How would we react today if Harambe the gorilla killed the little boy

Poll

Would Harambe be put down

Would Harambe face the firing squad? Why/Why not? Discuss

Scroll to see replies

The mother of the kid will still get the sticking
Well my judgement based on the retarded facebook comments

Gorilla life > human life

So people wouldn't care no where near as much.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by TaintedLight
Would Harambe face the firing squad? Why/Why not? Discuss

I saw the video thing, and I honestly don't understand why people are mad about the gorilla being killed...?

So people would rather the child to be killed over the gorilla? Animal's mentality can change so quick, the boy could have been gone within seconds. Sorry but what else could have been done?
It shouldn't do because it is a wild animal in a zoo and its in its nature to do such a thing. If it did get killed then that would be out of "justice" and would be absolutely disgusting.
Original post by romansholiday
I saw the video thing, and I honestly don't understand why people are mad about the gorilla being killed...?

So people would rather the child to be killed over the gorilla? Animal's mentality can change so quick, the boy could have been gone within seconds. Sorry but what else could have been done?

This doesn't answer the OP. Care to try again?
Reply 6
Well the first cause is the parents who failed to look after their son properly
#gorillalivesmatter

Posted from TSR Mobile
I remember a 20 year old kid falling into a tiger pit in a zoo in India last year. Unfortunately he faced a cruel death. And the tigers and zoo officials lived on with their lives.
Ok so the gorilla was actually PROTECTING the child which the PARENTS should've done. Like how careless could you be to let your child out of sight like that omf. Also, Zoos are disgusting in general tbh but I don't want to get into that rn.
Original post by notnotbob
Well the first cause is the parents who failed to look after their son properly

Original post by Mrs.Grey
Ok so the gorilla was actually PROTECTING the child which the PARENTS should've done. Like how careless could you be to let your child out of sight like that omf. Also, Zoos are disgusting in general tbh but I don't want to get into that rn.

Ever briefly wondered off from your parents in the supermarket, at the park...? Hurt yourself when your mother momentarily had her head turned? I'm willing to bet you have. What parent can honestly lay claim to their children never having been in an accident or never doing something dumb when they were out of view for a second? Accidents happen - it's the nature of parenting. But now people are getting all high and mighty, concocting ideal scenarios in hindsight and scolding the parents for not being perfect.

As for the second comment, Gorillas are unpredictable. One second he's stroking the child, the next he's torn his arm off. The keepers couldn't take that risk, and everyone would be blaming them for NOT shooting if the worst happened.
Original post by Dandaman1
Ever briefly wondered off from your parents in the supermarket, at the park...? Hurt yourself when your mother momentarily had her head turned? I'm willing to bet you have. What parent can honestly lay claim to their children never having been in an accident or never doing something dumb when they were out of view for a second? Accidents happen - it's the nature of parenting. But now people are getting all high and mighty, concocting ideal scenarios in hindsight and scolding the parents for not being perfect.

As for the second comment, Gorillas are unpredictable. One second he's stroking the child, the next he's torn his arm off. The keepers couldn't take that risk, and everyone would be blaming them for NOT shooting if the worst happened.

wel y'know at a zoo you have dangerous animals, at the supermarket the dangers aren't so great....
Original post by Kraixo
Well my judgement based on the retarded facebook comments

Gorilla life > human life

So people wouldn't care no where near as much.

Those people on Facebook probably don't give a damn about gorillas. They only like to get angry.

In three weeks time, they will completely forget about this story. The entire notion of gorilla welfare won't exist in their heads, just like one week ago when the shooting hadn't yet occurred
Shocking
wel y'know at a zoo you have dangerous animals, at the supermarket the dangers aren't so great....

In cages and behind barriers. Most people don't expect their kid to be able to get in. But here one happened to slip through a barrier, just as his mother turned her head to talk to her husband, for all we know. Everyday benign behavior we wouldn't normally crucify people for.

Next time you walk through a Zoo, try and find a parent that honestly has their eyes fixated on their child every passing second.
In cages and behind barriers. Most people don't expect their kid to be able to get in. But here one happened to slip through a barrier, just as his mother turned her head to talk to her husband, for all we know. Everyday benign behavior we wouldn't normally crucify people for.

Next time you walk through a Zoo, try and find a parent that honestly has their eyes fixated on their child every passing second.

But the chance that something bad happens to them in the supermarket is much less than in a zoo, yes there's always risks but who's consequences are worse? the Zoo's of course
Original post by romansholiday

My Mum said the same thing as you, but I guess it comes down to whether or not you think human life is in and of itself worth more than an animal's life. I don't, so it is not at all obvious to me that the gorilla should have been put down over the boy. I strongly believe the gorilla should have been tranquilised - I know they didn't do that because they didn't think they could wait that long, which I disagree with - and then wait to see what happened.
But the chance that something bad happens to them in the supermarket is much less than in a zoo, yes there's always risks but who's consequences are worse? the Zoo's of course

Honestly the biggest risk for a child at the zoo, statistically, is a kidnapper. And I believe they lurk in supermarkets too.
Honestly the biggest risk for a child at the zoo, statistically, is a kidnapper. And I believe they lurk in supermarkets too.

not denying that they don't but tbh it really was silly of the parent in the first place shoudl've kept a better eye on them
Reply 19
I don't understand why the gorilla couldn't have been shot with a tranquilliser rather than shot dead?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending