The Student Room Group

Is this racist?banker claims black people are just not clever

Scroll to see replies

Original post by PrincePaul678686
x

Here's the issue, we have IQ, mean income and criminality rates (lowest first) showing exactly the same order.

Asian>White>Hispanic>Black

It is a massive stretch to the imagination to brush this off as a coincidence.

Original post by lolatmaths
Thats not how burden of proof works. Besides, people have proved it wrong on this thread already, so dont act like no one has.

Seriously? moron.

I reject the benchmarks because there was a good reason to do so, something you initially admitted before bringing up again. People have continuously shown that but you choose to play dumb and maintain your silly fallacy that you're intellectually superior.

As i said, you can keep believing you're right but realise that in reality that's objectively false. Sums up all the racists really.

The only way this would not put the burden of proof on you is if you reject the theory of evolution outright, which would make you wrong by default. By accepting the theory of evolution you are accepting the burden of proof when you go against it.

Keep repeating the word racist. Every time one of you sheep bleats it, it gets diluted.

funny thing about that idiot is that he picks and chooses what he replies to and acts stupid when really he's coming across as a bigot who cant accept it.

he's so simple minded but that's how racists are and we shouldnt waste time on them.

Page 10 I responded to you. You did not respond to that post, you can deny it if you want but anyone can see for themselves.

Baaa Baaa

Original post by inhuman
Not at all. There is no "rule". Sickle cells are somewhat beneficial against malaria for example. When humanity moved north that was no longer needed so a change happened. One. For a specific thing. What does this have to do with intelligence? Are you somehow suggesting that in order to survive in Europe (with its better climate) humans had to become more "intelligent"? Lol'd.

There are a finite number of differences. In fact, as another poster pointed out, many scientists have tried and failed to classify "race". There are simply not enough genetic differences to do so.

So it is up to you to prove that "intelligence" is one of these differences.

The theory of evolution says that species change over time. Did you ever wonder how new species evolve? Natural selection seems to explain how variations can lead to changes in a species. Geographic isolation seems to be one of the main ways this happens. This geographic separation from others of their species seems to be what made different species evolve on the Galapagos Islands. The six-hundred-mile separation of the islands from the mainland may have led to those animals evolving into new species. After many changes evolve in a group of animals, individuals of that group can no longer mate with the rest of the species that remain unchanged. That is the definition of species: individuals that are able to breed among themselves but are not able to breed with other species. http://edhelper.com/ReadingComprehension_54_29.html

The social construct of race is simply a product of sufficient time of isolation to bring about minor differences, but insufficient time isolation to prevent interbreeding.
Original post by Jebedee
x

Everything you have said i disputed in an earlier post. And no, bring some hard evidence to the table or get lost, because theory of evolution doesnt state "whites are superior". You're trying to bring it all in circles moron, baa baa.

Seriously mate, literally EVERYTHING you have said has been disputed against. Its so easy for you to reply because your view is bigoted and simple minded when the issue is more complex than "Theory of evolution".

You havent brought any solid reputable study to here and the burden is on you to do so. Its like saying that i believe god doesnt exist and you saying prove it. If what you're saying is true why cant you give any evidence? Because this is your irrational racism talking.

There are 2 genotypes linked to intelligence. None of which attributes to race. There, done. Ended your silly argument. Now stop with this ******** and get a life.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Jebedee

The theory of evolution says that species change over time. Did you ever wonder how new species evolve? Natural selection seems to explain how variations can lead to changes in a species. Geographic isolation seems to be one of the main ways this happens. This geographic separation from others of their species seems to be what made different species evolve on the Galapagos Islands. The six-hundred-mile separation of the islands from the mainland may have led to those animals evolving into new species. After many changes evolve in a group of animals, individuals of that group can no longer mate with the rest of the species that remain unchanged. That is the definition of species: individuals that are able to breed among themselves but are not able to breed with other species. http://edhelper.com/ReadingComprehension_54_29.html

The social construct of race is simply a product of sufficient time of isolation to bring about minor differences, but insufficient time isolation to prevent interbreeding.

Nothing you have written here has any relation to the discussion at hand.

