The Student Room Group

AQA German GCSE 8th June

How is everyone feeling for this? How are you revising?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Kxjzh
How is everyone feeling for this? How are you revising?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am going to do 2 papers each days, and cover 7 pages of vocab from the spec each day... I kinda left everything late..

How bout you?
Reply 2
Original post by eks85
I am going to do 2 papers each days, and cover 7 pages of vocab from the spec each day... I kinda left everything late..

How bout you?

Wow! You're preparing well! I have no idea to be honest!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by Kxjzh
Wow! You're preparing well! I have no idea to be honest!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well... that's my plan for the half term because I literally took my German for granted, and did not revise.

Why don't you try what I'm doing.

There are some also good resources on get revising..

What other exams you got left??
Reply 4
Original post by eks85
Well... that's my plan for the half term because I literally took my German for granted, and did not revise.

Why don't you try what I'm doing.

There are some also good resources on get revising..

What other exams you got left??

Yeah I will do.
English language, German (obviously!), maths, music, RE and sciences. How about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Memrise and past papers. :tongue:
Tbh I don't think I'll put as much work as I will for my other subjects, as I am quite comfortable with German.

That being said, I did my French exams a few weeks ago having not really revised for them and found that they went worse than I expected.

So I'll probably do some past papers and learn vocab on Memrise or Quizlet or something :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by pixiefuller
Tbh I don't think I'll put as much work as I will for my other subjects, as I am quite comfortable with German.

That being said, I did my French exams a few weeks ago having not really revised for them and found that they went worse than I expected.

So I'll probably do some past papers and learn vocab on Memrise or Quizlet or something :smile:

That sounds good.. for my mock i didnt revise , cause I thought it would be fine and it wasnt :redface:
Reply 8
Original post by Kxjzh
Yeah I will do.
English language, German (obviously!), maths, music, RE and sciences. How about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

sciences, german, geo ,
After the complete mess that was the French exam, I am absolutely terrified for this. Languages were supposed to be my best subjects lol
Reply 10
Original post by lostintrnslation
After the complete mess that was the French exam, I am absolutely terrified for this. Languages were supposed to be my best subjects lol

Aww! Everyone said French was awful! I'm at that point when I honestly do not think I'll pass German so am trying not to care 😂 great attitude to have a week before the exam!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone have any advice? My predicted grade is a B but I think I'll get a C. Which isn't bad because German is my weakest subject but it would be nice to do as well as possible.
Original post by Kxjzh
Aww! Everyone said French was awful! I'm at that point when I honestly do not think I'll pass German so am trying not to care 😂 great attitude to have a week before the exam!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Tbh that's better than being a nervous wreck like I am
Reply 13
Original post by SCameron275
Does anyone have any advice? My predicted grade is a B but I think I'll get a C. Which isn't bad because German is my weakest subject but it would be nice to do as well as possible.

Be careful when you hear, an answer in your listening, don't always put down the first thing you hear.

For opinion question, the tone of the speaker can help, but don't just rely on that.

Learn opinion words, that will help will both papers.

And believe in yourself ..
Reply 14
Original post by lostintrnslation
Tbh that's better than being a nervous wreck like I am

Haha trust me I am! Regardless of how little I try to persuade myself I care, I'll still probably end up in tears in the exam!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by eks85
Be careful when you hear, an answer in your listening, don't always put down the first thing you hear.

For opinion question, the tone of the speaker can help, but don't just rely on that.

Learn opinion words, that will help will both papers.

And believe in yourself ..

Thanks
Quizlet is always the way to go! :biggrin: I love German! :smile:
Reply 17
Original post by SophFlorence
Quizlet is always the way to go! :biggrin: I love German! :smile:

Using quizlet and Memrise!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kxjzh
Using quizlet and Memrise!

Posted from TSR Mobile

True true 🙂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
This time in 4/5 days guys, we're doing this thing! HELP! Any last minute revision tips???

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest