The Student Room Group

Why can we not all accept each other?

With racism, religious discrimination and people like BNP gaining popularity, can't we accept each other and live in peace?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by student.feed
With racism, religious discrimination and people like BNP gaining popularity, can't we accept each other and live in peace?

Not going to happen.

Xenophobia and the far right is a natural response to the asinine policies the hard left has put Europe through.
Original post by TheIr0nDuke
Not going to happen.

Xenophobia and the far right is a natural response to the asinine policies the hard left has put Europe through.

What policy would you consider asinine?
What policy would you consider asinine?

Mass immigration, the EU itself, appalling response to the refugee crisis, tolerance of an intolerant religion.

Vague, but unfortunately the far right is a justified response. The pendulum has swung to the left, and now it goes back again.

Because us humans are a fked up lot.
Mass immigration, the EU itself, appalling response to the refugee crisis, tolerance of an intolerant religion.

Vague, but unfortunately the far right is a justified response. The pendulum has swung to the left, and now it goes back again.

What would you do to deal with the refugees? What intolerant religion?
What would you do to deal with the refugees? What intolerant religion?

A safe zone in Syria. Keeps them close to home and protected at the same time.

Intolerant religion? Take a guess.

It's a nice thought but there are always people that want to create drama. It's just reality mate :smile:
A safe zone in Syria. Keeps them close to home and protected at the same time.

Intolerant religion? Take a guess.

I agree with you on the refugee crisis. What about taking back some of Palestine?

Please enlighten me about the intolerant religion.
The BNP aren't gaining popularity, in fact they have declined and are now completely irrelevant.

Nevertheless, your fantasy land of world peace and cupcakes will remain just that, a fantasy.
Original post by Mrs.Grey
It's a nice thought but there are always people that want to create drama. It's just reality mate :smile:

True, true.
Until religion (particularly Islam) has been reformed then eradicated, "acceptance" and "peace" are terms of fiction.
I agree with you on the refugee crisis. What about taking back some of Palestine?

Please enlighten me about the intolerant religion.

And expanding Israel? No thanks.

Islam. Thought it would have been easy enough to guess.
Because people believe different things. And all the things I believe in MUST be right, and therefore everybody else is wrong
Original post by maskofsanity
Until religion (particularly Islam) has been reformed then eradicated, "acceptance" and "peace" are terms of fiction.

You speak as if Islam is the only source of conflict in the world.

EDIT: Or religion in general
And expanding Israel? No thanks.

Islam. Thought it would have been easy enough to guess.

Israel illegally took over Palestine so restoring Palestine and leaving Israel as its original size should be best.

What do you plan to do with the muslims? Deport them like Donald Trump?
Original post by maskofsanity

Have you read the Qur'an?
Israel illegally took over Palestine so restoring Palestine and leaving Israel as its original size should be best.

What do you plan to do with the muslims? Deport them like Donald Trump?

Yes, I agree with you on Israel.

Nothing so brash. We're powerless to stop Islam now even if we wanted to (which the vast majority of leftists don't).

The only way would be a nationalist revolution, and soon. But I don't see that happening.
Yes, I agree with you on Israel.

Nothing so brash. We're powerless to stop Islam now even if we wanted to (which the vast majority of leftists don't).

The only way would be a nationalist revolution, and soon. But I don't see that happening.

Why would you stop Islam? Would you vote for groups like BNP to defeat them?
Why would you stop Islam? Would you vote for groups like BNP to defeat them?

It promotes intolerance, bigotry, extremism, and undermines the Christian values of the UK. Moderate muslims in small numbers I have no issue with, but how can you tell? It's nigh impossible.

Until a genuine conservative party comes along (not the left wing Torys masquerading as such) I will continue to vote UKIP.

Quick Reply