The Student Room Group

better subject combination for economics (hopefully at a russell group uni)

hello. so I am starting my a levels in a few weeks and still have yet to decide on my subject combination. Due to set combinations by my college, i am not free to choose my own combination of subjects but i have to follow the college's.

i am between two combinations which is MATHS, BIO, CHEM AND ECONS or MATHS, ACCOUNTING, SOCIOLOGY/PSYCHOLOGY AND ECONS.

i would like some feedback as to which combination I should choose. Thanks

(I know that FM is very recommended for an Economics degree but I do not have the ability to choose that subject at my college)
Reply 1
The first combination
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by sabbbbb
hello. so I am starting my a levels in a few weeks and still have yet to decide on my subject combination. Due to set combinations by my college, i am not free to choose my own combination of subjects but i have to follow the college's.

i am between two combinations which is MATHS, BIO, CHEM AND ECONS or MATHS, ACCOUNTING, SOCIOLOGY/PSYCHOLOGY AND ECONS.

i would like some feedback as to which combination I should choose. Thanks

(I know that FM is very recommended for an Economics degree but I do not have the ability to choose that subject at my college)

That's odd you have to pick a set combination...
But i'd say the first combination.
First combo and it's not even close
Reply 4
Original post by richpanda
First combo and it's not even close

Hi, do you mind giving some feedback as to why the first combo is better? Thanks
Original post by sabbbbb
Hi, do you mind giving some feedback as to why the first combo is better? Thanks

Accounting/Sociology are nowhere near as well respected by universities as the others
Reply 6
Original post by richpanda
Accounting/Sociology are nowhere near as well respected by universities as the others

All you need maths/econ and the third subject is just filler
Original post by Pato1
All you need maths/econ and the third subject is just filler

for top unis you pretty much need further maths

Quick Reply

Latest