The Student Room Group
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

Missed grades Cardiff

As exams are rapidly approaching I am becoming nervous about my physics, I'm hoping to study computer science at Cardiff next year but I'm not sure I'll meet my ABB offer. While at the open day earlier this year one of the lecturers(professors?) told me they may still be able to accept me with ABC (which was my predicted) do you think this is something I could rely on at all? And how are Cardiff with missed grades in general?

Cheers
TWBTLH
(edited 7 years ago)
Only 2 out of the 8 people in my flat actually met their offer... I can't tell you specifically for CompSci I'm afraid, but they were pretty lenient last year. Nobody can tell you for certain as there are lots of factors affecting it, but I wouldn't lose hope just yet!
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by ThePhoenixLament
Only 2 out of the 8 people in my flat actually met their offer... I can't tell you specifically for CompSci I'm afraid, but they were pretty lenient last year. Nobody can tell you for certain as there are lots of factors affecting it, but I wouldn't lose hope just yet!

How lenient were they with the grades?
Reply 3
There's absolutely no point in thinking about that now just to stress yourself out. Just do your best now and worry later
Reply 4
Original post by TWBTLH
As exams are rapidly approaching I am becoming nervous about my physics, I'm hoping to study computer science at Cardiff next year but I'm not sure I'll meet my ABB offer. while at the open day earlier this year one of the lecturers(professors?) told me they may still be able to accept me with ABC (which was my predicted) do you think this is something I could rely on at all? And how are Cardiff with missed grades in general?

Cheers
TWBTLH

Try your best until your finish all your exams! :tongue: I am also in the same situation and feel that I can't achieve AAB, since I did extremely poorly in one of my Further Maths modules.

A few of the lectures at Cardiff also said the same thing to us who applied for Maths (as welll as 2 students in their 3rd yr), as long as we get the A/A* on the required subject and barely missed the grade for one of our subject. It's best to not rely on that though.
Original post by Dnkz7
How lenient were they with the grades?

Most missed by a grade but some were let in having slipped 2 or 3. Equally I know that someone who got an offer for my course got rejected having slipped one grade and someone who slipped by 2 got let in. That was based on their interview and personal statement.
As others before me have said, there's no use in worrying now as you can't do anything about it. Try not to think about it too much and make the most of your long summer- you'll need it before uni!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending