The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by fei345
i dont think smoking is a particularly a bad thing, sorta think the media hypes it up to be this massive killer.
but yeah, started smoking by a "social smoke". haha, i think i just think i have built up a habit of having a cig when i drink.
think i might have to go and try them camel lights if them camel filters are discontinued.

this package change also means, i cant get them 10 packs of sterling fresh taste (cheapest) or golden leaf 7g.

How many do you smoke a day?
Original post by ajsmith171
How many do you smoke a day?

i tend to have about 2 rollies a day. tend to go for golden leaf cause it is the cheapest haha, but sometimes i treat myself with American Spirits. but i tend to have more if i go out, like i could have up to 5 at a night out.

so it does vary quite a bit.
Original post by fei345
i tend to have about 2 rollies a day. tend to go for golden leaf cause it is the cheapest haha, but sometimes i treat myself with American Spirits. but i tend to have more if i go out, like i could have up to 5 at a night out.

so it does vary quite a bit.

Yeah, doesn't sound like too many. You planning to quit?
Yeah, doesn't sound like too many. You planning to quit?

not really had a thought about quitting. probably will do sometime in the future if they get too expensive. but it's always handy to have a packet of rolling tobacco on you, :wink: if you know what i mean.
Not really, because it's what I want to spend my money on

But you're just paying for a sooner death potentially. Idk you do you I guess. Do you want to quit and you can't or do you just love smoking?
How long does it take you to smoke a fag and when you're finished do you just drop it on the floor?
Never tried one, but I have heard that they are quite nice

they are great it worth trying some before you find one start off with little cigars and work up to larger ones
Original post by john2054
former smoker for five years. that's the problem with fags, it is so nice to have just one, more, but then you can't stop. trust me cold turkey is the best way to give up. and once you stop, don't look back!

out of interest, how did you give up then, cold turkey completely or patches/gum too? how were the withdrawal symptoms etc??
Original post by JNDSAN
out of interest, how did you give up then, cold turkey completely or patches/gum too? how were the withdrawal symptoms etc??

i normally use the gum, but i once tried zyoban and it seemed to help for a while. also read allan carr's easy way to give up smoking but it is still difficult. you have to make the point of setting a resolution never to smoke again, from a set date, then stick to it.
Original post by idontknowmedoyou
But you're just paying for a sooner death potentially. Idk you do you I guess. Do you want to quit and you can't or do you just love smoking?

I do want to quit and have started to reduce the number that I smoke a day.
Original post by thedjguy2016
How long does it take you to smoke a fag and when you're finished do you just drop it on the floor?

Normally about 4 minutes. If I'm at home (outside) or sitting outside of a pub or cafe then I often use an ash tray, but if I'm at a bus stop or just smoking on the street I often just drop it tbh because often there isn't anywhere else.
Original post by jamesthehustler
they are great it worth trying some before you find one start off with little cigars and work up to larger ones

Thanks for the tip :smile:
ajsmith...

@AngryJеllyfish why do you smoke?
Reply 153
Original post by fei345
i dont think smoking is a particularly a bad thing, sorta think the media hypes it up to be this massive killer.

I think you are confusing media and science. Science doesn't do hype. Smoking really is that bad. Sorry to have to burst your bubble.

Also, I work in care, I have seen a number of people with late stages of COPD. I do know what I am talking about.

Not preaching, just facts. Everyone is going to die somehow.
Original post by Impressive
ajsmith...@AngryJеllyfish why do you smoke?

"AngryJellyfish"??? :smile:

I have answered that question about 5 times but basically because 1) I need to because it's addictive 2) I sort of quite enjoy it. I have begun to reduce the number I smoke though in an attempt to quit.
Normally about 4 minutes. If I'm at home (outside) or sitting outside of a pub or cafe then I often use an ash tray, but if I'm at a bus stop or just smoking on the street I often just drop it tbh because often there isn't anywhere else.

What age did you start?
What age did you start?

When you started, how many fags did you smoke a day? Also, did you smoke in school and if so how did you fit them in around lessons?
When you started, how many fags did you smoke a day? Also, did you smoke in school and if so how did you fit them in around lessons?

When I first started I smoked pretty on and off, some days I wouldn't have one and then another day I would have 2-3. Within 6 month-1 year I began to reguarly smoke 4 or 5 a day and if I went to a party or something I might have had more. I didn't smoke in school initially but when it became more regular I sort of needed to. As I have said, I would often have one before school, one at morning break, one at lunch, one after school and one in the evening so it wasn't really too bad to fit it in around lessons.
Do you want to stop?