The Student Room Group

Is this racist?banker claims black people are just not clever

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AvaLisa12
Right now youre irrelevant. Are you a banker? (Not that it matters but: Is your skin black? Are you the bankers race?) Are you a human with an opinion on the topic in discussion? If not then I dont see your relevance.

Are you saying I'm irrelevant because I'm a different race. Ok...
Original post by Mr...
I meant why should have to work harder than others to gain respect.

I know, but the way you worded could have been interpreted another way, it was a joke.
Original post by WBZ144
Everything I posted is perfectly in line with the topic, as it addresses what you and others have posted. You simply lack the guts to outright admit what you are. Overt racists are even more worthy of respect than you are :smile:

Again, you are trying to tie a motive to my position, as if this would somehow automatically make my conclusion of the facts wrong..

It's naively childish to think of it as an appropriate way to address someones position that differs from yours.

And what, you think that people who don't share your opinion don't deserve respect, we shouldn't respect their right to an opinion, perhaps we shouldn't respect their right to live a normal life, maybe even criminalize them ?

Is it just racists that fall into this sphere ?

This is stereotypical behavior and completely abhorrent, be very careful though, before you know it you opinion on any given issue might make you unworthy of respect among your peers that share this mentality.
Reply 383
Original post by Dalek1099
Life is based on luck thats the truth of it many people will like to claim that they've got where they have from what they've done but it simply isn't true(they will claim that they worked hard and weren't lazy but even these factors are controlled by Genetics and Environment).I do believe that there is a lot of determinism in the Universe due to Genetic and Environmental factors.Its one of the reasons why Communism makes sense as its only fair everyone gets the same since how successful you are is due virtually entirely to luck.

I disagree. It's better for all of us that some people are successful. Without them we wouldn't have the goods and services we have now. But yeah on an absolute level, there is nothing better about them that made them 'deserve' to be successful.
Original post by xylas
I disagree. It's better for all of us that some people are successful. Without them we wouldn't have the goods and services we have now. But yeah on an absolute level, there is nothing better about them that made them 'deserve' to be successful.

You can still be successful but just get the same amount of money, money isn't success.You don't need that much money to be happy, all the money is just going to be wasted on things you don't need.
Original post by lolatmaths
standard closet racist, there's many of them particularly in the upper class who try to veil it with silly logic.

What has he said that is racist?
Why are you white people so obsessed with us ? Do white men feel inferior to black men ? I think Han Solo does
Original post by banterboy
A few points.

You would have to admit though, that it's at least possible that blacks could be more or less intelligent than whites. Not saying they are, but it's conceivable.
What do you mean by intelligence ?

The Yorkshire Ripper, The Unabomber, Ted Bundy were well-above-average intelligence. They would likely do well on the Stanford-Binet or Wonderlich Industrial Aptitude Test.

No doubt, virtually all the men who invented Napalm for Dow Chemical, or who killed thousands thanks to their malfeasance at Bhopal, or who have been responsible for most of the ecological damage done to the land base upon which they and others depend. They would probably do well on a IQ test.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by RasputinReborn
The Black man is feared because no other man on earth threatens the White man's sense of manhood like a Blackman

I go on black blogs and websites and black people don't spend a second trying to prove that white people are stupid.

Is it because the Blackman built the world’s first civilizations ?
Is it because the Blackman is the only man to equal or surpass White men in every field of human achievement?
Is it the Whiteman’s sexual inferiority complex they feel regarding the Black Man ?

Blackman built and ruled the civilizations in Egypt and Mesopotamia when the Whiteman was a nomadic barbarian living in caves and holes in the ground.

What is the Truth about the Pre-Columbian Blackman ?
What are the historic origins of ‘white racism’ and the ideology of ‘white supremacy?

Black men threaten White men in a way that Asian and Arab men don't. This fear is ancient and you can trace it to its origins in the first Indo-Aryan invasions of Black civilization.

Their fear of black men is that we are seen and thought of as so physical we can hurt them, in addition, what can we do to their women ?

This comes back to the physical; the potency the strength there. That fear partly sexual goes back a long way, and that comes down to the fact that white men regard black men as better sexual performers than they are.

They don't say this publicly, but they say, 'they're so natural' and they began to wonder. 'Our women could they not be attracted to that?

Therefore all their efforts to de-man black men.

The most graphic was lynching, of course, but now they put black men in cages, called prisons, again to de-male us. they can't callus 'boy' but they still somehow can make sure black men don’t have jobs, make sure we don't threaten them in other ways.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 389
I think it's insecurity, as a black male myself who grew up listening to trap, garage and occasionally grime in South-East London, I always knew that someone who happens to be in a profession where it dominates in terms of ethnicity and gender to always make the first hit on the minority.

It's something I grew up with, even coming from a comprehensive in an impoverished area we still get treated like we are no-marks in society. This is an attitude that wont change, and usually being an optimist I believe that this is a deep-rooted problem in the heart of politics and society in general.

He is clearly racist, and I hope one day a black employee will actually face him and tell him what exactly he thinks of his 'white, middle-aged, upper-middle class boss'.
The reason why there is outrage is because Atheists replaced Christianity with Statism as the 'official' religion, which inevitably leads to the lie of equality, as opposed to replacing Christianity with Science which would dictate that we are not all equal and different races have different IQ averages.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by TimeTravel_0
Of course it's racist. What does skin colour have to do with intelligence?

While skin clour certainly doesnt, ethnicity might. The smaller the group in question, the more valid the relationship with inteligence.
Original post by George VI
You do understand that well educated people do sit down and debate these things? That is, instead of just using insults and self righteousness.

Thank you for your condescending comment George VI but no, I think you'll find that well-educated people don't discuss eugenics, it's a defunct theory only endorsed by batty old racists. Have a nice day.
Reply 393
Original post by Dnkz7
I think it's insecurity, as a black male myself who grew up listening to trap, garage and occasionally grime in South-East London, I always knew that someone who happens to be in a profession where it dominates in terms of ethnicity and gender to always make the first hit on the minority.

It's something I grew up with, even coming from a comprehensive in an impoverished area we still get treated like we are no-marks in society. This is an attitude that wont change, and usually being an optimist I believe that this is a deep-rooted problem in the heart of politics and society in general.

He is clearly racist, and I hope one day a black employee will actually face him and tell him what exactly he thinks of his 'white, middle-aged, upper-middle class boss'.

I'm black and come from a similar background to you. I grew up on a council estate in London, attended a rough comprehensive school (only half the pupils in my year left with five A-C grades at GCSE) and attended a "ghetto" college (where many of the students were in gangs) but managed to study at a Russell Group university.

The man in question is clearly a closet racist (or a subconcious racist at the very least). However, he does have a point regarding the manner in which many black people speak/conduct themselves in public! I really can't stand MLE (Multicultural London English) also known as ghetto talk/street talk. The ghetto dialect most black youngsters have adopted nowadays (e.g. fam, blud, mandem, allow it, safe, ya get me etc, etc) just makes me cringe as I feel it just makes them sound unintelligent and like a bad Ali-G impersonator! I'll honestly cry if my future children adopt this ridiculous accent!

It's well-known that many intelligent, educated black people who speak in a professional dialect experience difficulty in obtaining a reputable job so speaking in that awful ghetto dialect and the "roadman" behaviour it's associated with will only hinder a black person's chances of a entering a highly respectable profession such as law or medicine!
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 394
Original post by Dalek1099
You can still be successful but just get the same amount of money, money isn't success.You don't need that much money to be happy, all the money is just going to be wasted on things you don't need.

Ok I haven't mentioned money so far but we can discuss this if you like. Most definitions of success include the attainment of fame, wealth or social status.

How else would you determine that someone is successful or not? Name me a few people you consider to be successful.

You mentioned communism obviously this is a system that doesn't only limit the attainment of wealth, but also fame and social status. So unless your definition of success is different to most definitions, it is much less likely for an individual to be successful under communism.
Original post by PrincePaul678686
What do you mean by intelligence ?

The Yorkshire Ripper, The Unabomber, Ted Bundy were well-above-average intelligence. They would likely do well on the Stanford-Binet or Wonderlich Industrial Aptitude Test.

No doubt, virtually all the men who invented Napalm for Dow Chemical, or who killed thousands thanks to their malfeasance at Bhopal, or who have been responsible for most of the ecological damage done to the land base upon which they and others depend. They would probably do well on a IQ test.

Not sure what your point is here? Yes, there are some bad clever people?
Original post by pizzaprincess
Thank you for your condescending comment George VI but no, I think you'll find that well-educated people don't discuss eugenics, it's a defunct theory only endorsed by batty old racists. Have a nice day.

How is it a defunct theory? Genetics are well understood and its perfectly reasonable to endorse eugenics, so long as the criteria are reasonable.

Discouraging those with inheritable diseases to reproduce with those also with the disease is reasonable. Discouraging certain ethnicities is not.
Reply 397
Original post by pizzaprincess
I can't even believe that you are all sat here 'debating' this. You should all be ashamed of yourselves. If somebody is qualified and well-educated, they get the job. The end. Race does not come into it. How the OP can sit here and ask 'is this racist' - newsflash! Calling people uneducated and unintelligent PURELY on account of their race is racist, by definition. To sit here debating differences in IQ and cranial capacities and differences in intelligence across races etc. is disgusting and reeks of eugenics. I thought better of people on the Student Room.

I can understand your anger and disgust regarding the banker's comments but I feel your reaction towards other forum members is too forthright!

As mentioned in my previous post, the man in question is clearly a closet racist (or a subconcious racist at the very least). However, he does have a point regarding the manner in which many black people speak/conduct themselves in public! I'm black but I really can't stand MLE (Multicultural London English) also known as ghetto talk/street talk and the "roadman" lifestyle many young black youngsters unfortunately pursue!
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 398
Original post by PrincePaul678686
The Black man is feared because no other man on earth threatens the White man's sense of manhood like a Blackman

I go on black blogs and websites and black people don't spend a second trying to prove that white people are stupid.

Is it because the Blackman built the world’s first civilizations ?
Is it because the Blackman is the only man to equal or surpass White men in every field of human achievement?
Is it the Whiteman’s sexual inferiority complex they feel regarding the Black Man ?

Blackman built and ruled the civilizations in Egypt and Mesopotamia when the Whiteman was a nomadic barbarian living in caves and holes in the ground.

What is the Truth about the Pre-Columbian Blackman ?
What are the historic origins of ‘white racism’ and the ideology of ‘white supremacy?

Black men threaten White men in a way that Asian and Arab men don't. This fear is ancient and you can trace it to its origins in the first Indo-Aryan invasions of Black civilization.

Their fear of black men is that we are seen and thought of as so physical we can hurt them, in addition, what can we do to their women ?

This comes back to the physical; the potency the strength there. That fear partly sexual goes back a long way, and that comes down to the fact that white men regard black men as better sexual performers than they are.

They don't say this publicly, but they say, 'they're so natural' and they began to wonder. 'Our women could they not be attracted to that?

Therefore all their efforts to de-man black men.

The most graphic was lynching, of course, but now they put black men in cages, called prisons, again to de-male us. they can't callus 'boy' but they still somehow can make sure black men don’t have jobs, make sure we don't threaten them in other ways.

You got us. WW = Walter White...I mean Wascally Whiteman.
Original post by HanSoloLuck
Again, you are trying to tie a motive to my position, as if this would somehow automatically make my conclusion of the facts wrong..

It's naively childish to think of it as an appropriate way to address someones position that differs from yours.

And what, you think that people who don't share your opinion don't deserve respect, we shouldn't respect their right to an opinion, perhaps we shouldn't respect their right to live a normal life, maybe even criminalize them ?

Is it just racists that fall into this sphere ?

This is stereotypical behavior and completely abhorrent, be very careful though, before you know it you opinion on any given issue might make you unworthy of respect among your peers that share this mentality.

*yawns* I never said that you should be silenced and your thoughts should be criminalised, I am simply calling a spade a spade because you don't have the guts tof admit what you are, making overt racists far more courageous than you are.

Quick Reply

Latest