The Student Room Group

Is this racist?banker claims black people are just not clever

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Nidhoggr
The awkward moment when you say you've fixed someone's mistake, but you're wrong as well.

Its "yours", not "your's"

Original post by WBZ144
The "fix" is incorrect.

Apostrophe of possession, he's referring to a characteristic that he possess.
Original post by GwynLordOfCinder

yours is an exception to the rule
Original post by pizzaprincess
I can't even believe that you are all sat here 'debating' this. You should all be ashamed of yourselves. If somebody is qualified and well-educated, they get the job. The end. Race does not come into it. How the OP can sit here and ask 'is this racist' - newsflash! Calling people uneducated and unintelligent PURELY on account of their race is racist, by definition. To sit here debating differences in IQ and cranial capacities and differences in intelligence across races etc. is disgusting and reeks of eugenics. I thought better of people on the Student Room.

You do understand that well educated people do sit down and debate these things? That is, instead of just using insults and self righteousness.
Original post by GwynLordOfCinder

Original post by WBZ144
x.

Lol, so first your fix is incorrect, and then your explanation for why the fix is correct is incorrect :lol:

http://www.elearnenglishlanguage.com/blog/english-mistakes/yours/

There is no such thing as "your's".

Your fix was just an honest mistake, but then we called you out on it and you still maintained that you're correct. Lol, now you just look like a moron.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by lolatmaths
standard closet racist, there's many of them particularly in the upper class who try to veil it with silly logic.

The irony is strong in this one...
Reply 365
well of course it is racist.
saying black people = the whole black population, why generalize like that?
Original post by George VI

how is it ironic?
Original post by Nidhoggr
how is it ironic?

'You can't generalise a whole group'
'The upper class are a bunch of racists'
Original post by oueoue
well of course it is racist.
saying black people = the whole black population, why generalize like that?

It looks like he means the urban gang cultures tbh, as he says he wouldn't mind having a meeting with Obama. I don't blame him, not on account on them being black, but because they are very rude.
Original post by Mathemagicien
IQ is a poor measure of intelligence. The fact that IQ differs depending on which test is used proves this.

Where are your sources anyway? Most studies I have seen put Asians around 2-3 points ahead of Whites, and Whites 6-7 points ahead of Black people. Its not a significant difference, and much less significant than the effect of studying for the test beforehand.

While genetics obviously has a significant role to play, more significant roles are played by culture, education, and upbringing. Test result differences between the average middle class white and middle class black would, I assume, be a lot smaller, and probably even smaller between children of scientists of any race.

Damn. The truth in this is powerful. Was just going to type this.

Original post by WBZ144
Lol I've worked in banking and could surpass him at his stupid job within half a decade if I decided to stay in the financial services industry.

My whole family (I have a big family) are either at university or are qualified professionals with degrees. My mum is one of the cleverest women I have ever met.

In America the most highly educated group is the African immigrants. So yeah, that banker hasn't a clue what he is talking about.

My spelling and grammar is also heaps better than yours. It is unlikely that you will be in a position in which you would need to consider whether or not to hire Black people.

Touche but what do you mean by the boldface part?
Original post by gwagon
The real cringe here is the 'banker' thinking you need to be exceptionally smart to get into banking....LOL.

Wait...you mean you don't have to be clever to get into banking?! Did i pick the wrong career...or is this academic snobbery I'm smelling?

You're an idiot if you think that makes me racist.
You're an idiot if you think that makes me racist.

Idiots are always the quickest to call others idiots.
Idiots are always the quickest to call others idiots.

What?
Of course it's racist. What does skin colour have to do with intelligence?
What?

You could have asked for an explanation.

It's not racist no, but racism is hatred based on generalisation, your class bias is showing in that post.
You could have asked for an explanation.

It's not racist no, but racism is hatred based on generalisation, your class bias is showing in that post.

You should have given one in the first place

Where have i shown hatred? You're not even disputing the statement so what's your point? Only a cuck would even be mildly offended.
You should have given one in the first place

Where have i shown hatred? You're not even disputing the statement so what's your point? Only a cuck would even be mildly offended.

Right... I think an explanation would be lost on you after this.
Right... I think an explanation would be lost on you after this.

Oh grow a pair.

Seriously, if that offended you then it makes you the ironic one since you're so against PC...
Original post by BodhiUtah
So I was tweeted this on Twitter and had a read and don't know what to think to be honest? I agree with a lot of it but it seems well out of order. Here's an extract of the funnish bit but check it out: http://www.citysharks.co.uk/2016/05/31/investment-banker-on-black-people-in-banking/

Would you personally hire a black person?Possible, if they could do the job, but as soon as I hear any ghetto like language their gone. That’s why education is paramount as it irons out the poor character traits and polishes a person for a potential career in investment banking.I understand totally but most black people come from deprived backgrounds?I don’t buy into that crap you can make it wherever you’re from. If you want to kill your brain cells by listing to Beyonce and Jay Z and walk around with a knife then your damaging your own chances in life. Plenty of black people life like civilized human being’s, it’s just that black people choose to live less so. Just walk around London and your see it’s mainly always the black people that need to be avoided. Just look at the prisons, black males are just a criminal and lazy men on average.

Not all black people speak in slang listening to rap. You dont hire the ones that do.. you hire the ones that are clearly intelligent and speaking in gangster slang is a good indicator they are not.

Most of the ones in London have probably grown up with single mum living of welfare. Not the best environment to create highly intelligent individuals but there will always be some

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending