anything not on the specification, right?

Scroll to see replies

They don't really go into much detail, but I did the same for GCSE sciences :cute:
Reply 2
Dont learn the specification of by heart. Use it as a checklist. You generally require a lot more detail. You can still use bitesize but only learn the stuff listed by the specification
Original post by CaptErin
Is anybody else doing this?

I've always just copied notes from Bitesize, but I've found that some things aren't on there. So to be safe, I'm basically just learning off-by-heart everything in the AQA specification for my sciences.

Is that safe to do, because they can't ask you anything not on the specification, right?

The bio GCSE this year though, "What's an Independant company?"
Original post by poundsoffat
The bio GCSE this year though, "What's an Independant company?"

LOL your still on about that ? You do realise it's been on a past paper but it's been worded differently :biggrin: Oh well, the past is past :smile:
Original post by nisha.sri
LOL your still on about that ? You do realise it's been on a past paper but it's been worded differently :biggrin: Oh well, the past is past :smile:

haha xD well there's goes the GCSE and anyone's prospects for medicine xD
Original post by poundsoffat
haha xD well there's goes the GCSE and anyone's prospects for medicine xD

:biggrin: Only one marker though :biggrin: As long as you've done well on your other questions - it's fine :biggrin:
I did that for my core science last year and got an A. I want to do better this year so I am using a revision guide, BBC Bitesize, GCSE pod and the specification to revise.

That was the easiest question in the paper! You should be complaining about the application questions people NOT the EASY independent company one! It was common sense, come on...

And Nisha which past paper was it? :smile:
i would just go over and do past papers and if you don't improve your score do itt again until you do. that got me an A* in my chemistry for the mocks
Original post by Kryptonian
That was the easiest question in the paper! You should be complaining about the application questions people NOT the EASY independent company one! It was common sense, come on...

And Nisha which past paper was it? :smile:

True true
I don't remember but it was worded completely differently but the answer ( i think ) is the same :smile:
I really like that B1 paper though did you ?
True true
I don't remember but it was worded completely differently but the answer ( i think ) is the same :smile:
I really like that B1 paper though did you ?

No i didn't, lol but not because of the independent company question that's for sure. :wink:

I have the B2 spec printed out and I was actually learning it of by heart. I learnt 2 pages so far, exactly how they've worded it, haha.
No i didn't, lol but not because of the independent company question that's for sure. :wink:

I have the B2 spec printed out and I was actually learning it of by heart. I learnt 2 pages so far, exactly how they've worded it, haha.

That's great ! Do you think the spec is worth memorising ?!
Reply 13
I did that for AQA Triple Science GCSEs and only got 1 B which was in C3
overall I got AA*A in core, add and fadd soooo i'd say that works well :lol:
That's great ! Do you think the spec is worth memorising ?!

I was advised to do that a few months ago but people are advising against it on this thread it seems.

I think it's a good idea to refer to it whilst revising so learn the content and refer to it whilst revising and if you didn't know it then just learn that point maybe? So cover it in enough depth
(edited 7 years ago)
I was advised to do that a few months ago but people are advising against it on this thread it seems.

I think it's a good idea to refer to it whilst revising so learn the content and refer to it whilst revising and if you didn't know it then just learn that point maybe?

Yeh :smile: I would use the spec and my textbook
Yeh :smile: I would use the spec and my textbook

Mygcsesciience??
Mygcsesciience??

Nope the AQA one :biggrin:
Nope the AQA one :biggrin:

Why not use myGCSEscience?
Why not use myGCSEscience?

Isn't that the guy with the videos ? I do use him but only when i find things confusing :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest