The Student Room Group

UCAS Help Please!!! anyone

Hey I had a quick Q!djdjdbbd
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by Sbbsv
Hey I had a quick Q!

Well in 2015 I did As and Flopped them badly (Got really bad grades) therefore this year I am preparing them on the NEW SPEC therefore currently I am redoing a new course not 'Techniclally resitting' if you understand what I mean.

Therefore if and when I apply to UCAS for University do I put on my old grades? Or ignore them and only out my NEW SPEC grades? As my brain tells me(Maybe wrong) as those grades were UUUU and not considerable and I am doing a new alevel and not resitting my New AAAA grades would be different?
Could you help? thanks!n

When it comes to your application, if like me you have done things more than once or done more than one qualification/course it says to put all of your previous stuff down. I wasn't happy because I had also done badly in the past.. But yeah, it asks for everything.
I told college I didn't want to tell them everything from my previous stuff and they said that the unis can look at my unique learner number (ULN) anyway, which literally shows them everything I've done.
Original post by Sbbsv
Hey I had a quick Q!djdjdbbd

While you have to declare all your grades that doesn't mean your application will be worse or considered more harshly.

Universities are looking for applicants who will peak while AT university (not someone who aced Yr 12 and then coasted through Yr 13 and barely passes their degree) - a restart/repeat of Yr 12 for good reason (the wrong subjects, health/personal problems, problems with your learning environment), with a good reference and predictions isn't viewed as a bad thing by universities (there are a small handful of exceptions but they're extremely niche, rare and generally just lazy snooty buggers who prefer to make their life easier by filtering on very historic performance rather than actually try to find the applicants most likely to succeed).

Quick Reply

Latest