The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by GaryIsASloth
My parents told me that they both used to smoke,
but they said they stopped when they wanted kids.

I remember from a young age seeing a baccy tin in my dads car and asking him about it,
and he dismissed it as something he used for work, which I obviously took in.

More recently I've kinda realised being a clock-fixer doesn't require a baccy tin, that he still has,
with zigzags in his drawer, does this mean he still smokes? A part of me thinks it's just cannabis as
I knew he used to a long time ago and recently he got arthritis and has been under lots of stress..?

Have a look in the tin and see what is in there :smile:

He might still smoke occcasionaly, maybe he doesn't tell you because he's embaraced by it or he doesn't want you to smoke?

You are likley to have a better idea then anyone, if you just saw a baccy tin then that could be used for anything. Depends how old you are, but you could just sit down and talk about your concerns with him. Even if he is, it may not be the best health wise but it's not the end of the world - don't worry about it!
Original post by ajsmith171
Have a look in the tin and see what is in there :smile:

He might still smoke occcasionaly, maybe he doesn't tell you because he's embaraced by it or he doesn't want you to smoke?

You are likley to have a better idea then anyone, if you just saw a baccy tin then that could be used for anything. Depends how old you are, but you could just sit down and talk about your concerns with him. Even if he is, it may not be the best health wise but it's not the end of the world - don't worry about it!

I saw zigzags, I forgot to mention that 2/3 days a week he works away and overnights in hotels, so he could just smoke then? I'm gonna go downstairs and have a better look.

And it's too late for him not wanting me to smoke, I reckon he just does it because of my Mum.
Do you smoke at bus stops, within a line of other people?
are your fingers a dainty shade of yellow ?
He has a really old pack of Rizla orange and some other stuff like a nail, paper clips and staples...?:tongue:
Original post by WoodyMKC
Do you smoke after sex?

Spoiler

omfg prsom :rofl:
Lots of reasons, peer pressure, interest, family/freinds smoke and then then people get addicted

I actually know a person that smokes and they almost freak out if they do not have a smoke, I mean it is scary.
I d rather breathe in rotting flesh then breathe in second hand smoke
Reply 107
Why did you choose to start this disgusting habit? :smile:
Well I mainly smoke Golden Virginia roll ups as they're pretty cheep and I like the pretty sweet taste

You should try the Marlboro Red or Silver-they are way better..
As the title suggests, as a smoker, ask me anything...

How often do you smoke and how long have you smoked for?

Do you have any medical conditions as a result of smoking?
Original post by fr0sr_
Do you smoke at bus stops, within a line of other people?

No, only if no-one else is there.
Original post by GaryIsASloth
He has a really old pack of Rizla orange and some other stuff like a nail, paper clips and staples...?:tongue:

In that case, I wouldn't worry!!!
Original post by Blue_Mason
I actually know a person that smokes and they almost freak out if they do not have a smoke, I mean it is scary.
I d rather breathe in rotting flesh then breathe in second hand smoke

Yeah, I'm not that bad, but if I go for too long without one it puts me in a bit of a **** mood
Original post by eden3
Why did you choose to start this disgusting habit? :smile:

When I started, a couple of my mates started smoking or were smoking so I sort of just joined in
Original post by LostGirlOnTheRun
You should try the Marlboro Red or Silver-they are way better..

I quite like GV really but I would, it's just a cost thing. Roll ups are much cheeper
I quite like GV really but I would, it's just a cost thing. Roll ups are much cheeper

Ohh yeh I totally forgot-I think they're about £9 for a box....maybe you should smoke them Marlboro just for an occasion or a special treat! :h:
When I started, a couple of my mates started smoking or were smoking so I sort of just joined in

That was the same with me...though I have cut down a lot now...lol-usually a box would last me about 3-4 days...
I hate smokers!! They make you breathe in their second hand smoke which makes me so angry! I'm glad if you don't do that but 99% do from my experience.

Would you like to quit or not?
Original post by flyingpanda
How often do you smoke and how long have you smoked for?

Do you have any medical conditions as a result of smoking?

As I said, normally about 6 a day. Normally I have one about 30 minutes after I wake up, one about mid morning, one after lunch, one mid afternoon and one in the late afternoon and one in the evening. If I go out on an evening I might smoke 2-3 more then usual. So one about every 2 hours. I've smoked for about 4 and a half years.

Sometimes I get a little out of breath if I'm playing sport but not really other then that.
As I said, normally about 6 a day. Normally I have one about 30 minutes after I wake up, one about mid morning, one after lunch, one mid afternoon and one in the late afternoon and one in the evening. If I go out on an evening I might smoke 2-3 more then usual. So one about every 2 hours. I've smoked for about 4 and a half years.

Sometimes I get a little out of breath if I'm playing sport but not really other then that.

Will you stop smoking?

Do you find that you cant cope if you don't smoke regularly?

Latest