The Student Room Group

"Safest" Medical School to Get Into as an International Student?

Hi,
So, I'm an international student currently enrolled in the IB diploma, and I really want to study medicine in the UK, but I'm really scared that I won't meet the requirements and won't be offered a place. I know it's really rare to be offered a place, but I still want to know which medical school is "easier" to get into.

In my school, we aren't allowed to see our predicted grades, so I want to make sure I have a chance of being offered a spot, even after the interview.

Also, if you were offered a place in any medical school, what were your IB scores and how was the interview?

Thank You in advance, and sorry if there are any English mistakes. :smile:
no medical school is "easy" to get into. Just apply to the ones which will give you the best chance of getting an interview based on their entry criteria.
No medical school is "easiest" to get into but they do each look for slightly different things. You need to research the courses carefully and work out which you "fit" best. How strange that your school keep your predicted grades a secret...!!
Reply 3
Original post by MonteCristo
No medical school is "easiest" to get into but they do each look for slightly different things. You need to research the courses carefully and work out which you "fit" best. How strange that your school keep your predicted grades a secret...!!

I know right! But I'm very scared of not getting into any university, so I was trying to see which one was more lenient on the IB predicted scores, and was more relaxed during the interview...
Original post by Rafitat13
I know right! But I'm very scared of not getting into any university, so I was trying to see which one was more lenient on the IB predicted scores, and was more relaxed during the interview...

Maybe start with this link then contact the "lowest IB score" medical schools to ask about their current "standard offer" if it isn't stated on their websites?
Reply 5
oh ok. thank you :smile:
Original post by Rafitat13
Hi,
So, I'm an international student currently enrolled in the IB diploma, and I really want to study medicine in the UK, but I'm really scared that I won't meet the requirements and won't be offered a place. I know it's really rare to be offered a place, but I still want to know which medical school is "easier" to get into.

In my school, we aren't allowed to see our predicted grades, so I want to make sure I have a chance of being offered a spot, even after the interview.

Also, if you were offered a place in any medical school, what were your IB scores and how was the interview?

Thank You in advance, and sorry if there are any English mistakes. :smile:

No medical school is easy to get into, especially as an international applicants because the competition ratios are incredibly high.

Its all about applying to your strengths, have a look around and see where you are likely with your UKCAT and your grades, to get an interview, and dont apply to places where you are unlikely to get an interview.

medical school requirements for IB differ greatly, but usually due to competition you have to score very highly. and be aware that often medical schools in the UK give preference to students from countries who have fewer medical schools and fewer places, allowing them to train here.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending