The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kryptonian
I hate smokers!! They make you breathe in their second hand smoke which makes me so angry! I'm glad if you don't do that but 99% do from my experience.

Would you like to quit or not?

Yeah, I can see why you wouldn't like that! Even though I smoke, I hate smokers which blow smoke into your face - it's not nice and I find it pretty inconsiderate tbh.

I hope to at some point.
Original post by LostGirlOnTheRun
Ohh yeh I totally forgot-I think they're about £9 for a box....maybe you should smoke them Marlboro just for an occasion or a special treat! :h:

Yeah, maybe I'll do that, shame they weren't a bit cheeper!
Original post by ajsmith171
Yeah, I can see why you wouldn't like that! Even though I smoke, I hate smokers which blow smoke into your face - it's not nice and I find it pretty inconsiderate tbh.

I hope to at some point.

I know it's hard to quit but best of luck! Maybe try cutting down first. Have one less every day? Good luck! :smile:
As I said, normally about 6 a day. Normally I have one about 30 minutes after I wake up, one about mid morning, one after lunch, one mid afternoon and one in the late afternoon and one in the evening. If I go out on an evening I might smoke 2-3 more then usual. So one about every 2 hours. I've smoked for about 4 and a half years.

Sometimes I get a little out of breath if I'm playing sport but not really other then that.

Tbh, that sounds like my parents and their tea habits. :tongue:

Well, I'm glad it hasn't yet seemed to have any serious problems yet. I've noticed in other posts you hope to quit at some point, so good luck with that!
Yeah, maybe I'll do that, shame they weren't a bit cheeper!

Haha yeh..don't worry-maybe one day I will buy them for your birthday! :h:
Original post by Infamous*
Will you stop smoking?

Do you find that you cant cope if you don't smoke regularly?

At some point, I don't want to smoke for the rest of my life.

As I said above, it puts me in a bit of a **** mood for the rest of the day if I don't smoke reguarly.
At some point, I don't want to smoke for the rest of my life.

As I said above, it puts me in a bit of a **** mood for the rest of the day if I don't smoke reguarly.

Good luck man, hope you stop smoking soon.
Original post by flyingpanda
Tbh, that sounds like my parents and their tea habits. :tongue:

Well, I'm glad it hasn't yet seemed to have any serious problems yet. I've noticed in other posts you hope to quit at some point, so good luck with that!

Lol, thanks!
Original post by Infamous*
Good luck man, hope you stop smoking soon.

Thanks dude
I know it's hard to quit but best of luck! Maybe try cutting down first. Have one less every day? Good luck! :smile:

Thanks man, I have been cutting down, but it's been pretty gradual!

Why do you smoke?
Original post by TheSpeedyz
Why do you smoke?

I started because a couple of my mates did, and I quite enjoy them now

Do you really really want to quit?
Do you really really want to quit?

Yeah I do, I really don't want to smoke for the rest of my life. I hope to have cut it down to 4 a day by the end of this year and so on.
Yeah I do, I really don't want to smoke for the rest of my life. I hope to have cut it down to 4 a day by the end of this year and so on.

OK that's good! Forget about quitting "forever". If you insist on seeing success only in terms of quitting forever then on which day will you celebrate? The best approach is the "one day at a time" recovery philosophy for measuring victory. Why not celebrate every day of healing and freedom. One day at a time!

Nicotine withdrawal peaks by day three and within two weeks the body physically adapts to functioning without it. During this period it is entirely normal to feel de-sensitised, as if part of you is being left behind. But your brain is working hard to restore natural neuro- chemical sensitivities. Be patient with your healing.

You have trained your subconscious mind to expect the arrival of a new supply of nicotine upon encountering specific times, locations, activities, people or emotions. The process of reconditioning and breaking these subconscious triggers and cues also peaks during the first week, at about day three. All but remote, infrequent, holiday or seasonal nicotine use triggers are extinguished within a month.

The final phase of recovery, thought fixation, is the least intense yet longest. Here the rational, thinking mind will find itself fixating on conscious thoughts about wanting to use nicotine. Although at times nearly impossible to see and appreciate, with each passing day thoughts of wanting gradually grow fewer, shorter in duration and generally less intense. Within a few months they will become the exception, not the rule, as you gradually start to develop an expectation of going entire days without once "thinking" about wanting for nicotine.

Spoiler

does any one know where i can buy camel filters in the UK? or are they banned or something?
thanks
OK that's good! Forget about quitting "forever". If you insist on seeing success only in terms of quitting forever then on which day will you celebrate? The best approach is the "one day at a time" recovery philosophy for measuring victory. Why not celebrate every day of healing and freedom. One day at a time!

Nicotine withdrawal peaks by day three and within two weeks the body physically adapts to functioning without it. During this period it is entirely normal to feel de-sensitised, as if part of you is being left behind. But your brain is working hard to restore natural neuro- chemical sensitivities. Be patient with your healing.

You have trained your subconscious mind to expect the arrival of a new supply of nicotine upon encountering specific times, locations, activities, people or emotions. The process of reconditioning and breaking these subconscious triggers and cues also peaks during the first week, at about day three. All but remote, infrequent, holiday or seasonal nicotine use triggers are extinguished within a month.

The final phase of recovery, thought fixation, is the least intense yet longest. Here the rational, thinking mind will find itself fixating on conscious thoughts about wanting to use nicotine. Although at times nearly impossible to see and appreciate, with each passing day thoughts of wanting gradually grow fewer, shorter in duration and generally less intense. Within a few months they will become the exception, not the rule, as you gradually start to develop an expectation of going entire days without once "thinking" about wanting for nicotine.

Spoiler

Thanks for your detailed response, it's good to know! :smile:
Original post by fei345
does any one know where i can buy camel filters in the UK? or are they banned or something?
thanks

As of June 2012 camel filters were discontinued in the United Kingdom.
Original post by fei345
thanks

Never seen them in the UK tbh, I just use Rizla's :smile:
i dont think smoking is a particularly a bad thing, sorta think the media hypes it up to be this massive killer.
but yeah, started smoking by a "social smoke". haha, i think i just think i have built up a habit of having a cig when i drink.
think i might have to go and try them camel lights if them camel filters are discontinued.

this package change also means, i cant get them 10 packs of sterling fresh taste (cheapest) or golden leaf 7g.

Latest