The Student Room Group

What does this conversation exactly mean?

So yesterday my girlfriend of 2 and a half years were messaging each other on WhatsApp and having a conversation and then all of a sudden she stopped talking to me for like 10 minutes.
After 10 minutes, she was like 'hey listen, I think we need to take a break for sometime'. I replied: 'Okay if you say so'. She was like 'That's great, have fun'
What does this whole conversation mean? I'm a bit confused!
Original post by Anonymous
So yesterday my girlfriend of 2 and a half years were messaging each other on WhatsApp and having a conversation and then all of a sudden she stopped talking to me for like 10 minutes.
After 10 minutes, she was like 'hey listen, I think we need to take a break for sometime'. I replied: 'Okay if you say so'. She was like 'That's great, have fun'

If you're confused about the situation, or what happened, it's best to talk to her - unfortunately I don't think anyone on here will be able to give you more insight, and they might well put you on the wrong lines instead.
Unlucky bro. There is another penis involved and shes probably cheatedby the sound of things.
Reply 3
Damn... what happened prior to this? Was everything okay between you two
She's been having doubts for some time and its taken till now to plucck up the courage to say she wants out. O'd go with #2 that theres someone else, although unknown whether shes done anything. The speed of exit leaves doubts as to whether you will get much out of her at the moment if you talk. You can try though.
(edited 7 years ago)
Ooof... any conversation that starts with a 'hey' in that manner is bad news, or so I've found. :getmecoat:

But it's impossible to say really, so you have to ask her.
Probably someone else buddy, sorry to say. I suggest walk away; if you have to have a "break" in a relationship I can't imagine things getting much better, unless she's willing to talk about it.
Reply 7
Original post by Dilsz
Damn... what happened prior to this? Was everything okay between you two

Yeah everything was fine like it was just normal conversation. It seemed like we were having a great time and this happened all of a sudden.
Outside chance she was joking so would get in touch again to clarify.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by Anonymous

Lol mate you're an idiot.

Your gf says she wants to take a break and you say "OK sure".

You do realise " take a break" just means I want to break up with you but I'm too chicken to do it, so just gonna say we should take a break but I don't intend to get back together.

You need to talk to her and be like why daf*q she wanna take a break? Like if she has a problem with you why not just say it to your face instead of coming with this whole take a a break bullsh*t

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think you should definitely talk to her and ask her why she wants a break all of a sudden. Basically you can tell from her reply 'That's great, have fun' that she probably wanted more of a reply from you, maybe to ask her what was wrong. She's pissed about something but wants you to know she's peed off so you can ask her why shes peed off..if that makes sense.
Original post by Nidhoggr
Lol mate you're an idiot.

Your gf says she wants to take a break and you say "OK sure".

You do realise " take a break" just means I want to break up with you but I'm too chicken to do it, so just gonna say we should take a break but I don't intend to get back together.

You need to talk to her and be like why daf*q she wanna take a break? Like if she has a problem with you why not just say it to your face instead of coming with this whole take a a break bullsh*t

Posted from TSR Mobile

Basically that ^^^^
Original post by ssadia202
I think you should definitely talk to her and ask her why she wants a break all of a sudden. Basically you can tell from her reply 'That's great, have fun' that she probably wanted more of a reply from you, maybe to ask her what was wrong. She's pissed about something but wants you to know she's peed off so you can ask her why shes peed off..if that makes sense.

Totally with ssadia here. She's pissed, I bet. Really pissed. Go talk to her.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending