The Student Room Group

Ex contacted me after 2 weeks of no contact - does he want me back?

Me and my ex were in a relationship for 5 years until about 3 weeks ago.

Long story short, we'd been arguing for a while due to lots of outside stress factors, including having to move back in with our parents as he had money problems and we couldn't afford to live together anymore. This left us with a LDR, a dog in between houses, added stress of who moves where, where is the money coming from, etc and instead of being a team, he has often taken out the frustrations on me and we were bringing out the worst in each other.

After months of arguing, we had a talk to sort everything out and agreed we would be there for each other, that our situation wasn't forever and we loved each other so would see it out. The day after having this talk, I found messages on our shared laptop indicating that he had been texting another girl he had met a few days before and had taken her out on a date. When I confronted him, he freaked, turned it on me and then ignored me when I tried to call him. We didn't speak to each other for over 2 weeks.

He contacted me on Sunday through email (I think he deleted my number, as I deleted his, too) saying 'Hey *petname*, can you call me later in the week when you're free. Hope you're ok.'

I didn't respond. He sent one later in the evening saying 'Please call me *petname*.' But I didn't.

I then got two further messages in the evening saying that he missed me, he'd been having nightmares about what he's done to me, that he doesn't want us to be unhappy and can't keep hurting me anymore. All he wants is to hear my voice. He hasn't seen anyone else and has no interest. He loves me and always has'. Another one saying 'It broke my heart to delete the photos on instagram of you. I'm a broken man from what has happened'.

I didn't respond still as I just had no idea what to say or how to react. I haven't heard anything from him since then (Sunday evening). I thought he might send something further, but he didn't so I decided to cave and said 'My number is xx if you want to call. Hope you're ok.'

I sent that this morning and no response. I know I'm overthinking but I am so worried that maybe he has changed his mind and won't call me - just like he did before. I'm so scared, all I want is to get back together and work things out. This whole thing is really killing me.

What do you guys think from an outsiders perspective? Thanks in advance for any responses! I really appreciate it.
Original post by heybabez
Me and my ex were in a relationship for 5 years until about 3 weeks ago.

Long story short, we'd been arguing for a while due to lots of outside stress factors, including having to move back in with our parents as he had money problems and we couldn't afford to live together anymore. This left us with a LDR, a dog in between houses, added stress of who moves where, where is the money coming from, etc and instead of being a team, he has often taken out the frustrations on me and we were bringing out the worst in each other.

After months of arguing, we had a talk to sort everything out and agreed we would be there for each other, that our situation wasn't forever and we loved each other so would see it out. The day after having this talk, I found messages on our shared laptop indicating that he had been texting another girl he had met a few days before and had taken her out on a date. When I confronted him, he freaked, turned it on me and then ignored me when I tried to call him. We didn't speak to each other for over 2 weeks.

He contacted me on Sunday through email (I think he deleted my number, as I deleted his, too) saying 'Hey *petname*, can you call me later in the week when you're free. Hope you're ok.'

I didn't respond. He sent one later in the evening saying 'Please call me *petname*.' But I didn't.

I then got two further messages in the evening saying that he missed me, he'd been having nightmares about what he's done to me, that he doesn't want us to be unhappy and can't keep hurting me anymore. All he wants is to hear my voice. He hasn't seen anyone else and has no interest. He loves me and always has'. Another one saying 'It broke my heart to delete the photos on instagram of you. I'm a broken man from what has happened'.

I didn't respond still as I just had no idea what to say or how to react. I haven't heard anything from him since then (Sunday evening). I thought he might send something further, but he didn't so I decided to cave and said 'My number is xx if you want to call. Hope you're ok.'

I sent that this morning and no response. I know I'm overthinking but I am so worried that maybe he has changed his mind and won't call me - just like he did before. I'm so scared, all I want is to get back together and work things out. This whole thing is really killing me.

What do you guys think from an outsiders perspective? Thanks in advance for any responses! I really appreciate it.

sounds to me that he wants closure to where you guys stand currently
Reply 2
Original post by Arvin Bhambra
sounds to me that he wants closure to where you guys stand currently

Yeah I am sure he does, I just wonder if he wants me back judging that his messages were sad and sounds like he is in a bad place. I just haven't heard anything since Sunday, sent that email this morning and he hasn't responded. Hopefully he is just waiting until I finish work to call me.
Reply 3
Last time I didnt talk to my main for 2 weeks straight, I was banging another girl every other night:colondollar:. I would suggest you allow him. Theres bare man out here. Find one that you would prefer instead.
Original post by heybabez
Yeah I am sure he does, I just wonder if he wants me back judging that his messages were sad and sounds like he is in a bad place. I just haven't heard anything since Sunday, sent that email this morning and he hasn't responded. Hopefully he is just waiting until I finish work to call me.

think he wants you back
Reply 5
"It broke my heart to delete the photos on instagram of you" LMAO such a 21st century thing to say

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending