The Student Room Group

I cant do it :(

I have an exam on Monday and I'm so stressed. I am not even close to having done enough revision and I'm trying to revise but the amount I have to do is much that it is stressing me out and stopping me from being able to do any revision! At this point I really think I'm going to fail and I don't know how I can revise everything in 4 days! :frown: advice?!

Scroll to see replies

You can do it. Just believe in yourself. If you are motivated, you can accomplish it :smile:
4 days is quite a long time if you think about it, just divide up what you need to know for the exam into topics, maybe there's units or something that the specification is split up into. Then time table these across the 4 days you have and try and work through each one, focusing on the things you find you're weakest at, maybe making notes or flash cards, watching videos on YouTube. If you have time try and find some past paper questions specific to each topic and even if you don't do them it will be good to read them and get familiar with what the exam board might ask you in the exam. Just be calm, what ever will be will be ! Good luck !
What exam is it?
Reply 4
Original post by katierthompson
What exam is it?

Government and Politics
Reply 5
Even if i was motivated, its impossible to revise SO much in 4 days :frown:
Just write 3 pages slagging Cameron off. Guaranteed A*. I recommend leading with "sex with pigs".
Don't panic everyone is in the same boat, just concentrate on the task ahead and make sure you don't get distracted you'll be surprised how much you can revise in 4 days, you can do plenty of revision and I'm sure you know more than you think you do. If you really don't think you can revise everything try and revise the main key points and then do loads of past papers to try and see what the examiners are looking for in your answers I hope that helps, if you need any advice just message me :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
I have an exam on Monday and I'm so stressed. I am not even close to having done enough revision and I'm trying to revise but the amount I have to do is much that it is stressing me out and stopping me from being able to do any revision! At this point I really think I'm going to fail and I don't know how I can revise everything in 4 days! :frown: advice?!

Hi! There's some advice in a TSR article here :smile:

I can completely understand feeling really overwhelmed, but try not to worry about learning absolutely everything as this is just making you more stressed, and less likely to start revising. Focus on learning as much as you can in the next couple of days. Make sure you eat well and get enough sleep, and maybe switch up your revision so you don't get too bored of doing the same things - maybe switch between past papers, note, flashcards etc.

Here's TSR's bank of revision resources on Govt and Politics if you need them. Good luck with your revision and your exam :h:
Reply 9
Original post by Elivercury
Just write 3 pages slagging Cameron off. Guaranteed A*. I recommend leading with "sex with pigs".

That would be hard to do since I like him xD
That would be hard to do since I like him xD

In that case your exam is the least of your worries and you should get yourself sectioned. Best of luck.
In that case your exam is the least of your worries and you should get yourself sectioned. Best of luck.

Only my opinion :wink: who do you support then?
Only my opinion :wink: who do you support then?

I can't say I "like" any politician. Although Nicola has done right by me in the past, so she has my support.
I know what you mean,
I have revised for 1 out of 5 topics for biology and my exam is on Tuesday
and I have a physics exam filled with practicals on Thursday and I have done Nothing on it, I legit mean zilch
then lets not even go to chemistry......
All you can do is give your best tbh you cant do more than that, thinking this usually calms me, dont stress yourself and get to work from right now!
Good luck!!:yep::thumbsup:
The best thing to do is to do lots of past papers and then you know what you're not so great at and can work on it :smile:)
When you get into the real world looking for jobs and all, you'll wonder why you stressed out over this exam:wink:
Government and Politics

I haven't started yet either, chill, it'll be fine :tongue:
Original post by Ishea16
I know what you mean,
I have revised for 1 out of 5 topics for biology and my exam is on Tuesday
and I have a physics exam filled with practicals on Thursday and I have done Nothing on it, I legit mean zilch
then lets not even go to chemistry......
All you can do is give your best tbh you cant do more than that, thinking this usually calms me, dont stress yourself and get to work from right now!
Good luck!!:yep::thumbsup:

Glad to know there are others in the same boat! Thanks and good luck to you too :smile:
Original post by balanced
I haven't started yet either, chill, it'll be fine :tongue:

You havent started?! Im completely relaxed now xD bet you are one of those people that dont need to revise though!
I can't say I "like" any politician. Although Nicola has done right by me in the past, so she has my support.

Fair enough...

Quick Reply

Latest