The Student Room Group

2 all nighters in a row

Has anyone ever done 2 all nighters? I am seriously screwed and I'm thinking I might just do 2 all nighters today and tomorrow and then sleep on friday evening.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Angry Bird
Has anyone ever done 2 all nighters? I am seriously screwed and I'm thinking I might just do 2 all nighters today and tomorrow and then sleep on friday evening.

fool, sleep is necessary especially in times of exams.
I once read a Russian study where sleep deprived subjects had hallucinations and starting eating their own skin and attacking each other.

But yeah I mean I'm sure you'll be fine. 100% guaranteed nothing to worry about.

It is dangerous, don't do it. You can't be that screwed, and even if you are it is SO not worth damaging your health.

This coming from someone who probably has pulled 50+ all nighters this year and regrets each one deeply. It wasn't worth it, I actually got quite ill.
Reply 4
Just know what you know
cos if you stay up 2 nights in a row everything's gonna go away and you're actually gonna sleep in the exam

I stayed up all night for a biology mock exam... and I fell asleep in the middle :rofl:

just sleep now and wake up at 9 or 10pm and revise from then onwards
Reply 5
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
It is dangerous, don't do it. You can't be that screwed, and even if you are it is SO not worth damaging your health.

This coming from someone who probably has pulled 50+ all nighters this year and regrets each one deeply. It wasn't worth it, I actually got quite ill.

yeah one all nighter will take atleast a week to recover from :cry2:
can't be doin that when you got other exams too

Actually it's going to have a negative effect please don't do it. Sleep is crucial!
It actually affects your memory in the long term. Very bad idea.
Original post by z33
Just know what you know
cos if you stay up 2 nights in a row everything's gonna go away and you're actually gonna sleep in the exam

I stayed up all night for a biology mock exam... and I fell asleep in the middle :rofl:

just sleep now and wake up at 9 or 10pm and revise from then onwards

I fell asleep for 40 mins during a 90 mins maths C1 mock

Still got a B
When I started a new job which required me to work nights I ended up doing two all nighters in a row. I was too nervous to sleep the night before my shift and obviously didn't sleep during my shift either. I've honestly never felt so exhausted or stressed in my life. :s-smilie:
Original post by Stars_MyDest
I once read a Russian study where sleep deprived subjects had hallucinations and starting eating their own skin and attacking each other.

But yeah I mean I'm sure you'll be fine. 100% guaranteed nothing to worry about.

Lol but don't forget that they were given some sort of stimulant gas. :redface:

I loved this part so much :redface:

“What are you? I must know!"

"Have you forgotten so easily?" the subject said, grinning.

“We are you. We are the madness that lurks within you all, begging to be free at every moment in your deepest animal mind. We are what you hide from in your beds every night. We are what you sedate into silence and paralysis when you go to the nocturnal haven where we cannot tread."

The researcher fired a bullet into his heart. The EEG monitor flat-lined as the subject murmured these last words: "So ... nearly ... free."

Such chilling words! :evil:
Lol but don't forget that they were given some sort of stimulant gas. :redface:

I loved this part so much :redface:

“What are you? I must know!"

"Have you forgotten so easily?" the subject said, grinning.

“We are you. We are the madness that lurks within you all, begging to be free at every moment in your deepest animal mind. We are what you hide from in your beds every night. We are what you sedate into silence and paralysis when you go to the nocturnal haven where we cannot tread."

The researcher fired a bullet into his heart. The EEG monitor flat-lined as the subject murmured these last words: "So ... nearly ... free."

Such chilling words! :evil:

r/nosleep :evil:
Original post by z33
yeah one all nighter will take atleast a week to recover from :cry2:
can't be doin that when you got other exams too

Ik, it quite literally isn't worth it. I wish I never had done it at all.

But when your that exhausted, you're not even thinking straight. At that point doing badly in school scared me awake, now, honestly (even though my exams are a 5 days away) its not worth it

I have slept enough in these holidays and my memory has improved significantly, my revision is actually sinking in. Op will hit a brick wall if she pulls 2 all nighters.
(edited 7 years ago)
What are the all nighters in aid of? I mean I could do it, and I probably have in the past, but after 24-30 hours of being awake I wouldn't be good for use nor ornament. If it's for exams, I wouldn't recommend, because a sleep deprived body will struggle to retain any information. If it's for assignments, I'd do one all-nighter and then sleep for about 5 hours and then carry on with what I have to do. I just think anyone would really struggle to do 2 consecutive all-nighters.
r/nosleep :evil:

If I could create such a chilling cold sentence, I'd happily undergo that experiment. At least I would create an incredible piece of literature.

Spoiler

i can't even pull an all-dayer forget an all nighter!!!! i love my sleep wayyyyy too much! :yep:

Don't do that!!! sleep is important!

ermm work throughout the day, sleep early, wake up early, and you'll be fine!!!!

just don't neglect sleep!

Spoiler

If I could create such a chilling cold sentence, I'd happily undergo that experiment. At least I would create an incredible piece of literature.

Spoiler

I could rip open your stomach for you later if you want.

I'll see you at midnight :evil:
(edited 7 years ago)
don't do it
it actually ruins you
i used to have insomnia but i fixed up
Reply 17
Original post by IXxi HIIDA ixXI
I fell asleep for 40 mins during a 90 mins maths C1 mock

Still got a B

r u supermon?
Original post by z33
r u supermon?

photo.png

tuh anfineeti uh beeyand
I could rip open your stomach for you later if you want.

I'll see you at midnight :evil:

:evil: see you then!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending