The Student Room Group

A2 edexcel geo Unit 3

I need help!!
Ive been doing timed papers and i just cannot finish them in time
has anyone got any tips about this paper?

Also how do you guys feel about the superpower geographies being section B??
Reply 1
I'm going to spend 15 minutes on the 10 markers ( 5 min plan, 10 min writing) and 20 minutes on the 15 markers. Then the rest will be spent on section B but the breakdown will depend on the number of marks each question ends up being.

I really hoped it wouldn't be superpowers but that's because we didn't learn it properly as opposed to it being a bad topic. I don't understand how you're meant to answer section B questions though and we've only ever done one practice for it (same for unit4) so I don't see this exam going very well tbh.
Reply 2
Original post by Manexopi
I'm going to spend 15 minutes on the 10 markers ( 5 min plan, 10 min writing) and 20 minutes on the 15 markers. Then the rest will be spent on section B but the breakdown will depend on the number of marks each question ends up being.

I really hoped it wouldn't be superpowers but that's because we didn't learn it properly as opposed to it being a bad topic. I don't understand how you're meant to answer section B questions though and we've only ever done one practice for it (same for unit4) so I don't see this exam going very well tbh.

Aww haha thats a shame in any mock ive done for super powers ive got As and i just stick to a basic structure of breaking it down with the 4 pillars (Economic, cultural, geograpical and military) which can work for most of the questions, If that helps!
But yeah im not so sure bout section b either because the questions are all based on the pre release and i havent looked at it in class with my teacher so hopefully its not to difficult

which topic are you doing for unit 4? :wink:
Reply 3
Original post by Sabah97
Aww haha thats a shame in any mock ive done for super powers ive got As and i just stick to a basic structure of breaking it down with the 4 pillars (Economic, cultural, geograpical and military) which can work for most of the questions, If that helps!
But yeah im not so sure bout section b either because the questions are all based on the pre release and i havent looked at it in class with my teacher so hopefully its not to difficult

which topic are you doing for unit 4? :wink:

What do you mean by geographical? We've never done these 4 pillars so I'm a little confused :colondollar:

I'm doing tectonics, you?
Reply 4
Original post by Manexopi
What do you mean by geographical? We've never done these 4 pillars so I'm a little confused :colondollar:

I'm doing tectonics, you?

the 4 pillars are like the backbone to what makes a nation become a super power and so if you can i think you should try and learn them.
Ive found this like revision sheet that is really good to help a bit: http://sweetnesspup.blogspot.ch/2014/03/edexcel-geography-a2-superpower.html
I expect also that there could be a question about the different political status of both india and china as the pre release was quite focused on this.

Im also doing tectonic. Landscape is good because it is easy to write about but there is just so much its hard to finish in the time frame.. plus all the diagrams! O.o
I with is was on causes though
Reply 5
Original post by Sabah97
the 4 pillars are like the backbone to what makes a nation become a super power and so if you can i think you should try and learn them.
Ive found this like revision sheet that is really good to help a bit: http://sweetnesspup.blogspot.ch/2014/03/edexcel-geography-a2-superpower.html
I expect also that there could be a question about the different political status of both india and china as the pre release was quite focused on this.

Im also doing tectonic. Landscape is good because it is easy to write about but there is just so much its hard to finish in the time frame.. plus all the diagrams! O.o
I with is was on causes though

Oh , we have done this but I don't think we called them pillars. Thank you anyways!
Having a political question would be really unfair imo. I would assume they would combine it with something like the economy tbh. I think they will ask about the extent to which India/China can be considered/will be superpowers and I was thinking their different political systems/gov will be useful there.

Quick Reply

Latest