The Student Room Group

Investment banking with degree from Oxford

I was wondering - i know that Investment banking is a highly competitive and tough field of work.
But graduates from oxbridge are highly sought after, apparently regardless of the degree.
Therefore, if I managed to get a place at Oxford to study Archaeology and Anthropology - would I still be able to perhaps go into investment banking?Or is the degree not 'worthy' of this even if it is from oxford?

Thanks so much
Original post by greys-anatomy
I was wondering - i know that Investment banking is a highly competitive and tough field of work.
But graduates from oxbridge are highly sought after, apparently regardless of the degree.
Therefore, if I managed to get a place at Oxford to study Archaeology and Anthropology - would I still be able to perhaps go into investment banking?Or is the degree not 'worthy' of this even if it is from oxford?

Thanks so much

Pls read the sticky about how to get a job in finance, this has been done to death.

But to answer your Q, no, it doesn't matter. I would, however, try to maintain a strong level of numeracy if you can. Also, your Oxbridge degree alone won't mean much without the extra stuff (ECs, experience, personality, skills etc).

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by greys-anatomy

Thanks so much

My fiancé did arch and anth at oxford and gt a job as an FX trader. Go figure.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending