The Student Room Group

Can I apply now? Or is it too late?

I am considering applying to uni now to start in September 2016 instead of doing a gap year like originally planned, but I dont know if its too late or not. I havent done anything like written a personal statement or spoken to my teachers because I was planning to do a gap year. It wont be the end of the world if I cant, but I'd really like to. I looked on the UCAS course finder and I was kind of confused because it said something like 'open to applicants starting in september 2016' so I wasnt sure if it meant you can apply in September, or the course starts in September (which it does I assume). Someone help please!!

Also my predicted grades arent as good as I would like, which is why I wanted to do a gap year.
Reply 1
https://www.ucas.com/advisers/getting-started/application-deadlines Apparently you have till the end of this month, but it's not a guarantee the universities will consider you.

If I were you I'd take a gap year, but e-mail the universities you're interested in to see if there's a chance they'd consider you.

What what do you mean predicted grades??? I'm very confused. So you've only just finished your AS or..?
Reply 2
Original post by eden3
https://www.ucas.com/advisers/getting-started/application-deadlines Apparently you have till the end of this month, but it's not a guarantee the universities will consider you.

If I were you I'd take a gap year, but e-mail the universities you're interested in to see if there's a chance they'd consider you.

What what do you mean predicted grades??? I'm very confused. So you've only just finished your AS or..?

Okay I an try and do it this month. I know its not a guarantee but my back up plan is a gap year so its not the end of the world I guess.

No Im doing my a level exams right now, so my last results were my AS exams, and from then I was given a set of predicted grades which would be used to apply for uni with
Reply 3
Original post by Airbear
Okay I an try and do it this month. I know its not a guarantee but my back up plan is a gap year so its not the end of the world I guess.

No Im doing my a level exams right now, so my last results were my AS exams, and from then I was given a set of predicted grades which would be used to apply for uni with

Ah I see. Yeah try and get your reference/personal statement and all of that sorted out before the end of the month. Hopefully you get an offer, and if you don't get the grades you need, it's not the end of the world as you can take a gap year.

Good luck :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by eden3
Ah I see. Yeah try and get your reference/personal statement and all of that sorted out before the end of the month. Hopefully you get an offer, and if you don't get the grades you need, it's not the end of the world as you can take a gap year.

Good luck :smile:

Thank you :smile:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
you've got 5 ucas choices and then extra (before the end of the month) and then clearing, so it's certainly not too late. Email any university before applying to check if they still have places as the ucas search isnt always that accurate.

Quick Reply