The Student Room Group

How important are specific statistics? (A2)

Hi,

I am aiming to get a B grade overall and so could do with a mid B on the GEOG3 paper. I am just wondering how important specific statistics really are, if I am aiming for this grade.

If they are important to include, do they have to be the exact figure? Or can I make a number up that generally lies around the correct figure? (e.g. ~100 people... instead of 125 people) ?

Thank you!
Original post by yellowfan1555
Hi,

I am aiming to get a B grade overall and so could do with a mid B on the GEOG3 paper. I am just wondering how important specific statistics really are, if I am aiming for this grade.

If they are important to include, do they have to be the exact figure? Or can I make a number up that generally lies around the correct figure? (e.g. ~100 people... instead of 125 people) ?

Thank you!

I don't think you need to use exact figures, as long as they are roughly correct (or at least realistic). I tended to round figures up or down for exams so that I could remember them more easily. For example, I'd say 'approximately 70 deaths' instead of the actual figure of 73 :smile:
Original post by Leviathan1741
I don't think you need to use exact figures, as long as they are roughly correct (or at least realistic). I tended to round figures up or down for exams so that I could remember them more easily. For example, I'd say 'approximately 70 deaths' instead of the actual figure of 73 :smile:

Thank you for the response! Yeah I think that's a better idea, I can remember more that way too haha
Original post by yellowfan1555
Thank you for the response! Yeah I think that's a better idea, I can remember more that way too haha

No problem! Good luck with your exams :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending