The Student Room Group

Fights with my dad

So bascially i am 16 at the moment and i dont think ive ever really got along with my family, and i usually create a lot of arguments and fights between us and well i say i create them but its not always me its sometimes my dad.

sometimes like once he said that i could have my own opinion on things and i should just do like everything. And often we have arguments about food cause he thinks that i should eat every kind of food and things but i mean i dont really like eating that much and everything, and well i mean i have suffered from depression and anxiety in the past and a little now, if that makes any difference. anyway so like do you think i should have to eat every kind of food and stuff? and like is this just me being a bit of a prick and stuff?

Thanks

Scroll to see replies

well dont get forced to do ****. Naww your not a prick, tell your dad he has an opinion and you have your own.
Reply 2
Original post by Arvin Bhambra
well dont get forced to do ****. Naww your not a prick, tell your dad he has an opinion and you have your own.

I know but like he is just such a dictator and stuff. and also i tell him that but apparently it doesn't matter and stuff.
Original post by Anonymous
I know but like he is just such a dictator and stuff. and also i tell him that but apparently it doesn't matter and stuff.

dont take the things he say to you to heart. He is only trying to guide you but say to him that you want to take your own path
Reply 4
dont take the things he say to you to heart. He is only trying to guide you but say to him that you want to take your own path

hmm okay thanks but what if he wont let me?
hmm okay thanks but what if he wont let me?

still do it who gives a **** what he says
Reply 6

Okay thanks haha ill try it
Okay thanks haha ill try it

no probs
Depends what you are eating and whether you are bothered about food or a healthy diet? unless you are obese, underweight or have an eating or health disorder then I wouldnt be worried. Types of food seems a bit of a silly area to be argyung over.
So bascially i am 16 at the moment and i dont think ive ever really got along with my family, and i usually create a lot of arguments and fights between us and well i say i create them but its not always me its sometimes my dad.

sometimes like once he said that i could have my own opinion on things and i should just do like everything. And often we have arguments about food cause he thinks that i should eat every kind of food and things but i mean i dont really like eating that much and everything, and well i mean i have suffered from depression and anxiety in the past and a little now, if that makes any difference. anyway so like do you think i should have to eat every kind of food and stuff? and like is this just me being a bit of a prick and stuff?

Thanks

Maybe sit down and have a calm discussion with him about your feelings (I am no expert but it works in my family). Good Luck!
Reply 10

You need to have some respect for him and his views, he's your dad and he pays for all your necessities.
Original post by 999tigger
Depends what you are eating and whether you are bothered about food or a healthy diet? unless you are obese, underweight or have an eating or health disorder then I wouldnt be worried. Types of food seems a bit of a silly area to be argyung over.

Hey thanks for the reply, and just to clear up no i dont have any eating disorders even though i think im obese, im not really well i mean i know that the BMI isnt a good way to say but mine is 20 so yeah but i think i am. Hmm i know it seems a bit silly but for some reason it always seems to happen like on at least a weekly basis.
Original post by chavab
You need to have some respect for him and his views, he's your dad and he pays for all your necessities.

aint nobody got time for that
Original post by chavab

I know and i do just he doesnt for any of mine
anticlimax
Original post by shawtyb
anticlimax

haha why you say that?
haha why you say that?

i thought it would be something like "got in a fist fight with my dad" or something to that effect
Hey thanks for the reply, and just to clear up no i dont have any eating disorders even though i think im obese, im not really well i mean i know that the BMI isnt a good way to say but mine is 20 so yeah but i think i am. Hmm i know it seems a bit silly but for some reason it always seems to happen like on at least a weekly basis.

Is your BMI a typo?

You say you think you're obese, but your BMI is 20, which puts you on the border between underweight/optimum weight. If you consider yourself obese while being close to underweight, I would question if your opinion of your eating habits/size is reliable as you think and perhaps your Dad is coming to you from a place of concern.

What are the fights over? Being picky with food? Not eating enough? Eating too much? Are they trying to serve you food you've clearly stated you dislike, but would be happy to eat something else?
Original post by shawtyb
i thought it would be something like "got in a fist fight with my dad" or something to that effect

haha nope sorrry, most that ever happened was me running away from home for a night.
haha nope sorrry, most that ever happened was me running away from home for a night.

i did that and earned my independence lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending