The Student Room Group

13 lessons - still stalling

I've had about 10 driving lessons now and every lesson I stall about 4/5 times. My instructor is really patient but I get really annoyed. I have bad clutch control and I am just all round clumsy. Also after 10 lessons I have not done any maneuvers etc but my friend who has had 11 lessons is doing mock tests...
:angry:
Does anyone have any tips for good clutch control/driving

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ZainF123
I've had about 10 driving lessons now and every lesson I stall about 4/5 times. My instructor is really patient but I get really annoyed. I have bad clutch control and I am just all round clumsy. Also after 10 lessons I have not done any maneuvers etc but my friend who has had 11 lessons is doing mock tests...

how do you stall the car?
Reply 2
Original post by Arvin Bhambra
how do you stall the car?

mainly due to panic.
I stop in the road at traffic lights and my instructor tells me to put the handbrake on or meet he bite and get ready. However when it comes to setting off I lift the clutch up really quickly and the car makes a bang sound or I don't set enough gas and it stalls.
mainly due to panic.
I stop in the road at traffic lights and my instructor tells me to put the handbrake on or meet he bite and get ready. However when it comes to setting off I lift the clutch up really quickly and the car makes a bang sound or I don't set enough gas and it stalls.

find a point where you are very comfortable with the clutch. By this i mean not too low so that when you start off it comes up too quickly but not to high to get a bad start off. This way you are confident that you can start off well
Reply 4
find a point where you are very comfortable with the clutch. By this i mean not too low so that when you start off it comes up too quickly but not to high to get a bad start off. This way you are confident that you can start off well

when waiting at traffic lights I am comfortable with keeping the bite but I know this wears the clutch out like mad. My instructor is always saying put the handbrake on and I have to ask if if its OK to just use the break.
also when setting off it takes me ages and my instructor always says speed up as there are other cars behind but this is the point where I panic and then end up stalling
when waiting at traffic lights I am comfortable with keeping the bite but I know this wears the clutch out like mad. My instructor is always saying put the handbrake on and I have to ask if if its OK to just use the break.
also when setting off it takes me ages and my instructor always says speed up as there are other cars behind but this is the point where I panic and then end up stalling

use the bite as much as possible it is easier getting off
Reply 6

i have horrendous clutch control!
nearly typed clitch :/
Reply 7
use the bite as much as possible it is easier getting off

yeah im gonna start doing that. idk how people put the handbrake one and then quickly set off. ugghh
Reply 8
Original post by shawtyb
i have horrendous clutch control!
nearly typed clitch :/

how many lessons have you had??
yeah im gonna start doing that. idk how people put the handbrake one and then quickly set off. ugghh

quite easy when it is a hill start otherwise hard elsewhere. How you at hill starts?
how many lessons have you had??

not many haha only like 3 or 4 :frown:
if it helps, my old english teacher failed her actual test 23 times
also this;

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3059897/She-s-not-giving-just-Britain-s-worst-learner-driver-fails-theory-test-113TH-time-cost-3-500.html
Original post by shawtyb
also this;

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3059897/She-s-not-giving-just-Britain-s-worst-learner-driver-fails-theory-test-113TH-time-cost-3-500.html

wtf

what was your theory scores?
Reply 12
quite easy when it is a hill start otherwise hard elsewhere. How you at hill starts?

im good at hill starts because I live on a hill so i he been doing those since my first lesson :biggrin:
wtf

what was your theory scores?

not even does a theory yet but i dont one of these free practise online ones and, well...i failed ! HA
Original post by shawtyb
not even does a theory yet but i dont one of these free practise online ones and, well...i failed ! HA

want any good websites for you theory?
Reply 15
Original post by shawtyb
also this;

jeeeez. I still need to do my theory but im waiting until im more confident at the practical
Reply 16
Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah please. Have u done yours?
jeeeez. I still need to do my theory but im waiting until im more confident at the practical

can you choose when you do what?

want any good websites for you theory?

sure :smile:
Original post by shawtyb
can you choose when you do what?

sure :smile:

https://www.dvsalearningzone.co.uk/ - very good website helped me alot. Need to make an account tho

Helped me to get 49/50 on theory and 65 on hazard
https://www.dvsalearningzone.co.uk/ - very good website helped me alot. Need to make an account tho

Helped me to get 49/50 on theory and 65 on hazard

oh sweet! il report back with my own soon

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending