The Student Room Group

Would you become a police informant for money?

Scroll to see replies

Of course, what kind of lunatic wouldn't betray a criminal for money, unless it was their mother or something? Anyone who wouldn't tell the police about a crime committed by someone other than their nuclear family fully deserves to live in the crime-riddled ghetto they probably already live in.
(edited 7 years ago)
How do you know I'm not one already?
Original post by Souljer
Or are you true to the game?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Depends on a lot of factors

-How much money?
-What crime has been committed?
-Do I know the person?
-Do I like the person?
-Do they know where I live/ work?
Original post by 0to100
That's what they all say

I gtg :frown: Talk to you tomorow bruhh, stay strong, and keep bein cool, cyaaaa, byeeeeeee :h::heart::hi:
Depends on the money and what they want information on. Natural inclination is not to tell, but for certain sorts of crimes I would anyway. Potential retribution would be borne in mind.
Reply 25
Original post by Copperknickers
Of course, what kind of lunatic wouldn't betray a criminal for money, unless it was their mother or something? Anyone who wouldn't tell the police about a crime committed by someone other than their nuclear family fully deserves to live in the crime-riddled ghetto they probably already live in.

Simple minded bot, nothing worse than a bot.

Posted from TSR Mobile

The kind that fears very real retaliation...and any area not just the "ghetto" mate
If you report a white collar person who did something horrible, criminally, you'd probably be more afraid of their revenge than a local gang banger or something

Original post by Reachin4TheStars
I gtg :frown: Talk to you tomorow bruhh, stay strong, and keep bein cool, cyaaaa, byeeeeeee :h::heart::hi:

Same to you x
Yes, absolutely.
Original post by 0to100
The kind that fears very real retaliation...and any area not just the "ghetto" mate

If you report a white collar person who did something horrible, criminally, you'd probably be more afraid of their revenge than a local gang banger or something.

The mafia does not operate in my area, "mate", so I don't really fear reprisals if I inform on someone. Anyway, how would they know?
im too bait anyways lol, how much we talking :colonhash:
Reply 30
A rat gets the bat.
The mafia does not operate in my area, "mate", so I don't really fear reprisals if I inform on someone. Anyway, how would they know?

What're you talking about the mafia? I didn't say white collar criminal, I said white collar like a corporate professional who you work for/with but they did something unethical or illegal, a constant issue. And you damn well should fear "reprisals" but judging by your last question I can say you don't have much sense or real world knowledge so you go on and frivolously report crime out of classist bias alone and see what happens to ya eventually.

Organised crime operates everywhere. White collar criminals are also far more likely to have paid off corrupt policeman who turn a blind eye to their activities.
Original post by 0to100
What're you talking about the mafia? I didn't say white collar criminal, I said white collar like a corporate professional who you work for/with but they did something unethical or illegal, a constant issue.

Same question: what are they going to do to me, and how would they know I informed on them?
Original post by JamesN88
Organised crime operates everywhere.

Not where I live, at least nothing above the level of drug suppliers, and I went to school with most of them and I could not care less if they were to find out I informed on them (not that I have done so, I don't know the specific people, just that there is only one school round here so by definition I must know them or their siblings). They're not exactly Al Capone.
(edited 7 years ago)
Not where I live, at least nothing above the level of drug suppliers.

Do you think the drugs are just appearing out of thin air?
Same question: what are they going to do to me, and how would they know I informed on them?

What do you mean what're they gonna do? If you report someone you work for for doing whatever they did, you could get sacked. You're thinking about tv repercussions and fail to realise this is an everyday thing of not speaking out in fear of whatever consequence. I'm not saying never ever report a crime I am saying be wise about it. You think it's fine to willy nilly report people and that's foolish. But ok have fun.
Organised crime operates everywhere. White collar criminals are also far more likely to have paid off corrupt policeman who turn a blind eye to their activities.

Exactly he doesn't get **** lol
Do you think the drugs are just appearing out of thin air?

In my dialect of English, 'nothing above the level of drugs suppliers' means that there are drugs suppliers, i.e. the people who give drugs to the drug dealers. Although as it happens I strongly suspect most of our drugs are locally produced by individuals not involved with organised crime, or they were until a massive cannabis farm was uncovered recently.
Reply 39
I was told to bring anything to an interview.
GUESS what i brought.
A rat .

Quick Reply

Latest