The Student Room Group

CCEA GCSE exams 2016 *official only CCEA thread*

Scroll to see replies

Those worrying about the T6 paper, I done and thought it was so hard because there was so many awkward questions and ended up coming out with an A*, the easier questions tally up the marks so you can risk losing the harder questions,, (the Febuary 2016 paper)
Also, how are you all studying for English Lang? (functional writing & reading non-fiction)
Anyone looking for last minute revision I recommend -https://quizlet.com/45812397/flashcards it's flash cards about different linguistic techniques. Very good revision for multi modal texts.
English Language Unit 1 thoughts?
Original post by nmeechan
Those worrying about the T6 paper, I done and thought it was so hard because there was so many awkward questions and ended up coming out with an A*, the easier questions tally up the marks so you can risk losing the harder questions,, (the Febuary 2016 paper)
Also, how are you all studying for English Lang? (functional writing & reading non-fiction)

What mark is the A* boundary?
Original post by chemnerd4life
English Language Unit 1 thoughts?

I liked it! Not too sure how well I did in the personal writing section though aha, what did you think of it?
Original post by MeganMcAlister
I liked it! Not too sure how well I did in the personal writing section though aha, what did you think of it?

It wasn't too bad actually, personal writing went better than previous ones in mock ( which were absolute sh*t 😂), multi modal went pretty well too but I need another 15 minutes really if I wanted to go into as much detail as I wanted. Was sorta rushing at the end
(edited 7 years ago)
It wasn't too bad actually, personal writing went better than previous ones in mock ( which were absolute sh*t 😂), multi modal went pretty well too but I need another 15 minutes really if I wanted to go into as much detail as I wanted. Was sorta rushing at the end

I went into so much detail for the multimodal section, but I only wrote 3 paragraphs for each text in task 2 and the same for task 3 so idk how many marks that will get me
I think the personal writing went well but multimodal is always a bit hit and miss for me! I get so bored in language exams :frown:
Original post by Tsunaomi
I think the personal writing went well but multimodal is always a bit hit and miss for me! I get so bored in language exams :frown:

Yeah me too, at least we've only got 1 left FOREVER 🙌🏻
For the multimodal text, there weren't really many techniques- Except those Rhetorical questions. Was I the only one who couldn't really find individual techniques but just talked about the choice of words mainly?

Posted from TSR Mobile
how many pages did you guys write for personal writing? i only managed to get 3.5 pages done! not enough time for me at all 😥 really worried now..
Original post by gabrielealek
how many pages did you guys write for personal writing? i only managed to get 3.5 pages done! not enough time for me at all 😥 really worried now..

I only got about 2.5 - 3 but my writing is pretty small so I'm not too worried
What mark is the A* boundary?

For me, it was 198/220
Can anyone help me- in T6 maths how do you do a rotation of a shape, for example 90 degrees? I'm so so so confused
Reply 354
Does anyone have a mock mark scheme for the ccea t4 maths paper? Also did everyone find it kinda hard, or was it just me? Kicked myself at some of the questions (realised how to do the rectangles on the way home) but hopefully I'll secure a good grade with t6 tommorow and then Further Maths on the 16th and 23rd
Does anyone know what raw mark is needed out of 48 in the English Language Exam to get an A?
Reply 356
Anyone have a last minute tips for T6?? I done t3 in january and just about got a B!!! Lol ... Me and maths DO NOT get along... Like im so scared of the "easy" questions at the start not being easy.. dont even get me started on the last few questions HAHA ... Any help would be greatly appreciated :smile: :smile:
Original post by chemistrynerd13
Does anyone know what raw mark is needed out of 48 in the English Language Exam to get an A?

I'd imagine it to be roughly 35-41 for an A, and roughly 42+ for an A*?? Just an educated guess so correct me if I'm wrong.. I think the English raw mark boundaries tend to be more or less fixed every year, unlike maths where they constantly change.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by chloecam29
Can anyone help me- in T6 maths how do you do a rotation of a shape, for example 90 degrees? I'm so so so confused

You need to get a piece of tracing paper (provided in the exam) and set in on your grid. Try to keep the edge of the tracing paper along one of the grid lines to keep it straight as this will make it more accurate. Using a pencil trace your shape onto the tracing paper and put your pencil onto the centre of rotation(if will say this in the question).
If it is 90 degrees clockwise turn your piece of tracing paper 1/4 turn to the right keeping your pencil on the same spot. You will know it's 90 degrees as the edge of your tracing paper will be along your grid lines again. Do the same thing for 180 degrees put turn the paper right round. For anti-clockwise rotations turn the tracing paper to the left. When you have rotated it then draw the shape onto the grid on you exam paper :smile: hope I helped!
Original post by PatrickOC
I'd imagine it to be roughly 35-41 for an A, and roughly 42+ for an A*?? Just an educated guess so correct me if I'm wrong.. I think the English raw mark boundaries tend to be more or less fixed every year, unlike maths where they constantly change.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I agree with this. When we do practices an A is 19/24 so that would be 38/48..

Quick Reply

Latest