The Student Room Group

Is it common for a girl to say she wants to meet but then never hear from her again?

Is this something girls do often, because I usually get the "maybe" or "I'm too busy" response if she isn't interested and the "sure I'm up for it" response if she's down to meet...

Just seems strange.
She doesn't wanna meet you tbh
Yes, it's very common and means that she is:
a) Not interested.
b) Playing hard to get.

Always assume the former, because if you assume the latter and it turns out not to be the case she will think you are presumptuous and can't take a hint. You probably shouldn't waste time on girls who play hard to get anyhow
Reply 3
Original post by samina_ay

Original post by WBZ144
Yes, it's very common and means that she is:
a) Not interested.
b) Playing hard to get.

Always assume the former, because if you assume the latter and it turns out not to be the case she will think you are presumptuous and can't take a hint. You probably shouldn't waste time on girls who play hard to get anyhow

So both of you have told men in the past that you "definitely" want to meet only to not get in touch again?!

Why? Do you get some kind of high from it?
Reply 4

Hmm, well the fact that she said "definitely" and initiated contact with me again afterwards tells me otherwise...

Why do girls do this? Does it give them an edge or something?
Original post by Anonymous
So both of you have told men in the past that you "definitely" want to meet only to not get in touch again?!

Why? Do you get some kind of high from it?

We do it to keep you excited. Imagine if we said no, where would the fun be in that?

I haven't asked guys to meet me off the internet. It's always them who suggest - then its up to me to agree. If i say yes - you make the plans. Since it was your (a guys) suggestion.
Just allow it imo, girls just love ****ing around and can never give straight answer, they'll just sprout ********. Never chase a girl (too much at least), you'll only inflate their ****ing ego.

If she shows interest again to meet up then fair enough, go for it.
Reply 7
We do it to keep you excited. Imagine if we said no, where would the fun be in that?

I haven't asked guys to meet me off the internet. It's always them who suggest - then its up to me to agree. If i say yes - you make the plans. Since it was your (a guys) suggestion.

To keep me excited? How can you say it has anything to do with me. Saying "definitely" but meaning "no" is deceptive and selfish.

Saying "definitely" means you're up for it and agree to meet up.

She contacted me, I asked her if she wanted to meet and she said definitely and continued to contact me after that.
Reply 8
Original post by Lord Samosa
Just allow it imo, girls just love ****ing around and can never give straight answer, they'll just sprout ********. Never chase a girl (too much at least), you'll only inflate their ****ing ego.

If she shows interest again to meet up then fair enough, go for it.

"Definitely" is a straight answer.

Maybe, on the other hand, isn't... althought it usually means no.

I haven't even dared chasing her... I've let her do 100% of the contacting.
To keep me excited? How can you say it has anything to do with me. Saying "definitely" but meaning "no" is deceptive and selfish.

Saying "definitely" means you're up for it and agree to meet up.

She contacted me, I asked her if she wanted to meet and she said definitely and continued to contact me after that.

You suggested to meet up.
But where do you wanna meet? Go for a coffee? Meal? Cinema? Walk? Date? Time?
Girls need details! So tell her where you want to go and when - sort it!
You suggested to meet up.
But where do you wanna meet? Go for a coffee? Meal? Cinema? Walk? Date? Time?
Girls need details! So tell her where you want to go and when - sort it!

Well I said that it would be nice to see her and she said she's "definitely up to it".

Didn't make any concrete plans really.

She seemed eager though basedon her contacting me a couple of days later with something random.
Well I said that it would be nice to see her and she said she's "definitely up to it".

Didn't make any concrete plans really.

She seemed eager though basedon her contacting me a couple of days later with something random.

So... she is interested - just waiting for you to make solid plans :smile:
So... she is interested - just waiting for you to make solid plans :smile:

Well it's been a couple of weeks now... I'm not going to get in touch. If she does get in touch again, I'll make something solid.
Well it's been a couple of weeks now... I'm not going to get in touch. If she does get in touch again, I'll make something solid.

stubborn but oh wells
Reply 14
Is this something girls do often, because I usually get the "maybe" or "I'm too busy" response if she isn't interested and the "sure I'm up for it" response if she's down to meet...

Just seems strange.

I have heard similar stories from other posters many times before
Forget about her and move on

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending