The Student Room Group

Feminism is needed.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Eliis8943
Let me tell you one thing, I do not class myself as a feminist because I do acknowledge my hatred for men however I still think I have a right to voice my views on this topic as you do. We live in a society where being a ****boy and a man whore is more social exceptable than a girl being a prude or a slut. Feminism hasn't created any stigma, men don't believe that they have had a privilege and refuse to have it taken away from them. I don't class my self a feminist because I hate men for what they are portraying themselves to be.

Ive been called a Fboy bare time. Ive even been on "bait out fboys" instagram pages LOOOOL So loads of girls know that. But that doesnt stop them from allowing me to link beat delete (london talk). Even though my intentions are pretty clear, is it still my fault these girls end up hurt?
Original post by grace143
I don't know if you're actually being serious here... but how can you liken the feminist movement - defined as "the advocacy of women's rights on the ground of the equality of the sexes" to the KKK, which aimed to suppress the power of blacks and was based on the belief that whites were greater than blacks?

1.) 3rd wave feminism suppresses men
2.) It may be on the grounds, however it may not always act like that. The Nazis claimed jews were oppressing the aryans
Original post by frankielogue
1.) 3rd wave feminism suppresses men
2.) It may be on the grounds, however it may not always act like that. The Nazis claimed jews were oppressing the aryans

You keep making unfounded, extreme comparisons ... most feminists (depending on your definition of the word) simply believe that women should be seen as the mental and emotional equals of men - it is not as if these women want to "oppress" men like the Nazis. I mean surely you see the irrelevance of this comparison.
Reply 43
Original post by Screwsocietyy
Most areas.

For example football. Women are banned from being in the same team as men.

So men are allowed in women football teams?😂

No offwnce, but pwople (including women) pay more to watch mens football then womens football. FACT!
Original post by DiddyDec
Which areas?

His imagination.
Original post by poundsoffat
this fundraiser was made by the Amazing Atheist

yeah fine, but he's a nob
Yes.

Some women are actually better than men at football and that is a fact.

The best men will be better than the best women. Also women's privilege prohibits them from a role in football. Football can be a rough game. You can't be rough with women.
If I want to succeed then I will work hard for it
feminism is needed so i can make more memes
I completely agree with the person who said women who don't support feminism are stupid. You clearly don't know what feminism is about. I don't know why people are so offended by feminism or think it's doing some sort of wrong for society. I don't know any feminists that hate men, that's ridiculous. Someone please tell me, what is so offensive? Feminism is simply about equality and supporting and empowering women, especially disadvantaged women. You are one of the most privileged women in the world to be sitting in your nice first world house with a computer and your literacy skills writing on this forum. The majority of the women in the world are not this privileged. Feminism has come so far in the first world and that is sooo great, but can we just take a minute to come out of our western bubble and see that we need to speak for women in other countries that do need feminism? In certain countries you will be blamed if you are raped, you will be arrested for not covering yourself, you are not allowed to drive, you will only have the choice of having children as your future, you will not be allowed to learn how to read and write, you will be circumcised when you are a little girl. Did you know that 98% of women in Somaliland get their genitals mutilated?
And feminism isn't important?
juan > feminism
women are still treated like second class citizens in most areas

Obvious troll is obvious.

Men are the second class citizens in western society, and now we have a mass pussyfication of western society.

Just look at the state the Nordic countries and Germany are in.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lehcarbat
I completely agree with the person who said women who don't support feminism are stupid. You clearly don't know what feminism is about. I don't know why people are so offended by feminism or think it's doing some sort of wrong for society. I don't know any feminists that hate men, that's ridiculous. Someone please tell me, what is so offensive? Feminism is simply about equality and supporting and empowering women, especially disadvantaged women. You are one of the most privileged women in the world to be sitting in your nice first world house with a computer and your literacy skills writing on this forum. The majority of the women in the world are not this privileged. Feminism has come so far in the first world and that is sooo great, but can we just take a minute to come out of our western bubble and see that we need to speak for women in other countries that do need feminism? In certain countries you will be blamed if you are raped, you will be arrested for not covering yourself, you are not allowed to drive, you will only have the choice of having children as your future, you will not be allowed to learn how to read and write, you will be circumcised when you are a little girl. Did you know that 98% of women in Somaliland get their genitals mutilated?

Lol mate tl;Dr

But no, modern day feminism represents none of the things you mentioned.

Modern day feminism is all about having all of the benefits of equality, but none of the costs.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hannah003
Women who don't support feminism are stupid

I am a woman and I do not support feminism. How am I stupid?
Original post by lehcarbat

That is all well and good, however what has modern-day feminism in the West actually done for women in third world countries?
Original post by sarkrista112
I am a woman and I do not support feminism. How am I stupid?

why don't you want equality??
why don't you want equality??

When did I say I never wanted equality? If people are so hell bent on labels, I guess you could call me a humanist.
G8 b8 m8. I r8 8/8
Original post by sarkrista112
When did I say I never wanted equality? If people are so hell bent on labels, I guess you could call me a humanist.

maybe feminist wasnt the best word they could come up with for equality
maybe feminist wasnt the best word they could come up with for equality

I have a strong dislike for what modern feminism has descended into. By definition, of course it is the equality between both sexes, however it is very one sided, and that's something I do not subscribe to.

Quick Reply

Latest