The Student Room Group

OCR 21st Century A Science Coursework 2015-2017

To the people taking their GCSEs in 2017, do you have all of the coursework titles? I know:

Biology - factors that affect breathing rate
Physics - resistance in wires
Chemistry - ?

If anyone knows the chemistry title for OCR 21st Century A Science then please say, because our school is going through it so slowly, and we might not finish the normal curriculum in time if we don't hurry with our coursework
I think it's 'Sweets to cool and refresh'. Our school is in the exact same position as you... Roll on manic after school catch-ups! :/
Hi - thanks, what sort of things do you have to do/know for the chemistry coursework?
Original post by aaliyahrenee
Hi - thanks, what sort of things do you have to do/know for the chemistry coursework?

They may all be different because your schools can choose from a couple of tasks.
Our school is doing OCR Twenty First Century A, however, our coursework is completely different to yours.
Original post by Daydreamer3
Our school is doing OCR Twenty First Century A, however, our coursework is completely different to yours.

Oh, I didn't realise. Thanks anyway
Hi,

Im doing my exams in 2017 and I'm taking ocr 21st century science.

I did two pieces on physics and one on chemistry.

The two physics ones were on 'the resistance of a wire' and the other one for physics is to do with the danger of mobile phones.

The chemistry one is about whether radiation travels. You basically set up yhermometers at set distances and see how far it is before the heat stops travelling from your radiation source (for me was a bunsen burner) and talk about whether radiation really does travel or not.

Hope this helps
To the people taking their GCSEs in 2017, do you have all of the coursework titles? I know:

Chemistry - ?

If anyone knows the chemistry title for OCR 21st Century A Science then please say, because our school is going through it so slowly, and we might not finish the normal curriculum in time if we don't hurry with our coursework

Im doing the same as you finished Physics and Chemistry as I had an amazing group we we're the first to finish but behind in Biology because my group has some deadweight. I think chem is how Different factors affect the rate of reaction between Calcium Carbonate chips and HCL Acid, I think, not sure.
Original post by Popsiclez
Im doing the same as you finished Physics and Chemistry as I had an amazing group we we're the first to finish but behind in Biology because my group has some deadweight. I think chem is how Different factors affect the rate of reaction between Calcium Carbonate chips and HCL Acid, I think, not sure.

Yeah that is what my school did for chemistry as well and what revision guide are you using for OCR 21st century?
Original post by Daydreamer3
Yeah that is what my school did for chemistry as well and what revision guide are you using for OCR 21st century?

I haven't really been using guides, I've been going through my science textbooks making notes for all the Sections like C1 C2 and so on, and I've been using bitesize and watching videos, and past papers, Next week I'm gonna go buy some CGP books. But I mainly want to get an A in Biology and in Chem so I can do it for A Levels, as I'm interested in doing both for A-Levels.

Chemistry - ?

I have the exact same courseworks as you- i know this doesnt answer your question but how did you write the high controlled part of the biology coursework? im currently on that part now but really struggling.
Thank You!x
Original post by Natashiex
I have the exact same courseworks as you- i know this doesnt answer your question but how did you write the high controlled part of the biology coursework? im currently on that part now but really struggling.
Thank You!x

I know its really difficult to think of things because of how simple the controlled assessment is I literally just talked about everything we did how we did it, used scientific terminology. Subject. Independent variable, dependent variable, control, reliability, accuracy, repeatability and etc.

Basically just talk about your method and why you did what you did for each part and explain how this will help your investigation, then talked about things I can improve and things I could've done differently. Then next talk about my table, if there are outliers suggested a reaosn why there could've been an outlier explained why it was an outlier, talked about my confidence in my results and how I set it out. And for the graph I basically compared my graph to three pieces of secondary data, talked about the error bars, the correlation seen, tested my quantitative prediction, explained if I was confident in it when comparing it to other results, and made an overall comment, going back to my hypothesis.

Chemistry and Physics I got in the bag but Biology it was so much more simple the task that I was expecting that its hard to think about things to write, so I think I didnt do well in my Biology controlled assessment in comparison to the other two.

Chemistry - ?

Those were the exact same topics for our controlled assessments in Science. The Chemistry topic was about factors which affect the rate of a reaction, although it may be different for you (unlikely as the Biology and Physics topics were the same).

Quick Reply

Latest