The Student Room Group

[Official Thread] Edexcel 6BI02 (Unit 2 Old Spec) June 2016 (Exam Discussion)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Indigo.Brownhall
Yeah I got 6 tRNA aswell, and i think for that question it was B. I thought it was actually quite a good paper, I don't know about anyone else....

yeah good i got that aswell, it was an okay paper some really easy questions and some harder ones, many seemed very similar to past papers more so than usual. What did you get for the reason putting cabbage in cold water and then boiling water releases more vitamin c ?
Original post by Indigo.Brownhall
I think it will be the same as usual, in the 50s for an A

do you not think that because everyone who's doing this paper is retaking, the grade boundaries will be higher :/
I just said that if you put it into hot water first, then the Vitamin C is already lost, so the change is not very much when you put it into hot water. Whereas, if you put it in cold water then no vitamin C content is lost so when you put it into hot water the change is bigger? Does that make sense?

And also they can't make it ridiculously high because it is not fair...furthermore, you have to remember there are as many people retaking to get a B to an A as there are people retaking to get a C from a D, so I think it all balances out....
Original post by BrownGuyIrfan
76.4%

Does it matter if you went more decimal places than that?

Posted from TSR Mobile
If there were 8 amino acids, doesn't that mean that 8 tRNA molecules would be required to transport them, lol?

In any case, I got 8 and 8 for that question

I got a B last year, was hoping for an A this time but I really doubt I got that, it was a terrible paper - that last question especially, half a page of reading.

wtf why edexcel why
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 85
Original post by Romanoff
If there were 8 amino acids, doesn't that mean that 8 tRNA molecules would be required to transport them, lol?

In any case, I got 8 and 8 for that question

I got a B last year, was hoping for an A this time but I really doubt I got that, it was a terrible paper - that last question especially, half a page of reading.

wtf why edexcel why

Wouldn't it be 6 because 2 pairs of codons in the chain were the same so it would only need 6 not 8.
Reply 86
But yeah I agree
What did people put for the second to last question about Aa Allele and show this disorder is dominant
Original post by cnow55
Wouldn't it be 6 because 2 pairs of codons in the chain were the same so it would only need 6 not 8.

I don't think so since surely there are multiple complementary tRNA molecules, I'd assume that regardless of amino acid (if it was the same codon or not) there would be the exact same amount of tRNA as there is codon

But whatever, I'm just glad I can focus on my A2s

Good luck everyone
(edited 7 years ago)
can some one give a nice structured answer for may 2011 q1b ?
I don't think so since surely there are multiple complementary tRNA molecules, I'd assume that regardless of amino acid (if it was the same codon or not) there would be the exact same amount of tRNA as there is codon

But whatever, I'm just glad I can focus on my A2s

Good luck everyone

Romanoff, thats exactly what i believe and i actually put 8 and 8 because whether they are the same codon or not every time you make a peptide chain you do need another trna molecule to bring that same anti codon that would be complentary to the codon.
We are most probably right.
Original post by Hellper
Romanoff, thats exactly what i believe and i actually put 8 and 8 because whether they are the same codon or not every time you make a peptide chain you do need another trna molecule to bring that same anti codon that would be complentary to the codon.
We are most probably right.

I also put 8 and 8 for both questions about the tRNA and amino acids.
"to count the number of cells undergoing mitosis, a root tip squash was carried out.Give 2 potential safety risks associated with the root tip squash technique.For one of the risks you have given, suggest a precaution to reduce the risk"
can some one help me with this? cuzzzzzz msc doesnt have the answer -______-
i think it should be that while cutting the root tip a person could injure them self and a precaution would be to cut away from yourself but im not sure about the 2nd risk.Maybe its related to the stain or something ?
Original post by vampette999
"to count the number of cells undergoing mitosis, a root tip squash was carried out.Give 2 potential safety risks associated with the root tip squash technique.For one of the risks you have given, suggest a precaution to reduce the risk"
can some one help me with this? cuzzzzzz msc doesnt have the answer -______-
i think it should be that while cutting the root tip a person could injure them self and a precaution would be to cut away from yourself but im not sure about the 2nd risk.Maybe its related to the stain or something ?

When cutting the tip, I think wearing productive gloves would be a more appropriate answer. And also when using hydrochloric acid, you could say wear gloves also or goggles to prevent acid getting into eyes!
Original post by ABeingOnEarth
When cutting the tip, I think wearing productive gloves would be a more appropriate answer. And also when using hydrochloric acid, you could say wear gloves also or goggles to prevent acid getting into eyes!

tysm ^__^
tysm ^__^

my pleasure
20160530_224558.jpg
okay im here again with my q gosh i probably annoy the eff out of people here on tsr (really sorry) but can some one help me with this q? i dont get this crossing over stuff in this q
heyyy so in edexcel biology unit 1 i got a D (left a C by 2 marks) so if i do well in unit 3 and 2 is it possible i get an A as an overall grade? btw my unit 3 went good :')
heyyy so in edexcel biology unit 1 i got a D (left a C by 2 marks) so if i do well in unit 3 and 2 is it possible i get an A as an overall grade? btw my unit 3 went good :':wink:

How is anyone supposed to help you if you don't provide all the information. What in the actual hell does "unit 3 went good :':wink:" mean?

But anyway, let's assume:

Unit 1 = 70 UMS, (2 UMS off a C) = D
Unit 2 = 96 UMS = A
Unit 3 = 60 UMS = A (Full UMS), because "unit 3 went good :':wink:"

= 226 = High B, 14 UMS off an A at AS

In Unit 4, 5 and 6 you'll need to get As all across the board, and also make up for the lost 14 UMS (more of course if unit 3 didn't went good.)

There's your A.

(I'm also unsure why you posted the exact same question on like 3 other threads though)
How is anyone supposed to help you if you don't provide all the information. What in the actual hell does "unit 3 went good :':wink:" mean?

But anyway, let's assume:

Unit 1 = 70 UMS, (2 UMS off a C) = D
Unit 2 = 96 UMS = A
Unit 3 = 60 UMS = A (Full UMS), because "unit 3 went good :':wink:"

= 226 = High B, 14 UMS off an A at AS

In Unit 4, 5 and 6 you'll need to get As all across the board, and also make up for the lost 14 UMS (more of course if unit 3 didn't went good.)

There's your A.

(I'm also unsure why you posted the exact same question on like 3 other threads though)

firstly ty for replying secondly by went good ill say ill get an A in it and thirdly i posted that everywhere cuz i was curious af and like ukkkk if someone doesnt answer in 1 they'll eventually answer in another xD okay sorry lol and lastly jeez dont be rude :0

Quick Reply