The Student Room Group

Ironically the Vote Remain camp is far more backward than Vote Leave

Telegraph have an article basically saying typical Vote Leave voter looks like this:

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/02/02/article-2550377-1B24387000000578-929_634x655.jpg

and the typical Vote Remain voter looks like this:

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQdG-q5ABioOZQap8Um__H-JKU7SSb0O_coN1Qh6HH4y11xo1uuLA

At first glance, if asked who would you assume is "traditional, conservative, close-minded" you'd probably say the man, and conversely would assume the woman is "progressive, liberal, open-minded", but ironically it's the Vote Remain camp who are the more backward.

The reason being that the mindset that rules most of the Vote Remain supporters is the same mindset that has seen hundreds of species & human cultures become extinct throughout the millennia - an irrational fear of change and unwillingness / inability to adapt.

Vote Remain campaign is mostly about trying to debunk arguments of Vote Leave, rather than giving any substantial reasons why being in EU is a positive thing. Anyway, you can see both sides of argument summarised here:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/05/30/concern-over-immigration-delivers-a-significant-poll-boost-to-th/
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Its hardly irrational when not one brexiter can tell us how Britain will be when we leave.

/thread
Reply 2
Original post by lolatmaths
Its hardly irrational when not one brexiter can tell us how Britain will be when we leave.

/thread

What are you even saying? You are literally talking babble and trying to come across as like some intelligent critical thinker lol

I pose the same question to you - answer me how will Britain be if we stay in the EU?

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 3
lmao this is so petty.
Original post by Nidhoggr
What are you even saying? You are literally talking babble and trying to come across as like some intelligent critical thinker lol

Ok, answer me how will Britain be if we stay in the EU?

Spoiler

It's easy to see how life would be in the EU but Britain leaving is mere speculations loosely based of certain assumptions here and there.
Just because i want to remain doesn't mean i'm a woman god dammit
I'm not sure quoting the DM and then describing other people as backwards is the most convincing argument.
Reply 7
This has to be the mother of all ad hominem arguments.
We won't know how Britain will be if we leave the EU, but we do know what it's like now. The EU helps us so much and is indispensable. We're not a country that can survive independent of the EU like Switzerland can, no matter how much we'd like to think we are. We're just not that great.
Reply 9
Original post by poundsoffat
Just because i want to remain doesn't mean i'm a woman god dammit

Actually it does.

http://cdn.redalertpolitics.com/files/2016/01/racists-rapists.jpg

Someone had a good video on here a couple days back basically about how women dont care about loyalty to the tribe and "will go wherever the strongest men are", which is one reason why you are seeing all the liberal and feminized political parties in Europe enacting policies to allow all these brutish immigrants into their countries.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 10
Original post by 999tigger
I'm not sure quoting the DM and then describing other people as backwards is the most convincing argument.

The DM? What are you talking about? Can you read?
At first glance, if asked who would you assume is "traditional, conservative, close-minded" you'd probably say the man, and conversely would assume the woman is "progressive, liberal, open-minded", but ironically it's the Vote Remain camp who are the more backward.

The reason being that the mindset that rules most of the Vote Remain supporters is the same mindset that has seen hundreds of species & human cultures become extinct throughout the millennia - an irrational fear of change and unwillingness / inability to adapt.

Generally, yes. The average leave voter is more likely to be traditional and conservative than the average remain voter.

Open or closed minded? That depends. Have any opinion polls been done on the reasons as to why remain/leave voters intend to vote that way?

What fears are you thinking of and why do you think they are irrational?
Actually it does.

http://cdn.redalertpolitics.com/files/2016/01/racists-rapists.jpg

Someone had a good video on here a couple days back basically about how women dont care about loyalty to the tribe and "will go wherever the strongest men are", which is one reason why you are seeing all the liberal and feminized political parties in Europe enacting policies to allow all these brutish immigrants into their countries.

yet this doesn't change the fact i'm not a woman

Spoiler

The DM? What are you talking about? Can you read?

DM= Daily Mail.
Reply 14
Original post by tanyapotter
We won't know how Britain will be if we leave the EU, but we do know what it's like now. The EU helps us so much and is indispensable. We're not a country that can survive independent of the EU like Switzerland can, no matter how much we'd like to think we are. We're just not that great.

Britain is the 5th strongest economy in the world. Switzerland is 20th. By your logic, if Switzerland can do just fine without the EU, then Britain would do fine multiple times over.

Stop making empty statements like "the EU is so great; it helps us so much" and start providing facts place.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 15
Original post by 999tigger
DM= Daily Mail.

I know what the DM is. My post has no reference to the DM.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 16
DM?
Doctor Martens?
Britain is the 5th strongest economy in the world. Switzerland is 20th. By your logic, if Switzerland can do just fine without the EU, then Britain would do fine multiple times over.

Stop making empty statements like "the EU is so great; it helps us so much" and start providing facts place.

It's great and we need it, end of
Original post by tanyapotter
It's great and we need it, end of

Its not like half the brexiters are voting leave because "the immigrants are stealing our jobs"...
Reply 19
Original post by lolatmaths
Its not like half the brexiters are voting leave because "the immigrants are stealing our jobs"...

Immigrants are actually stealing jobs though.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending