The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by IFoundWonderland
OP appears to be under the illusion that the pill is 100% effective 🙄 one in every hundred women will get pregnant whilst using the pill each year.

Oh ffs another idiot
Original post by Anonymous
How have I ****ed it lol? She's the one who didn't take the pill!

Original post by samina_ay
Doesn't hurt to use your own bloody protection too

Hahaha. No but this is actually quite funny.
You're having such an intimate act with somebody who you can't even trust not to screw your life over with a baby.

Sometimes I wonder if most people get into relationships not because they've identified the right person for them, but out of sheer stupidity.
OP

I feel bad for you

Everyone saying "Oh why not use a condom blah blah":

The whole point of having different types of contraceptive is so everyone has a different options

:colonhash:
Original post by cosmic angel
Hahaha. No but this is actually quite funny.
You're having such an intimate act with somebody who you can't even trust not to screw your life over with a baby.

Sex after marriage ladies and gentlemen
That's a good point actually... I'll contact her soon about it, I think she mentioned she's away with her family right now or something.

You're still liable to pay child maintenance even if your name isn't on the birth certificate. A DNA test will decide it if necessary.
Original post by Jazzyboy
Wow, the response here is very one-sided.

I'm all for making him take some of the responsibility, but; THE WOMAN LIED TO HIM. It's blatant deceit, and it's unreasonable to expect him to have used a condom if he trusted her to be honest about being on the pill. The whole point of the pill is that it's supposed to negate the need for a condom.

OP, I'd seek legal advice if I were you. There might be some way to prove that she deceived you, and get out of it that way. But yes, there is a very real chance that you're just screwed at this point, and you might have to find a way to pay child support. It's not at all fair though, and I really hope you can get out of it or at least make the situation a bit easier for yourself.

You are being ridiculous. There is no evidence that she has lied to him other than the OP saying "ZOMG I THOUGHT SHE WAS ON THE PILL!?!?!" and fancying himself worth of 'trapping'.

She has gotten pregnant, whether deliberately or accidentally, either while taking the pill or forgetting to take it. We don't know how it has occurred and ultimately it doesn't really make a difference. If you don't want a baby with someone, wrap it. It's really that simple. I've sympathy for him that she wants to keep it and he doesn't, but ultimately it is her call, just like it was his call not to wrap it.

Also, the idea he can seek legal advice and sue her out of him having to pay child support is beyond ridiculous.
Original post by Kieran1996
OP

I feel bad for you

Everyone saying "Oh why not use a condom blah blah":

The whole point of having different types of contraceptive is so everyone has a different options

:colonhash:

It is, you are correct, and it is very unfortunate when one of those methods fails. However it failing does not automatically mean the pregnant woman is a gold-digging bitch, she's probably just a scared young girl who really would rather not have gotten pregnant either.
Sex after marriage ladies and gentlemen

Seconded. +1
LOL

That's not exactly how statistics work mate

Not generally, no; but it is how contraceptive failure statistics are calculated. But don't let that stand in your way...

in all honesty it takes 2 to clap so if you had the consent to engage in the action you should man up for the consequences or use protection yourself! sounding like Jeremy Kyle
Original post by Elivercury
It is, you are correct, and it is very unfortunate when one of those methods fails. However it failing does not automatically mean the pregnant woman is a gold-digging bitch, she's probably just a scared young girl who really would rather not have gotten pregnant either.

Exactly, she's probably anon on this thread rn.
Original post by Persipan
Not generally, no; but it is how contraceptive failure statistics are calculated. But don't let that stand in your way...

Well regardless I agree that the pill is susceptible to failure
Original post by Jazzyboy
Wow, the response here is very one-sided.

I'm all for making him take some of the responsibility, but; THE WOMAN LIED TO HIM. It's blatant deceit, and it's unreasonable to expect him to have used a condom if he trusted her to be honest about being on the pill. The whole point of the pill is that it's supposed to negate the need for a condom.

OP, I'd seek legal advice if I were you. There might be some way to prove that she deceived you, and get out of it that way. But yes, there is a very real chance that you're just screwed at this point, and you might have to find a way to pay child support. It's not at all fair though, and I really hope you can get out of it or at least make the situation a bit easier for yourself.

If he really didn't want a child, he should have used a condom anyway as the pill is not 100% effective. There is no proof that she lied. It's entirely possible that she genuinely forgot to take it one day, or even that she took it religiously but some other factor made the pill less effective.

LOL at seeking legal advice. Even if she admitted to lying, no judge is going to let a child suffer financially because their mother is a liar and their father didn't have enough sense to use a condom.
Reply 113
OHHHHHH mayne OP creampied it and just let the nuts hangin out. His pull out game weak mayyyyne.

https://youtu.be/mg-C8kTkHr8?t=379
Reply 114
I would never have sex without a condom without having a serious conversation with the girl regarding what she plans to do if she gets pregnant.

Original post by Elivercury
Yes, they are referring to the size of their 'manhood'. And yes it's totally ridiculous, I've fit my entire head/forearm into a condom - if you can't fit into one, it almost certainly isn't going to fit into a woman either.

Every dick can fit into a condom, but the ring at the base of the condom can be painful after a while.

Welcome to reality, you as a man have no say in this at all sadly, it's up to her.

Also, if she decides to keep it, you again have no say and you WILL have to pay for it.

Such is modern society.
Original post by Josb
I would never have sex without a condom without having a serious conversation with the girl regarding what she plans to do if she gets pregnant.

Every dick can fit into a condom, but the ring at the base of the condom can be painful after a while.

Be quick then, perfect excuse.
Reply 117
Original post by Shumaya
If he really didn't want a child, he should have used a condom anyway as the pill is not 100% effective.

What's the point of using the pill if you still need condoms?
OP, before you start booking your flight to Rio, are you sure she is actually pregnant? You said she thinks she is 'two weeks' pregnant. This doesn't really make sense. The earliest you can possibly do an accurate preg test is about 6 weeks after her last period, and that assumes her cycle is regular which it won't necessarily be if she's been taking the pill for a while.

Why not just calm down, wait a couple of weeks, and go to the doctor with her. Then you can start making proper decisions when you know what you're really dealing with.

And by the way, just because you dont want to be with her, that doesn't mean you won't want to be part of the child's life. You'd be surprised how people change when a baby is actually born. But that's a LONG way off yet.

Good luck.
She takes most of the blame.

I'm not going to stay with her.

She tricked me into all this... I'm sure she planned it too. If she hadn't she would've told me she wasn't on it - and don't tell me "maybe she forgot" because she's been on the pill since day 1.

It's sad when when some women bring kids into the world to try and fix or even forge a relationship with an unwilling man. To me that is the epitome of desperation. The resultant children are nothing but pawns to them and likely to become victims of manipulation and psychological abuse themselves.

Latest

Trending

Trending