Try again.
Lol guys just leave it, education has failed him there's nothing we can do about it.

Ultimately, even if there are variations in intelligence (which there isnt) its never going to be so significant to the point where one group of people are significantly better at something when given the same level of education so this argument is completely pointless, given what he has said is true (which is completely false). Ultimately the smartest blacks, smartest whites and smartest asians are going to be somewhat equal when given this job, with similar levels of education and competence.

So forget him, you have succumbed to the racist idiots that you'll find lurking on the internet with no life.

PRSOM.

There are 2 genotypes linked to intelligence. None of which attributes to race. There, done. Ended your silly argument. Now stop with this ******** and get a life.

That is based on your rejection of IQ as a valid benchmark. A rejection which I do not accept. I recommend you go read race differences in intelligence by Richard Lynn. You'll find some extensive statistics to correct your knowledge. IQ is the best predictor of academia and job performance.

If you are so certain you want to reject it then I challenge you to find a highly developed society boasting a low average IQ of its residents. As this thread heavily discussed employers judging potential applicants, I'd say that would be a pretty damn good thing to look at. PC science is not science.
Original post by inhuman
Nothing you have written here has any relation to the discussion at hand.

Try again.

If you can't see the relevance then engaging you further is clearly a waste of time.
Original post by WBZ144

My spelling and grammar is also heaps better than your's.

Fixed :smile:
I'm one of those people who thinks it's perfectly plausible that the races have different intellect, but i think by some miracle we don't. IQ tests are notoriously unreliable when pretty much any external influence is brought into the mix. I see no difference between the blacks and whites I know when they have similar backgrounds. And everybody just seems so slow to me anyway.

This article is weird though. The guy really seems to be railing against a culture not a skin colour.
Original post by Jebedee
If you can't see the relevance then engaging you further is clearly a waste of time.

You quoted a lot of random thoughts about evolution.

None of that has anything to do with intelligence.

You want it to, you probably even think it does in your biased head, but it doesn't.
Original post by WBZ144
What do you count as "White help"?

I know you're trying to pull the 'it wasn't help, it was slavery' card and yes, white people did commit some atrocities, but this doesn't cover up the fact that they did help, by building infrastructure, providing jobs and education, whether it be due to self interest or not. And then what happened after the empire's left? It turned into chaos again.
I think that banker is a bit of a numbskull... and the person who typed it up with all of the errors...
Original post by pelaitsc45
I know you're trying to pull the 'it wasn't help, it was slavery' card and yes, white people did commit some atrocities, but this doesn't cover up the fact that they did help, by building infrastructure, providing jobs and education, whether it be due to self interest or not. And then what happened after the empire's left? It turned into chaos again.

How much were the colonised and enslaved people allowed to benefit from the infrastructure? And what jobs and education were provided for them? Please post evidence.
Original post by GwynLordOfCinder

The awkward moment when you say you've fixed someone's mistake, but you're wrong as well.

Its "yours", not "your's"
Original post by GwynLordOfCinder

The "fix" is incorrect.
I can't even believe that you are all sat here 'debating' this. You should all be ashamed of yourselves. If somebody is qualified and well-educated, they get the job. The end. Race does not come into it. How the OP can sit here and ask 'is this racist' - newsflash! Calling people uneducated and unintelligent PURELY on account of their race is racist, by definition. To sit here debating differences in IQ and cranial capacities and differences in intelligence across races etc. is disgusting and reeks of eugenics. I thought better of people on the Student Room.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Jebedee
That is based on your rejection of IQ as a valid benchmark. A rejection which I do not accept. I recommend you go read race differences in intelligence by Richard Lynn. You'll find some extensive statistics to correct your knowledge. IQ is the best predictor of academia and job performance.

If you are so certain you want to reject it then I challenge you to find a highly developed society boasting a low average IQ of its residents. As this thread heavily discussed employers judging potential applicants, I'd say that would be a pretty damn good thing to look at. PC science is not science.

You think by being politically incorrect you have come across as compelling and ground breaking but it isnt. I see no solid science behind the disreputed "science" in question. None of which takes into account socioeconomic factors at all and a full discussion was done and finished with when i argued with your fellow racist hansololuck.

You have no reputable evidence, they're all "estimates", use discontinuous data as a measure and cherry picks which factors it uses as a measure to simply back up the stereotype you believe.

When all reputable scientists have concluded that intelligence and race has very little connection largely linked to 2 genotypes, i think i'd rather believe this than a 10 year old book that has been largely not accepted. A full explanation of why it isnt scientifically conclusive is on the first page. you clearly have no knowledge of scientific methodology and you have been blinded by the tentative conclusions made by disreputable scientists.

You have no real basis for your argument, apart from the fact that you are prompting me to read books that would obviously be twisted to support an agenda (an i highly doubt you've read it yourself, i can also tell you to go read a book)

When IQ itself is inherently unreliable and can easily be manipulated (why some of the graphs plucked out are "estimates") and conclusions are made from loose assumptions, there is only one conclusion. You are wrong.
Original post by inhuman
Not at all. There is no "rule". Sickle cells are somewhat beneficial against malaria for example. When humanity moved north that was no longer needed so a change happened. One. For a specific thing. What does this have to do with intelligence? Are you somehow suggesting that in order to survive in Europe (with its better climate) humans had to become more "intelligent"? Lol'd.

There are a finite number of differences. In fact, as another poster pointed out, many scientists have tried and failed to classify "race". There are simply not enough genetic differences to do so.

So it is up to you to prove that "intelligence" is one of these differences.

A few points.

You would have to admit though, that it's at least possible that blacks could be more or less intelligent than whites. Not saying they are, but it's conceivable. Take two groups of whites, one group with higher IQs than the other, separate them reproductively, in a few hundred years one group would be, by and large, smarter than the other right? Now, for the sake of argument, you could say that Europe is a more complex environment. More variation, more trees (requiring the need to hunt with the mind rather than running your prey down down as some African tribes do), the ability for agriculture to develop, requiring human intellect, that possibly, an IQ difference could have developed. I don't think one did though.

Next is more interesting. The impossibility of defining race seems to me not to be a problem of biology but of logic and the philosophy of language.

Take the vague set "this heap". It is impossible to define the borderline case whereby if you take X amount of grains away, it ceases to be a heap. SO how can we distinguish between the property of being a heap and not being a heap? By looking at it ofc. Same i think applies to race. You'll never find one number of phenotypes of a certain kind to act as a gateway case between blackness and non blackness. However, black people are not biologically the same as white people, and we need a name for that.

Finally, with regards to possible IQ variation; I agree that it is impossible for one race to inherently be smarter than another by virtue of being in that race.

Suppose I culled all the lower intelligent black people and then bred them. I would expect that group to eventually have an IQ correlate to their race greater than that of other races.

But that is a cluster of genes which CORRELATES with a set of black people. I do not link their blackness to their increased intellect.

Similarly, if it does turn out that races are smarter than another, i put this down to clusters of genes which occur together due to environmental factors (ie, the dumb ones died). And so "whites are smarter than blacks" would be a misnomer, what I would mean by saying that would be "there is a correlation between white biological traits and intellect in a given population".

I hope these distinctions satisfy both sides of this argument, which i havent really paid attention to tbh.
Original post by Jebedee

Hey mate. Interesting stuff.
You know of any reputable and fairly recent psychological/neuroscience studies in support of differences in intelligence between ethnic groups - possibly controlling (or attempting to control) for confounding factors?
Without the evidence, the whole thread is simply educated conjecture. Not many have time or the resources to grab the book.
The real cringe here is the 'banker' thinking you need to be exceptionally smart to get into banking....LOL.
Original post by WBZ144
Not misleading at all, as I clearly stated "African immigrants" as opposed to Blacks in general. My point is that if Blacks are naturally stupid, those Africans would not have been able to achieve everything they have, despite being from more privileged backgrounds than African Americans. Their lack of intelligence would not have allowed it.

The guy's point was that blacks are on average less intelligent, not that they're all stupid. So yes, statistics about the educational attainment of a small subset of the black population are misleading (or just irrelevant, if you prefer).
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending