The Student Room Group

My girlfriend acts like a child and its so unattractive

She acts like a five year old, presumably because she thinks its cute and ill like it. But I really dont, it makes me feel like a pedo and a babysitter and its soo uncomfortable. Even worse, shes losing a lot weight and starting to actually look like a kid and honestly I am very unattracted to her now.

sad thing is, it's not like this is how she is and I have to "accept" her or leave, we've been together a year now and shes started this new persona like 3 months ago and I just dealt with it. So really shes the one thats changed, Im guessing it's because shes more comfortable because we've been together a while.

She used to be so womanly and have such a powerful presence - which is why I went crazy for her in the first place and pursued her. And even now with other people she's confident and womanly but to me she acts like a five year old.

she basically puts on a child like voice and like mumbles and says random stuff and goes 'oooh im so sorry im weird teheheheehe' and you should get the picture by now. I just find it so fake and weird and I already have a baby sister I dont need another weird kid in my life right now.

I just feel like screaming to her 'stop it its not cute' But I have no idea how to communicate that to her without her getting upset offended and self concious.

please please can somebody help me, this is ruining what was once an amazing relationship. I still love her but shes really pushing me away.

Scroll to see replies

Lol there are so many girls like that , I think tell her why do you act like a child .. Just be honest
Daddy issues?
Original post by Anonymous

she basically puts on a child like voice and like mumbles and says random stuff and goes 'oooh im so sorry im weird teheheheehe' and you should get the picture by now.

That's a symptom of abuse as a child, isn't it?
Explain to her that you don't like it and are not comfortable with it. If it turns out she has deeper reasons behind it, support her with these. If she just enjoys doing it and continues to do it, then decide if it is a dealbreaker and learn to either put up with it or break up with her. Good luck.
Original post by penelopecrux
Slap her in the face and say stop. She ought to get the memo this way.

I feel bad for anyone who ends up in a relationship with you...
Original post by Elivercury
I feel bad for anyone who ends up in a relationship with you...

dude i would hit my bf if he misbehaves lmao
Ask her why she is speaking like that.
Reply 8
She acts like a five year old, presumably because she thinks its cute and ill like it. But I really dont, it makes me feel like a pedo and a babysitter and its soo uncomfortable. Even worse, shes losing a lot weight and starting to actually look like a kid and honestly I am very unattracted to her now.

sad thing is, it's not like this is how she is and I have to "accept" her or leave, we've been together a year now and shes started this new persona like 3 months ago and I just dealt with it. So really shes the one thats changed, Im guessing it's because shes more comfortable because we've been together a while.

She used to be so womanly and have such a powerful presence - which is why I went crazy for her in the first place and pursued her. And even now with other people she's confident and womanly but to me she acts like a five year old.

she basically puts on a child like voice and like mumbles and says random stuff and goes 'oooh im so sorry im weird teheheheehe' and you should get the picture by now. I just find it so fake and weird and I already have a baby sister I dont need another weird kid in my life right now.

I just feel like screaming to her 'stop it its not cute' But I have no idea how to communicate that to her without her getting upset offended and self concious.

please please can somebody help me, this is ruining what was once an amazing relationship. I still love her but shes really pushing me away.

Just tell her? Say it has a negative impact on the relationship and you'd prefer if she just acted her age
Reply 9
Communication.

Poor fella. Domestic abuse is a sad thing.
Original post by Elivercury
Poor fella. Domestic abuse is a sad thing.

haha, he likes it tho, he thinks it's hot
have you asked her why she does it? Instead of sitting there and seething?
call me 678-999-8212 and i get you knew wife
Original post by Kasoolmarriage
call me 678-999-8212 and i get you knew wife

Worked for me guys. :ahee::woo::clap2:
Lmao my first though was loli , fek
Because society tells young girls these days that that's what's attractive. Look at the females on 'Geordie-Brother-Beach Island-Made In-Towie'. They act like spoilt attention seeking 5 year olds with approx the same level of vocabulary and worldliness. Then they go on to get magazine deals, reality shows, their own line of personalised gonks flogged by Matalan, and acquire 800,000 Twitter followers off the back of it.

But back in the real world I would just ask her nicely to stop doing it and telll her it's putting you off. Sadly, she'll probably finish with you and find some meat-head who expects her to behave that way.

That's life, I guess.

As a lot of girls do according to statistics. It's otherwise known as domestic abuse.

I couldn't help burst out laughing :laugh:
I think you need to speak to her and first of all ask her if there is a reason she has suddenly started behaving this way. If there isn't and she says she's just messing about or whatever, then I think you need to make it clear to her that not only do you not like it but that it is creeping you out .Tell her straight that you care very much for her, but the old her, not this new persona. Tell her in no uncertain terms that you don't find it in the slightest bit attractive. Do you know if she has had a previous boyfriend who she maybe used to act like this with ,who maybe encouraged it?

Latest

Trending

Trending