The Student Room Group

How much do you pay for your Iphone 6? (contract) - Just curious

Hi
I am due an upgrade and have been quoted by Carphone Warehouse which is as follows;

Iphone 6 - 64gb - 2gb data - unlimited texts - unlimited mins - £38.75 - no up front cost

Just wondered what others pay at the moment.

Thanks,
Cully123

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cully123
Hi
I am due an upgrade and have been quoted by Carphone Warehouse which is as follows;

Iphone 6 - 64gb - 2gb data - unlimited texts - unlimited mins - £38.75 - no up front cost

Thanks,
Cully123

i pay for my iphone 6plus well my mum she pays £52 for unlimited everything so yeah :/
Reply 2
Original post by K.H.A.N™
i pay for my iphone 6plus well my mum she pays £52 for unlimited everything so yeah :/

damn, is it a 2 year contract?
Original post by saeed9741
damn, is it a 2 year contract?

2 years yeah
I think you also need to take into account the coverage in your area, as it occasionally varies depending on provider.

Personally I wouldn't say that 2gb Data is enough - at least for my usage anyway.
On my LG G4, I tend to use the majority (if not all) of my 4GB Monthly data.
Reply 5

wow! - fair enough if you can afford it!.

Did you get it when it first came out? also was there any upfront cost?
Reply 6
Original post by fr0sr_
I think you also need to take into account the coverage in your area, as it occasionally varies depending on provider.

Personally I wouldn't say that 2gb Data is enough - at least for my usage anyway.
On my LG G4, I tend to use the majority (if not all) of my 4GB Monthly data.

That's interesting - I am usually connected to WiFi a lot therefore don't use as much data and i also turn mobile data off when i am out (and turn it on every now and again to check facebook etc.) - do you end up paying more on your contract then from going over or do you get a text message telling you its nearly up?
wow! - fair enough if you can afford it!.

Did you get it when it first came out? also was there any upfront cost?

yeah i got it like a few days after it came out.. and yeah my parents can afford it xDDD and i think the upfront cost was cheap around £80 or 100 something like that..

You should get a contract that fits your needs.. I am 15 and i use a lot of DATA, so id rather spend a bit more to fit my own needs as for you, if you only call and text just get the cheapest with you needs, and if you use a lot of data then id suggest you get more than 2gb, it would run out sooo fast and if you overspend it then it will cost more xD
i had a contract a few years ago and i used soo much data and it cost a lot.
If u want i could look for a good contract for u? just tell me what exactly you need.

Phones4You
https://www.carphonewarehouse.com/
https://www.vodafone.co.uk/
http://www.three.co.uk/

There's a lot of websites that see the cheapest and best phones for the cheapest value..
One tip, Don't get one straight away without looking for others and other contracts, i did that and it costs a lot of money xD but meh
I am usually connected to WiFi a lot therefore don't use as much data and i also turn mobile data off when i am out (and turn it on every now and again to check facebook etc.) - do you end up paying more on your contract then from going over or do you get a text message telling you its nearly up?

I am usually connected to WiFi a lot therefore don't use as much data

If your connected to WIFI then it wouldn't connect to your data so therefore you wouldn't use or waste your data.
Hi

Thanks,
Cully123

Do you definitely want an iphone? There are much cheaper options available outside the apple world.
Reply 10
Original post by samb1234
Do you definitely want an iphone? There are much cheaper options available outside the apple world.

That's what i'm starting to think too (i have always been with apple) - do you have any recommendations at all?
Reply 11
iPhone 6, 16GB, 2GB data, unlimited texts and minutes. £20 a month and was £200 up front. 2 year contract.
That's what i'm starting to think too (i have always been with apple) - do you have any recommendations at all?

Do you have a mac? If yes stick with Iphone

Iphone are awesome...
DONT CHANGE xD

jkjk

Samsung has good phones, My brother got the newest Samsung and it is awesome. Go for it.
Reply 13
Do you have a mac? If yes stick with Iphone

Iphone are awesome...
DONT CHANGE xD

jkjk

Samsung has good phones, My brother got the newest Samsung and it is awesome. Go for it.

Hi, i have not got a mac - does he like the Samsung phone? did he swap from Iphone to samsung? - i am going to have a look at reviews etc.
Reply 14
Original post by .JC.
iPhone 6, 16GB, 2GB data, unlimited texts and minutes. £20 a month and was £200 up front. 2 year contract.

Thanks for sharing!, how do you find the 16gb? is it enough for what you use it for?
Hi, i have not got a mac - does he like the Samsung phone? did he swap from Iphone to samsung? - i am going to have a look at reviews etc.

yeah from iphone 5s to Samsung, he recommends it to everyone.. I might swap after my contract runs out but i have a mac so i am going to stick with my iphone and also get a samsung

The first thing to do would be to establish how you would buy a phone. With android it is often very plausible to buy a phone outright if you can afford to pay some money upfront, and then get a sim only deal. For example, I got my lg g4 about a year after release for roughly £300 when you take into account cases, screen protectors etc. I then pay something like £10 a month which gets me 4gb of data, so if I keep my phone for 2 years as normal then the total cost is £540, which works out at about £22.50 a month, although obviously to do this you have to be able to buy a phone in the first place. There are advantages to this such as easily being able to change provider/deal if your usage requirements change, move somewhere where the signal is dreadful etc etc. As far as phones themselves go, i would go for something android based. There is a huge range of android phones that meet a lot of different requirements so think about what is important to you in a phone and find one that fits your criteria - what screen size do you want, do you need a top end processor or is a mid range one fine, etc etc
Reply 17
Thanks for sharing!, how do you find the 16gb? is it enough for what you use it for?

Its enough I suppose. I'm always close to full but I don't really 'need' everything I have on my phone so I just clear space as and when I need to.

16GB is is a lot of storage, 1GB stores around 256 Pictures or more something around the line.
I currently have a 16GB Iphone and its really fast, i have a lot of pictures, music well spotify and a lot of games aswell as revision apps.
£38 for a phone that's over 1.5 years old is waaaay too much, I'd look around, you must be able to find it cheaper somewhere else! Are you switching networks in your upgrade or staying on the same one? I'd try out Compare The Market's phone section or a similar site like that to find a better deal, should be low £30s. Paying up front is also usually a good idea!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending