The Student Room Group

Feminism is needed.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Screwsocietyy
Women get paid less than men.

Are you serious? I find it really annoying when people argue this point.
The only reason women footballers get paid less than men is because they, overall, have less fans than male footballers.

The pay of footballers all come down to how much attention they attract.
The only way to increase the pay of female footballers is to increase the attention given to them. Things are not as black and white as some people think it is. You can't just 'increase' the pay to make it equal as their male counterpart.
Most areas.

For example football. Women are banned from being in the same team as men.

Holy crap. it's almost like sexual dimorphism is a thing
Original post by Hannah003
Women who don't support feminism are stupid

dont impose your views on others and force them to uphold your own standards, you people are the worst tbh
Is it not super obvious this guy is a troll yet? Look at the past threads he's made.

I fell for the bait earlier, just stop responding.
Original post by lolatmaths
dont impose your views on others and force them to uphold your own standards, you people are the worst tbh

Why on earth wouldn't you want equality for both genders though?
I like this title so much, no idea why.

Posted from TSR Mobile

They aren't 'standards' they are basic human rights
Original post by SargentZenj2
Thats true. In the 1st world it has almost no use at all.

Yes because things like the tampon tax and the pink tax aren't sexist at all being cause in it exists in a first world country. Also women are payed on average 78% compared to men so yes wage equality does exist.

Of course i want equality, but im an Egalitarian. What feminism stands for in the modern world is poisonous and only raises a few issues in society.

Here's an epitome of modern day feminism:
[video="youtube;MNH0bmYT7os"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNH0bmYT7os[/video]
Reply 29
Of course i want equality, but im an Egalitarian. What feminism stands for in the modern world is poisonous and only raises a few issues in society.

Here's an epitome of modern day feminism:
[video="youtube;MNH0bmYT7os"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNH0bmYT7os[/video]

Don't forget
image.jpeg

Someone should get milo to discuss this topic with them
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by joecphillips
Don't forget
image.jpeg

Someone should get milo to discuss this topic with them

Oh. My. God.

I dont want to sound overdramatic but feminism is promoting a culture that all men are predatory, sexist, primitive perverts. Feminism is dangerous.
Reply 31
Oh. My. God.

I dont want to sound overdramatic but feminism is promoting a culture that all men are predatory, sexist, primitive perverts. Feminism is dangerous.

It is there are a few non crazies left but these are starting to disappear.
Oh. My. God.

Well in a culture where 11 people are raped an hour ( mostly women) and 1 in 5 women above the age of 16 have been sexually assaulted in their lives ( just in the uk) maybe we should be thinking of men as 'predatory, sexist, primitive perverts' because that's safer than letting them treat women as 'meat' or as an outlet for their 'sexual desires'.
Original post by Eliis8943
Well in a culture where 11 people are raped an hour ( mostly women) and 1 in 5 women above the age of 16 have been sexually assaulted in their lives ( just in the uk) maybe we should be thinking of men as 'predatory, sexist, primitive perverts' because that's safer than letting them treat women as 'meat' or as an outlet for their 'sexual desires'.

do tell me what you, as a feminist do to combat this apart from hate on men?

And you think victimising and generalising all men is going to stop rapes? no. Because that's what feminism is about. Its bitching about it and making rash comments without offering a practical solution.

Once again you're highlighting the stigma that feminism has created upon men.

And you think victimising and generalising all men is going to stop rapes? no. Because that's what feminism is about. Its bitching about it and making rash comments without offering a practical solution.

Let me tell you one thing, I do not class myself as a feminist because I do acknowledge my hatred for men however I still think I have a right to voice my views on this topic as you do. We live in a society where being a ****boy and a man whore is more social exceptable than a girl being a prude or a slut. Feminism hasn't created any stigma, men don't believe that they have had a privilege and refuse to have it taken away from them. I don't class my self a feminist because I hate men for what they are portraying themselves to be.

Oh and practical solution? Men should be taught to keep it in their pants.. Easy
Let me tell you one thing, I do not class myself as a feminist because I do acknowledge my hatred for men however I still think I have a right to voice my views on this topic as you do. We live in a society where being a ****boy and a man whore is more social exceptable than a girl being a prude or a slut. Feminism hasn't created any stigma, men don't believe that they have had a privilege and refuse to have it taken away from them. I don't class my self a feminist because I hate men for what they are portraying themselves to be.

Im assuming you're a lesbian or got cheated on because i dont know where your irrational hatred for men is coming from. But no, you're views very much mirror that of third-wave feminist.

there's two things that an Egalitarianism and feminism is against: Slut shaming and misogny as a result of beauty standards.

funny thing is that your point is actually not necessarily men vs women. Women yourselves impose such standards on yourselves and accept the "****boys". Do talk some sense and be a little less emotional and a little more pragmatic.

Egalitarianism stands for getting rid off unequal social standards (created by both men and women, funny that), third wave feminism stands for petty things like "Video games are sexist" or "The AC is sexist"

Oh and practical solution? Men should be taught to keep it in their pants.. Easy

You keep doing it. Make disgusting generalisations as usual. We should be taught? Still under the assumption that we're all out to abuse you? Keep victimising men, that's all feminists do.

Women get off lightly when they sexually abuse others and men get much tougher sentencing in courts. The law institutionally discriminates against men. Oh the irony of it all.
Women who don't support feminism are stupid

whites who don’t support the KKK are stupid.

because muslims commit most terrorists, we should think of them as ‘terrorists, perverts, and extremists'
Most areas.

For example football. Women are banned from being in the same team as men.

People like you give the movement a terrible name.
Original post by frankielogue
whites who don’t support the KKK are stupid

I don't know if you're actually being serious here... but how can you liken the feminist movement - defined as "the advocacy of women's rights on the ground of the equality of the sexes" to the KKK, which aimed to suppress the power of blacks and was based on the belief that whites were greater than blacks?

Quick Reply

Latest