The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by physicsmaths
If I get in a my schedule allows it I probably will go to graph theory since I done a fair bit of hard graph theory as extracurricular so I probably won't be going to some courses in IA like sets and others.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You should join me for the theoretical physics optional course, since your name is physicsmaths and all.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Insight314
You should join me for the theoretical physics optional course, since your name is physicsmaths and all.

Posted from TSR Mobile

No thanks lol. My name is a mistake, or a misjudgment of my strengths.
I am scared of dynamics and relativity since I heard it is crazy.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I hope your joking lol. Seriously.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nope, I am serious. Caffeine pills contain glucose to keep my blood sugar. But chill I eat a lot after school, it's a lot like fasting, and during no-school days I get fat like crazy.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Too bad you are not a Churchillian then.

As a proud future Churchillian, I take pride with my two minute walk to CMS.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just outta curiosity

Spoiler

Nope, I am serious. Caffeine pills contain glucose to keep my blood sugar. But chill I eat a lot after school, it's a lot like fasting, and during no-school days I get fat like crazy.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You need to chill out seriously.
Especially with the caffeine that **** will slow your heart down, I had red bull once since last year. I have coffee like once every 2 days or something and my main drinks are water and fresh orange juice(I know I am like 12 year old but who cares tropicana for the win).
Chill out on the caffeine and drink a lot of water lol you can't be doing that **** for months on end it seriously ain't good for you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
You need to chill out seriously.
Especially with the caffeine that **** will slow your heart down, I had red bull once since last year. I have coffee like once every 2 days or something and my main drinks are water and fresh orange juice(I know I am like 12 year old but who cares tropicana for the win).
Chill out on the caffeine and drink a lot of water lol you can't be doing that **** for months on end it seriously ain't good for you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am gonna stop in a few weeks time m8. I need to keep up until after exams. :smile: Can't promise I won't continue in Cambridge though. I need my maths.

Btw, even I don't drink orange juice.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Imperion
Just outta curiosity

Spoiler

All three at the same time.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Isn't that better though? I am more prepared for Camb workload as a result of it. I am ready to continue my daily routine of 800mg of caffeine (2 cups of coffee + a dozen 50mg caffeine pills), eating only once a day and only having 6 hours of sleep.

Posted from TSR Mobile

"ONLY" 6 hours of sleep?? I think you're way too optimistic........:tongue:
Isn't that better though? I am more prepared for Camb workload as a result of it. I am ready to continue my daily routine of 800mg of caffeine (2 cups of coffee + a dozen 50mg caffeine pills), eating only once a day and only having 6 hours of sleep.

Posted from TSR Mobile

More like bring about an early death, make your sclera and teeth turn brown, look 50 at the age of 25?? :noway:

I love free time, sleep, white eyes and teeth and a youthful complexion :lol:

But you must get a huge thrill out of studying (way more than an average Cambridge student) so you love it that much. :redface:
Original post by EricPiphany
I was actually considering planning to go to Chemistry lectures, but I had a look around at some timetables online, and it looks like a straight on clash. There's no way I will have the time.

I'm planning on going to music lectures :h:.
Yeah, so I, uh, like sleep for 10 hours and don't drink coffee. Am I ****ed?
Does anyone know if you need to have any prior experience of programming to take the CompSci module in NatSci? I am torn between doing either CompSci or a Biological module should I meet my offer. While I do enjoy the odd bit of Biology, I don't think it would be as useful to Physics but I only know really basic stuff about programming...
Original post by PhysicsIP2016
Does anyone know if you need to have any prior experience of programming to take the CompSci module in NatSci? I am torn between doing either CompSci or a Biological module should I meet my offer. While I do enjoy the odd bit of Biology, I don't think it would be as useful to Physics but I only know really basic stuff about programming...

No. You don't need any previous programming experience to do CompSci at all (although most do).

In other news:

Cambridge academics on Brexit...
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/05/30/eu-referendum-200-cambridge-university-academics-express-grave-c/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Zacken

No, thas wat we need to be senior wrangler in 3rd yr. we gna bang it dw.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Zacken

Pretty much

Watch how you get an unclassified degree

You don't but most people seem to suggest taking it is not a good idea
Original post by samb1234
You don't but most people seem to suggest taking it is not a good idea

Oh okay, just to clarify do you mean taking it without prior experience or taking it with NatSci?
Oh okay, just to clarify do you mean taking it without prior experience or taking it with NatSci?

Nat sci in general. According to most people it's one of if not the hardest 1a option, and you also have to remember that it's a paper directly from the comp sci tripos so you are graded against the comp scis who perhaps not surprisingly tend to be much better than the nat scis
Original post by samb1234
Nat sci in general. According to most people it's one of if not the hardest 1a option, and you also have to remember that it's a paper directly from the comp sci tripos so you are graded against the comp scis who perhaps not surprisingly tend to be much better than the nat scis

Ah okay, thank you! :smile:
Ah okay, thank you! :smile:

You probably don't have to decide right now anyway, if you really want to do comp sci then I'd try and get some more opinions on it (your DOS, current students etc etc) before you make a decision

Latest

Trending

Trending