The Student Room Group

CCEA GCSE exams 2016 *official only CCEA thread*

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JMK1606
Does anyone have a mock mark scheme for the ccea t4 maths paper? Also did everyone find it kinda hard, or was it just me? Kicked myself at some of the questions (realised how to do the rectangles on the way home) but hopefully I'll secure a good grade with t6 tommorow and then Further Maths on the 16th and 23rd

If you go back a few pages there is answers to about 9 questions. And I did find it quite hard, but I've still got T6 and further maths so gotta keep going
Original post by chemnerd4life
You need to get a piece of tracing paper (provided in the exam) and set in on your grid. Try to keep the edge of the tracing paper along one of the grid lines to keep it straight as this will make it more accurate. Using a pencil trace your shape onto the tracing paper and put your pencil onto the centre of rotation(if will say this in the question).
If it is 90 degrees clockwise turn your piece of tracing paper 1/4 turn to the right keeping your pencil on the same spot. You will know it's 90 degrees as the edge of your tracing paper will be along your grid lines again. Do the same thing for 180 degrees put turn the paper right round. For anti-clockwise rotations turn the tracing paper to the left. When you have rotated it then draw the shape onto the grid on you exam paper :smile: hope I helped!

Oh my thank you so much!! I didn't know we got tracing paper and was trying to work out how you did it without it:s-smilie: Ahahahah bless you sm
What do you think the harder questions at the end of the T6 papers will be on? Hoping it's probability!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Im so nervous for T6 tomorrow. I'm currently learning all the formulas and going over repetitive questions but it's the fact these two exams determine whether or not I'll be able to do a level chemistry! My school has introduced a policy this year where I have to get certain grades in some gcse subjects to be able to do particular a level subjects, so if I want to do chemistry I have to get an A in gcse chem (which I'm not worried about) and an A in maths (which I'm terrified for because I really don't see it happening). I was 9 marks off an A in the T4 paper I sat in January. Has anyone got any ideas on what questions might come up tomorrow?
Original post by chloecam29
Oh my thank you so much!! I didn't know we got tracing paper and was trying to work out how you did it without it:s-smilie: Ahahahah bless you sm

Ah don't worry about it, glad I could help. The tracing paper won't be on your table btw you have to ask for it if you need it 👍🏻
Original post by MeganMcAlister
Im so nervous for T6 tomorrow. I'm currently learning all the formulas and going over repetitive questions but it's the fact these two exams determine whether or not I'll be able to do a level chemistry! My school has introduced a policy this year where I have to get certain grades in some gcse subjects to be able to do particular a level subjects, so if I want to do chemistry I have to get an A in gcse chem (which I'm not worried about) and an A in maths (which I'm terrified for because I really don't see it happening). I was 9 marks off an A in the T4 paper I sat in January. Has anyone got any ideas on what questions might come up tomorrow?

If you need any help with chemistry let me know, I came 4th in my year (not bragging) and I also want to do it at alevel :smile:

If you were able to get a B in T4 then T6 will be alot easier! T6 both calculator and non are relatively easy until the last two questions!
Original post by PatrickOC
What do you think the harder questions at the end of the T6 papers will be on? Hoping it's probability!

Posted from TSR Mobile

There has been quite a mix over the past papers so it's hard to say
If you need any help with chemistry let me know, I came 4th in my year (not bragging) and I also want to do it at alevel :smile:

I love it! It's definitely one of my strongest subjects but I've heard so many mixed views about a level chemistry ahh, we should definitely become chemistry study buddies
Original post by connormc199
If you were able to get a B in T4 then T6 will be alot easier! T6 both calculator and non are relatively easy until the last two questions!

I sometimes find T6 to be harder than T4 :frown: I think it's the fact T4 is all calculator which makes it a bit easier

Our teacher said that curved surface area is a must know. Also fractional algebra didn't come up in t4 at all so it is probably in t6 - hopefully not the last question though I find them hard at the best of times lol.
I love it! It's definitely one of my strongest subjects but I've heard so many mixed views about a level chemistry ahh, we should definitely become chemistry study buddies

Yeah me too, it's quite maths based but I also hope to do a-level maths so hopefully I'll cope okay. And definitely, we'll be doing the exact same course so it will honestly be a great help if we don't hndersatnd certain bits. What other a-levels are you thinking about doing?

Do you have a list of al the formulas we need to know?
Yeah me too, it's quite maths based but I also hope to do a-level maths so hopefully I'll cope okay. And definitely, we'll be doing the exact same course so it will honestly be a great help if we don't hndersatnd certain bits. What other a-levels are you thinking about doing?

I read that 20% of each paper is maths based but I like doing the mole equations we do currently. And i'm thinking of doing psychology and history! If I don't get to do chemistry however i'll definitely do biology. What about you?
I read that 20% of each paper is maths based but I like doing the mole equations we do currently. And i'm thinking of doing psychology and history! If I don't get to do chemistry however i'll definitely do biology. What about you?

I'm think about Maths,Chemistry and ICT. Haven't really decided on a fourth and will probably drop it anyway
Do you guys think 5 days is enough to learn and revise the syllabus for one gcse science??
Any last minute T6 tips? Having a mini freak out 😱
Any last minute T6 tips? Having a mini freak out 😱

Do 5 questions on each major topic from a range of past papers..also, make sure you have learnt the formation of the sin, cos, and tan graphs as people usually forget to revise them!!

Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Do 5 questions on each major topic from a range of past papers..also, make sure you have learnt the formation of the sin, cos, and tan graphs as people usually forget to revise them!!

Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think I've done every paper possible, some even twice. I'm pretty confident with sin and cos graphs but the tan not so much.
One tip I have for anyone sitting T6 tomorrow, is to look the paper up on youtube and there is this channel that goes through each question showing you how to do it for each past paper paper. The videos aren't that long, only a few minutes (each video is a new question) and I think it helps watching them as a lot of the questions are the same just different numbers (estimation, substitution etc).:biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest