Original post by Nullisgod
Would colleges be impressed witj students that have hacking skills

I would think its a technical skill, however it may depend on the course
Reply 2

What kind of hacking skills?
Reply 3
like gov sites, online game accounts, SSLstrip, sql injection wiresharkin Ratting cracking ports nd stuff
Original post by e2wgwegwe
like gov sites, online game accounts, SSLstrip, sql injection wiresharkin Ratting cracking ports nd stuff

It's not that deep.

What you're mentioning isn't too difficult to do at all.
Reply 5
Original post by Federerr
It's not that deep.

What you're mentioning isn't too difficult to do at all.

Hacking is f*cking gay anyway
A lot of people can do it but it's illegal I'm afraid doing so without the permission or attempting to or gaining unauthorised access...
Original post by tammio
Hacking is f*cking gay anyway

It's meh.

When you get into it, it's really fun.

Other then that it's not that deep.
Reply 8

hacking isn't that skilful in 99% of cases, almost anyone can do it.
Original post by tammio
hacking isn't that skilful in 99% of cases, almost anyone can do it.

Can you hack?
No one serious would take you very seriously. A lot of "hackers" are merely script kiddies who are willing but only so able. Few people are willing and able. Most people are not willing whether technically able or not.

Even of the "hackers" that are "willing" they quickly get into other things such as actually making websites rather than breaking websites.
Original post by Kryptonian
Can you hack?

I can, I have and I can tell you that you don't have to be a genius to hack.

I didn't get that into it though because I was more interested in playing games and then making games. I got into it trying to find out what was going on with all of those cheaters.

If you want to hack specific targets you need to be leet. Some things are effectively impenetrable. However if you want to simply hack whatever you can there is a forest of low hanging fruit. There's always going to be someone out there who does things or develops things that are flawed for any number of reasons. They might be underpaid, stupid, inexperienced, lazy, rushing, have too much faith in humanity, think it'll never happen and so on. The web connects everything, you can search the whole world from your bedroom for the stupid mistakes people make.

In that sense, >= 90% of people can hack.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by MrControversial

I didn't get that into it though because I was more interested in playing games and then making games. I go into it trying to find out what was going on with all of those cheaters.

If you want to hack specific targets you need to be leet. Some things are effectively impenetrable. However if you want to simply hack whatever you can there is a forest of low hanging fruit. There's always going to be someone out there who does things or develops things that are flawed for any number of reasons. They might be underpaid, stupid, inexperienced, lazy, rushing, have too much faith in humanity, think it'll never happen and so on. The web connects everything, you can search the whole world from your bedroom for the stupid mistakes people make.

That was an interesting read. Thank you for your response. :smile:
Original post by MrControversial

I didn't get that into it though because I was more interested in playing games and then making games. I got into it trying to find out what was going on with all of those cheaters.

That sounds like the main one :biggrin: Though if working for a large organisation especially, you'd be working on a small part of the project, which could cause errors elsewhere. I'm not a software person, but I'm aware that you can accidentally introduce more bugs to the system, which could mean for further vulnerabilities.

(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest